#ReclaimTheFaith

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

What amazes me is how a couple/few "bottom of the barrel" signings (that's what they are) gets some people all expectant again. Someone's even mentioned a "solid spine" already. Could I have some of whatever it is you are smoking please? Nothing so fickle as football fans is there?

You do a poor job of pretending you don't care

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes but his every other post is saying he's done and had enough. If he was that done he'd stop harping on with the same post constantly.

None of us are ever really done are we? I saw one game last season but I still care. 

9 hours ago, wiseowl said:

What amazes me is how a couple/few "bottom of the barrel" signings (that's what they are) gets some people all expectant again. Someone's even mentioned a "solid spine" already. Could I have some of whatever it is you are smoking please? Nothing so fickle as football fans is there?

I hope your spine comment isn't aimed at me, as Im the one that used the word spine.

I didn't say it was solid (we've no midfield for a start) and I'm very  far from expectant. I perhaps should have said core team. 

All I said was tgere is a chance we could get top half, wow. Woopie do 

I also said I wasn't ecstatic about Jobati but at least some  logic and not French 267th division. Pidge is decent enough. CBJ I said I've no idea why anyone is getting excited by him, very underwhelmed. 

The players we have so far, shouldn't be flirting with relegation, but because the owner is an absolute bell, and a dubious managerial appointment, there is a huge danger we might. 

The same owner that thinks long term stability is giving the manager a one year deal. 

I'd say our views are pretty similar. 

Cant see how that, and everything else I've said for a couple of years, makes me a happy clapper. 

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You do a poor job of pretending you don't care

59 minutes ago, singe said:

I hope your spine comment isn't aimed at me, as Im the one that used the word spine.

Fluffy my old online adversary, you know I care - I just detest what this regime has done to our club and its fans (who are now polarised with v little middle ground). I`ve always maintained I won't set foot inside BP again until they are gone (even if we win 10 on the bounce) and I won't go to Wembley if we get there either. 

Singe - I`ve no idea who said what tbh - I don't pay particular attention to individuals' comments and nothing is ever personal. If it was you and you are offended, I`ll gladly apologise for any offence caused.

19 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Fluffy my old online adversary, you know I care - I just detest what this regime has done to our club and its fans (who are now polarised with v little middle ground). I`ve always maintained I won't set foot inside BP again until they are gone (even if we win 10 on the bounce) and I won't go to Wembley if we get there either. 

Singe - I`ve no idea who said what tbh - I don't pay particular attention to individuals' comments and nothing is ever personal. If it was you and you are offended, I`ll gladly apologise for any offence caused.

I'm definitely not offended!
I do agree with your point that some are getting very giddy over these signings, which is crazy, I doubt Kewell has even met them.
Kewell probably doesn't even start till 1st September....!

I feel we should welcome back the happy clappers.

its clear from contributors on here that they plan to ‘not step foot in Boundary Park’ until these owners have gone but are moved to criticise every signing, decision etc. bringing the rest of us down. 

Given where we are the signings so far are ok/decent.

Don’t let this club die due to apathy (or anger) everybody, can’t see the Lems going anywhere soon but this is only temporary.

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I feel we should welcome back the happy clappers.

its clear from contributors on here that they plan to ‘not step foot in Boundary Park’ until these owners have gone but are moved to criticise every signing, decision etc. bringing the rest of us down. 

Don’t let this club die due to apathy (or anger) everybody, can’t see the Lems going anywhere soon but this is only temporary.

Happy Clappers who criticise every signing isnt that abit of an oxymoron?

Oh and loyalty to the owners is not going to solve the current problems.

Hope the 3 signings work out for us 

Cant help but think, when 2 of the 3 signings couldnt prevent us from finishing in our lowest league position since the late  1960s, how are they going to make us  a team that can seriously challenge for promotion

Maybe without them last season it could have been even worse a guess 🤔

Oh, non embroidered club badges on the anniversary kits is just wrong 

7 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Simon Stainrod would have looked like Pele/Messi and Maradona rolled into one amongst the absolute shower of shite we currently possess. That's how far we have plummeted. Some of us think that by supporting the current regime, you are effectively sanctioning the slow, lingering death of the club we all love. Just think for a minute - IF every Latics fan had boycotted from, say, the middle of last season, he would have been forced to sell. 

Yes, I know it won't happen but you have to use the extreme analogy to illustrate the point. Those drip feeding him money are giving him encouragement (and deluded belief that all is well - in his and his acolytes eyes).

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Simon Stainrod would have looked like Pele/Messi and Maradona rolled into one amongst the absolute shower of shite we currently possess. That's how far we have plummeted. Some of us think that by supporting the current regime, you are effectively sanctioning the slow, lingering death of the club we all love. Just think for a minute - IF every Latics fan had boycotted from, say, the middle of last season, he would have been forced to sell. 

Yes, I know it won't happen but you have to use the extreme analogy to illustrate the point. Those drip feeding him money are giving him encouragement (and deluded belief that all is well - in his and his acolytes eyes).

Poor analogy. Stainrod was better than those 3, no doubt. 

Those drip feeding him money are giving him encouragement (and deluded belief that all is well - in his and his acolytes eyes).

I know we are never going to agree on this but as long as you keep posting stuff like this then it needs a response. Some of us believe that the survival of the club is more important than a vendetta against whoever is in charge at the moment. 

The club continues no matter who owns it is more important, at least our way gives the club a chance to survive against your choice of destruction and just a hope that someone will rescue it. Bury should point you in the right direction despite it's financial issues being different to Latics. Wigan still don't have a buyer after the chosen option failed to give evidence of funds. Charlton under investigation, Newcastle sale kiboshed  because buyers not considered suitable.

The precedents are out there IF you choose to see them and they are not good. All this was before Covid 19 struck-do you think this has made football club ownership financially better or easier?

Just think for a minute - IF every Latics fan had boycotted from, say, the middle of last season, he would have been forced to sell. 

This has as much credibility as your much repeated assertion that the Salford City gate was artificially inflated. Zero evidence, just your opinion.

You always conflate going to games with supporting the owner. A lot still go just to watch their team. That’s it. To suggest by going to games they are deluded to what is going on is patronising. Maybe they just aren’t interested in the politics and want to get out of the house for a while? 

I hardly go anymore because the football is largely dire, with largely piss poor players. And while I can’t stand how AL runs it, if we started winning and we had a few decent players to watch I’d start going  again. 

58 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Some of us believe that the survival of the club is more important than a vendetta against whoever is in charge at the moment. 

I don’t buy this idea of if AL isn’t there the club will fold as who would want to buy a football club. Which is how your comments read unless I am mistaken. There has been an offer made for the club and rejected as we have published and other interest reported. I don’t think supporters asking for the club to be run properly (bills and wages paid on time, staff treated with respect and fans treated correctly and kept up to date) is something to criticise or argue about, with the only response from any opposition being ‘at least we have a club’ which is a poor response. It doesn’t wash with me. 
Leeds

Leyton Orient

Notts County 

Tranmere

Port Vale

Salford

All are in a better place for new ownership. Ask their supporters if they think we should just settle for how things are now. I can assure you their answer would not be the same as yours. 

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I don’t buy this idea of if AL isn’t there the club will fold as who would want to buy a football club. Which is how your comments read unless I am mistaken. There has been an offer made for the club and rejected as we have published and other interest reported. I don’t think supporters asking for the club to be run properly (bills and wages paid on time, staff treated with respect and fans treated correctly and kept up to date) is something to criticise or argue about, with the only response from any opposition being ‘at least we have a club’ which is a poor response. It doesn’t wash with me. 
Leeds

Leyton Orient

Notts County 

Tranmere

Port Vale

Salford

All are in a better place for new ownership. Ask their supporters if they think we should just settle for how things are now. I can assure you their answer would not be the same as yours. 

I agree they’ll be always be takers, but that is usually at a depressed price or the said club is in admin. That isn’t the case with us. The club isn’t for sale on the cheap nor are we admin.  So the question isn’t who would buy a football club, it’s who is willing to pay what AL wants for what AL owns. I would argue next to no one, because no one will cover his stupidity in paying for a badge with no assets. That’s also the reason IMO why he won’t take a hit and just go, because he knows he massively over paid for next to nothing and selling on the cheap would be admitting that. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree they’ll be always be takers, but that is usually at a depressed price or the said club is in admin. That isn’t the case with us. The club isn’t for sale on the cheap nor are we admin.  So the question isn’t who would buy a football club, it’s who is willing to pay what AL wants for what AL owns. I would argue next to no one, because no one will cover his stupidity in paying for a badge with no assets. That’s also the reason IMO why he won’t take a hit and just go, because he knows he massively over paid for next to nothing and selling on the cheap would be admitting that. 

sorry to say but I am pretty sure The owner does not own the badge we have been using since 2011, Eden creative do. He owns the club in name only.

Alledgedly, bought the club for £1 and had a deal with Corney...I think reported at £3 mill

8 minutes ago, underdog said:

sorry to say but I am pretty sure The owner does not own the badge we have been using since 2011, Eden creative do. He owns the club in name only.

Alledgedly, bought the club for £1 and had a deal with Corney...I think reported at £3 mill

Bloody hell underdog. . talk about pedantic. 😉

I know- I was using the badge figuratively. As in, he paid Corney to own the team and nothing else. 

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Ask their supporters if they think we should just settle for how things are now. I can assure you their answer would not be the same as yours. 

Well of course they wouldn't knowing where they are now, and there is the rub we don't know where or what we may end up with. Bury and Wigan fans would disagree with you.

I will concede that if we could end up in a Port Vale scenario it would be heaven compared to what we have now. I just don't buy how you think we are an attractive proposition given our complicated ownership and that there are genuine buyers out there.

It doesn't matter whether it washes with you or me, we are stuck with what we have for now.

Of course there is still the mythical bid from FLG, does your bid news have more credibility than this? I will take a guess and say you don't know.

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Of course there is still the mythical bid from FLG, does your bid news have more credibility than this? I will take a guess and say you don't know.

It is a very credible source we are led to believe. The amount the club is up for has to be realistic for anyone looking to purchase the club considering the only thing anyone will be buying off AL is a name and players. 
People will always have interest in a club like Oldham, the main thing we have is our history of being a premier league club. Granted it’s along time since this but still makes us stand compared to the majority of L2. 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Bloody hell underdog. . talk about pedantic. 😉

I know- I was using the badge figuratively. As in, he paid Corney to own the team and nothing else. 

Not really pedantic, it was about whether they could use the badge on anniversary shirts 

13 hours ago, League one forever said:

I agree they’ll be always be takers, but that is usually at a depressed price or the said club is in admin. That isn’t the case with us.

Which is essentially what I was alluding to by saying that those that continue to drip feed their money are contributing to a slow, painful death NOT keeping us alive for the long term The longer this goes on, the more damage will be done and the less attractive a buy we become (in my opinion - I accept there are others). IF we had all boycotted, the price would have been lowered or we would have had a new buyer out of administration (in my opinion). Looking back, I pinpoint the Trust absolutely bottling it when they were initially supporting a protest for that televised game, as the turning point. If the Trust had fully backed the growing rebellion amongst fans then, it would have gained momentum. In the end, the fans just become splintered - the Trust continued being its dithering, ineffective self, PTB was born out of necessity and we are now where we are. It's not a good place is it?

Archived