#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are going to be shocked by how many more fans they lose for next season, of course you will get those who would renew whatever the club did to them but even some quite staunch supporters who are friends of mine who I'd never ever of thought would give it a miss are actually going to do just that, main gripe for many of them appears to be the resentment they feel for being used as pawns in a tit for tat between the club and the FLG, using fans in these sort of situations is always a risky move and we are about to see the consequence of this.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think they are going to be shocked by how many more fans they lose for next season, of course you will get those who would renew whatever the club did to them but even some quite staunch supporters who are friends of mine who I'd never ever of thought would give it a miss are actually going to do just that, main gripe for many of them appears to be the resentment they feel for being used as pawns in a tit for tat between the club and the FLG, using fans in these sort of situations is always a risky move and we are about to see the consequence of this.

I wasn't renewing anyway until at least Mo and Barry are gone. However, the JR stand fiasco and the way the early bird tickets are being offered would be enough on its own for me. My response to Natalie below. It could have been worded better but it was an instant reaction whilst raging. 

"Dear Natalie,

Another example of the club treating loyal fans with disdain. I am fuming about being treated like a pawn by the club in their dispute with the landlords. I bought a season ticket in the JRS and expect the club to do all they can to honour that. How dare you make my seat unavailable to me but threaten me with having to pay full price if you haven't sorted out YOUR dispute before the early bird offer is up. Whilst there are many other reasons for not coming to BP next season (after 48 years), this is the cherry on the cake. I will not be renewing."

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Looks like OEC have done whatever needed to be done so over to the club now.

A bit controversial maybe but since the FLG announced themselves and their intentions, have they actually done anything at all

They announced to our supporters :

• they're going to buy the whole of the stadium and the land footprint it sits on
  • they're in the process of buying a number of A Shares which will give them influence with the Board
  • they're going to manage the OEC including match day hospitality

For me, at least an update from them on just the above three matters shouldn't be too much to ask

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

A bit controversial maybe but since the FLG announced themselves and their intentions, have they actually done anything at all

They announced to our supporters :

• they're going to buy the whole of the stadium and the land footprint it sits on
  • they're in the process of buying a number of A Shares which will give them influence with the Board
  • they're going to manage the OEC including match day hospitality

For me, at least an update from them on just the above three matters shouldn't be too much to ask

Would imagine all on hold until the 'investigation' is completed.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Would imagine all on hold until the 'investigation' is completed.

Cant see any reason why the purchase of club A Shares  by the FLG would be impacted by the North Stand situation

The FLG last statement on the purchase of the shares (early Jan) read very upbeat so what happened 🤔

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Cant see any reason why the purchase of club A Shares  by the FLG would be impacted by the North Stand situation

The FLG last statement on the purchase of the shares (early Jan) read very upbeat so what happened 🤔

Pretty pointless if a 22% shareholding actually turned out to be 0.22%

35 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Pretty pointless if a 22% shareholding actually turned out to be 0.22%

Agree that's how it seems to have finished up but the FLG last statement read:

•        What this means is that the FLG, upon completion, will hold a percentage share of the Football Club. These are A Shares with full voting rights over and above all existing members of the current OAFC Board of Directors, aside from Mr Lemsagam

So was the FLG simply over playing the impact the share purchase would have regarding their potential influence around the Board, were they out manoeuvred by AL or just spouting hot air  

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We were never worse than we are now!!

The stats show that the 1959/60 team was our worst to date. The previous season they finished 21st in Division 4 with 36 points (52 with 3 points for a win) and applied for re-election, but the 59/60 team finished 23rd - P46 W8 D12 L26 F41 A83 Pts 28 (36 with 3 points for a win). I don't know if anyone on here remembers that side (I was only just born!), but even this season's shower will presumably finish the season with more wins and goals scored, and hopefully higher than 23rd!

While I'm clutching at straws, it was only three seasons later that we finished runners-up and got promotion to Division 3!

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

The stats show that the 1959/60 team was our worst to date. The previous season they finished 21st in Division 4 with 36 points (52 with 3 points for a win) and applied for re-election, but the 59/60 team finished 23rd - P46 W8 D12 L26 F41 A83 Pts 28 (36 with 3 points for a win). I don't know if anyone on here remembers that side (I was only just born!), but even this season's shower will presumably finish the season with more wins and goals scored, and hopefully higher than 23rd!

While I'm clutching at straws, it was only three seasons later that we finished runners-up and got promotion to Division 3!

The 1959 wasn't good, but it shows in football things can change quickly with good signings that capture the imagination and give hope. That's what 1960 brought. Lets hope history repeats itself next season. 

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

•        What this means is that the FLG, upon completion, will hold a percentage share of the Football Club. These are A Shares with full voting rights over and above all existing members of the current OAFC Board of Directors, aside from Mr Lemsagam

So was the FLG simply over playing the impact the share purchase would have regarding their potential influence around the Board, were they out manoeuvred by AL or just spouting hot air  

any percentage is a percentage

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I remember it well. I was 15 during that season, but my Dad and I never missed a game. We were awful, but we always felt that, just maybe, one day we would be a much better team.

I don't recall the club being such a clusterfuck in those days, we were simply a very poor side. But it did get better and stayed better for quite some time.

I don't see that happening any time soon with this bunch of looneys in charge.

5 hours ago, tGWB said:

None of the directors have shares apart from AL so that's not much of a statement, and iIt doesn't matter what percentage they have AL will outvote them. I should think they had second thoughts about buying the shares after AL diluted the shares they were about to buy, if they hadn't already bought them. Threat of legal proceedings will be preventing the rest, so there isn't much point making another statement. Maybe they are having second thoughts on the whole idea.

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I remember it well. I was 15 during that season, but my Dad and I never missed a game. We were awful, but we always felt that, just maybe, one day we would be a much better team.

I don't recall the club being such a clusterfuck in those days, we were simply a very poor side. But it did get better and stayed better for quite some time.

I don't see that happening any time soon with this bunch of looneys in charge.

Thanks for that, interesting. Mind you, the book Pine Villa & Oldham Athletic - a 100 Year Journey says that at the end of that season there were allegations of match fixing in games involving Latics players, which led to a police investigation and a report to the DPP, though no further action was taken. The entire Board subsequently resigned (if only.....) and the club admitted to being in serious financial difficulties. The only good news at one point was that we were re-elected to the League while Gateshead, who finished above us, were turfed out!

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

None of the directors have shares apart from AL so that's not much of a statement, and iIt doesn't matter what percentage they have AL will outvote them. I should think they had second thoughts about buying the shares after AL diluted the shares they were about to buy, if they hadn't already bought them. Threat of legal proceedings will be preventing the rest, so there isn't much point making another statement. Maybe they are having second thoughts on the whole idea.

Maybe they’ve realised the price Blitz wants is ridiculous. 

The team that got releagated from division 1, now championship - 97 I think,  was worse than this. Now that was an awful side. 

Next season will be make or break.  Either we’ll have a squad based on season ticket sales and attendances or he’ll pump stupid money in (that he hasn’t got) and get a decent side together.

I just can’t see a summer of recruitment being as atrocious as last year. 

Just now, Clubfootkilkenny said:

The team that got releagated from division 1, now championship - 97 I think,  was worse than this. Now that was an awful side.

Not having that. Duxbury was in it for a start. Andy Hughes, Matty Rush, Shaun Garnett. Even Stitch on his last legs would breeze into this side.

We had worst teams around the turn of the century that somehow Stitch etc got a tune out of.

8 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Not having that. Duxbury was in it for a start. Andy Hughes, Matty Rush, Shaun Garnett. Even Stitch on his last legs would breeze into this side.

We had worst teams around the turn of the century that somehow Stitch etc got a tune out of.

Fair point! Was duxbury as good as good as people on here like to think? Also think rush flattered to deceive but take your point about the rest.

57 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

47 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Fair point! Was duxbury as good as good as people on here like to think? Also think rush flattered to deceive but take your point about the rest.

In fact, that’s too respectful, duxburry was shite. Really don’t know where this comes from that he was this spectacular midfielder. Yes good goal against Wigan that season but that was it. Poor mans   Mark Hughes for me.

2 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

In fact, that’s too respectful, duxburry was shite. Really don’t know where this comes from that he was this spectacular midfielder. Yes good goal against Wigan that season but that was it. Poor mans   Mark Hughes for me.

Oh dear :petesake:

5 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Fucking hell you don't half talk shit mate.

Archived