#ReclaimTheFaith

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

ouch.....and not unexpected. I wanted to get stuff like surveys done before I left the Trust but never got around to it.

You should never be afraid to do stuff like this even when negative, as it can help you analyse and make changes to do things better.

There is lots of good stuff the Trust has done,  but again the downfall is that the Trust don;t actively sing form the roof tops when they have, or be screaming out when they are not happy either....like 10 months of arm wrestling with the club to get the accounts for 2017/18 up to a certain level, never mind going on record to the EFL we were not happy as a shareholder either.

I need to take this on the chin too, as several times I had to step in to chair meeting during the last 12 months, so maybe a lack of consistent, pro-active leader has been part of the crisis it is currently in.

Thanks for doing this PTB

Hoping the Trust will take the feedback on board 

Could someone from the Trust tell us what they are doing or have done that is good, because to the average fan it isn't obvious what the Trust actually do.

This isn't a dig but it would be nice to change the narrative that surrounds the Trust here?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Could someone from the Trust tell us what they are doing or have done that is good, because to the average fan it isn't obvious what the Trust actually do.

This isn't a dig but it would be nice to change the narrative that surrounds the Trust here?

Well, there are a handful who think they are doing a very good job and are very good at communicating.

This survey was carried out before the recent attempts to change. It must be a kick in the teeth for the directors who give their time up to run things, only to be told they are not appreciated at all. I hope they really try to not take it personally and change things for the better, which they seem to be starting to do.

49 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Well, there are a handful who think they are doing a very good job and are very good at communicating.

This survey was carried out before the recent attempts to change. It must be a kick in the teeth for the directors who give their time up to run things, only to be told they are not appreciated at all. I hope they really try to not take it personally and change things for the better, which they seem to be starting to do.

Is there any major distinction in results between those surveyed who are members of the Trust and those who aren't? 

I don't think many of the respondents would doubt that the Trustees do give up their time freely to try and make improvements but I for one feel that they have been badly let down by a member of the Trust Board - sadly a reasonably common occurrence throughout the Trust's history   

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I am conscious that this in the PTB thread and should not be hijacked.

I have done a handover review to acting chair, ready for the AGM. The chair does a review of the year and I made monthly notes on stuff as we went along.....Well its hard to sometimes remember. Some highlights for me off the top of my head

1) 2017/18 accounts -  u-turn by the club and re-publishing of the accounts. This was after a scathing response in the public domain by the club in December and was not not complimentary about the knowledge of Trust personnel. This is massive...honest Trust stuck to its guns as per the FRS 102 section 1A guidance.

2) EFL fan meetings - Two per seasons. Trust pushed for the October one to be done

3) EFL meeting - Request a meeting via the FSA to highlight our ongoing concerns as a shareholder. We are on the Radar

4) FSA review - Trust asked FSA to review the Trust shareholding entitlement in light of Bury, and to see that we were asking the right questions via the Trust (part of the Trust Rep job spec).

5) Ernie Cooksey Memorial Trophy - Pre-season game with Rochdale.

6) Joe Royle SLA - Met with the OEC team to discuss the SLA for start of the season to get an understanding of what the potential issues were. Club failed to respond to the same request for us to meet the club, to hear their point of view, and how we could have mediated.

7) Shareholder register - Got the Club to update and acknowledge the 3rd shareholder, who it is and to register it correctly at Companies house. This was done within 24 hours of our complaint letter with a request to see the register of shareholders.

8 ) 2018/19 accounts - formal request that Trust as Shareholders to have access to FULL accounts before they were submitted to CH this week (Previous years seemed to have been submitted with our request not acknowledged)

AGM is proposed at the end of July (I think), I believe they are looking at it being done via Zoom with members voting on personell etc,

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

TBH, it's not un-expected and should be looked at constructively with a view that this is what fans/members think.

Change is good, it can be used to kick on from. It can be changed to a positive.....the only way is up as Yazz and the plastic population song goes....well I can only hope.

29 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Is there any major distinction in results between those surveyed who are members of the Trust and those who aren't? 

I don't think many of the respondents would doubt that the Trustees do give up their time freely to try and make improvements but I for one feel that they have been badly let down by a member of the Trust Board - sadly a reasonably common occurrence throughout the Trust's history   

Interesting thought.

I remember Andy B,  saying that maybe we should look at recruitment of key roles differently. Rather than it being a Fan first.......you recruit the right person for the right job. That maybe we should look at these roles and recruit like most companies do, have a job spec, advertise, interview, probationary period, yearly appraisal of the roles.....that maybe these roles are done by people with the experience and skills set first. I am starting to come around to this train of thought.

Anyways I have kidnappped this thread.....Trust have put out an SOS for staff, I would urge anyone who wants to find out more to register an interest before the AGM at the end of July. More hands the better

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm glad underdog has done the brief summary, and credit where credit is due.
But I  hope this appeal for positivity is not conducted along the same lines  as some of the recent bios of the newly parachuted in Directors.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Interesting thought.

I remember Andy B,  saying that maybe we should look at recruitment of key roles differently. Rather than it being a Fan first.......you recruit the right person for the right job. That maybe we should look at these roles and recruit like most companies do, have a job spec, advertise, interview, probationary period, yearly appraisal of the roles.....that maybe these roles are done by people with the experience and skills set first. I am starting to come around to this train of thought.

Anyways I have kidnappped this thread.....Trust have put out an SOS for staff, I would urge anyone who wants to find out more to register an interest before the AGM at the end of July. More hands the better

It’s for general discussion for the supporters groups. Feel free! 

Although I`m not on the sites, a friend tells me that the usual suspects are crowing away on social media about how the FLG and PTB have "had their day" and are on the wane as a result of the settling of debt, no threat of Administration and the "takeover" of The Trust. Regarding the final point, presumably they mean that The Trust's directors/membership now comprises far more of the regime's sycophants. IF that's the case, then it's a waste of time The Trust even existing. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

We wanted to give you an update on where we are as a group and where our focus currently is. Thanks for your continued support and please let us know if there is anything you’d like us to address. Please read our thoughts here #oafc

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/ptb-update-24-07-2020

Small point but the article mentions GMP charges being dropped rather than an initial investigation not being progressed.

Keep up the good work 👏.

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

We wanted to give you an update on where we are as a group and where our focus currently is. Thanks for your continued support and please let us know if there is anything you’d like us to address. Please read our thoughts here #oafc

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/ptb-update-24-07-2020

There are so many alarm bells its scary. OAFC will be in administration before xmas

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Small point but the article mentions GMP charges being dropped rather than an initial investigation not being progressed.

Keep up the good work 👏.

Good point. We have since reworded the update following this being mentioned. Thank you for the response and the input 👍

Regarding the section about an offer for the club, I can’t understand why any offer isn’t being instantly accepted. 

If I ran a loss making business with no assets that required loads of my own money pumping in each month to keep it going and someone wanted to pay me for it I’d bite their hand off. 

Unless I’m missing something there must be zero chance of AL getting much/any of his money back as it stands?

21 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

In terms of your request for ideas on where to go from here. People need to do what they should have been doing for at least the last 12 months. Do not put another penny into the club.
If anyone has bought a season ticket / new kit or anything else then they are contributing to the demise of our club.

If that’s not working then further action is required in terms of another visible protest or similar. And seeing as though even more people seem to be realising Abdallah and co have to go, hopefully there will be even more people attending this time. 

33 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Not sure that we are a ‘laughing stock’ in the footballing community. We have been way beyond that for some time now. The overriding response I get from my friends and colleagues who are football people is one of pity. 

Looking forward to the week ahead...

11 hours ago, adamoafc said:

For me, it's obvious to a blind man with a stick that "the fans" don't really matter at all. I cannot believe how some still support this toxic regime. All out boycott is the only answer. 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm surprised that anyone would describe the events as surprising.  They were entirely predictable.

After any of Newport, Crawley, Mansfield Of course predictable But 6 weeks before the start of the season with only 6 players signed? 

8 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

After any of Newport, Crawley, Mansfield Of course predictable But 6 weeks before the start of the season with only 6 players signed? 

Wasn't much different a couple of years ago.  Let's face it; anything this lot do that is essentially crap causes no surprise to anyone anymore.

What amazes me is how a couple/few "bottom of the barrel" signings (that's what they are) gets some people all expectant again. Someone's even mentioned a "solid spine" already. Could I have some of whatever it is you are smoking please? Nothing so fickle as football fans is there?

52 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

What amazes me is how a couple/few "bottom of the barrel" signings (that's what they are) gets some people all expectant again. Someone's even mentioned a "solid spine" already. Could I have some of whatever it is you are smoking please? Nothing so fickle as football fans is there?

Was thinking the same, imagine we'd have signed this bunch the year we came down. It's got that bad, if sign anyone with English league experience, we class them the class of 92. Sad times.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

That's where I'm coming from @whittles left foot

Archived