#ReclaimTheFaith

42 minutes ago, PushTheBoundary said:

The day is finally here and thanks for being patient. Sorry for all the cryptic messages over the last few weeks but we needed to build up some interest while we got things moving behind the scenes. Please check out our website at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk where you can read our statement to you, the fans, find out who we are, our objectives as well as lots more. The 4 of us will be at The White Hart from 12 on Saturday if you want to meet us for a chat etc.

There is much more to follow...

In the main that is a good Mission Statement - however a couple of comments:

The statement is missing the word ‘is’ in the sentence:

‘We exist to communicate our dissatisfaction with and raise awareness of the precarious state of our football club and the manner in which it is being run by the current regime.’

Not sure that I would want to be part of a group that contains the words (highlighted in bold below):

‘We are free to express our views as we see fit and to take whatever steps we choose to affect change.’

Who would choose the steps that the group takes? How far would you go? It would be sad if the group ends up being yet another divisive element amongst the fan base.

I look forward to what follows. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

‘We exist to communicate our dissatisfaction with and raise awareness of the precarious state of our football club and the manner in which it is being run by the current regime.’

Not sure that I would want to be part of a group that contains the words (highlighted in bold below):

‘We are free to express our views as we see fit and to take whatever steps we choose to affect change.’

Who would choose the steps that the group takes? How far would you go? It would be sad if the group ends up being yet another divisive element amongst the fan base.

We've stated numerous times and in numerous places that it will be peaceful and non-violent so the steps taken would be within reason.

23 minutes ago, PushTheBoundary said:

We've stated numerous times and in numerous places that it will be peaceful and non-violent so the steps taken would be within reason.

That is good to hear. Maybe reflect that in the Mission Statement?

For example ‘ take whatever steps we choose as part of a peaceful protest’.

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Cheers!

Agree with this.

Think PTB is a great idea and your mission statement seems solid. However, considering the current state of affairs surrounding the club and other groups is so cryptic, transparency and clarity is going to be your trump card - even if you feel you have repeated the same thing over and over again.

KTF.

It's decent and sensible but given all the issues over transparency odd that the four aren't breaking cover?   Much though I understand the wish not tobe named given the flak that always goes the way of anyone who puts their hand up.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

It's decent and sensible but given all the issues over transparency odd that the four aren't breaking cover?   Much though I understand the wish not tobe named given the flak that always goes the way of anyone who puts their hand up.

The four have broken cover Dave - named on here somewhere 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I'm more concerned that they used, "affect," when it should be, "effect." Other than that it looks good.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Cheers!

1 hour ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Agree with this.

Think PTB is a great idea and your mission statement seems solid. However, considering the current state of affairs surrounding the club and other groups is so cryptic, transparency and clarity is going to be your trump card - even if you feel you have repeated the same thing over and over again.

KTF.

I agree with both of you about peacveful, and clarity.

I supect there is a huge amount of wrk going on behind the scenes, which I  respct enormously.

AS it is starting with a letter, adn that has been done to death, I am going to hold back supporting till I know what the protest v Orient involves.

I suspect Iwill add my support, but at the moment I'm just wary that it is more of the same.
Good article here, and being honest gives a lot more info than the website and some of that should be on the webste IMHO.

I really hope this takes off.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2019/10/31/1001941-reclaiming-the-faith-an-interview-with-push-the-boundary.html

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I agree with both of you about peacveful, and clarity.

I supect there is a huge amount of wrk going on behind the scenes, which I  respct enormously.

AS it is starting with a letter, adn that has been done to death, I am going to hold back supporting till I know what the protest v Orient involves.

I suspect Iwill add my support, but at the moment I'm just wary that it is more of the same.
Good article here, and being honest gives a lot more info than the website and some of that should be on the webste IMHO.

I really hope this takes off.

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2019/10/31/1001941-reclaiming-the-faith-an-interview-with-push-the-boundary.html

Singe - any protest will be peaceful as the group have stated.

I think the choice of Leyton Orient  is critical in that the O's Trust are one that have effectively managed to succeed in engineering change for the better and they are very proactive in assisting other clubs with similar issues to those that Orient faced.

I would certainly like to hear other views of how they have effected (*Leeslover) change - I think apathy is the major issue at BP and fans are now conditioned to believing we are stuck with whatever rubbish we get fed from the owners/ leaders as we will put up with whatever because we love the club. I assume Orient had this issue but somehow managed to overcome it - will be interesting to see how it all pans out          

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Hi Dave, please see the link re who we are http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/push-the-boundary . We are meeting up at the White Hart from 12 on Saturday, should anyone want to discuss anything with us. The next few homes games we will be going to different pubs before games to speak with supporters and to get their views. Good bad or indifferent. Can assure you we have no hidden agendas 👍

16 minutes ago, PushTheBoundary said:

It was always there, just not the clearest. We may make some slight changes after taking on feedback though.

Excellent.

Just seen the planned protest and can see more clearly what you are dooing. I won't be able to join th protest, but moral support fortcoming now.

'Hard to comment either way really right now.  Its just words.  

What is the thinking behind sitting on a letter until the 6th? If its done... send it.  I presume it will be published on your website too?

edit.  I see its published. I'll have a read.

read it... Jekyll and Hyde springs to mind.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Hard to comment either way really right now.  Its just words.  

What is the thinking behind sitting on a letter until the 6th? If its done... send it.  I presume it will be published on your website too?

It is published on the website.

The time gives people to sign up to support it, it has more weight the more people back it.

2 minutes ago, PushTheBoundary said:

It is published on the website.

The time gives people to sign up to support it, it has more weight the more people back it.

I know.  I edited 2 mins before your response.

Will you be publishing the letter with all signatories so we can see the weight of support?

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Hi Dave, please see the link re who we are http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/push-the-boundary . We are meeting up at the White Hart from 12 on Saturday, should anyone want to discuss anything with us. The next few homes games we will be going to different pubs before games to speak with supporters and to get their views. Good bad or indifferent. Can assure you we have no hidden agendas 👍

Thanks, missed that. I'm a rare visitor having lived 200 miles or more away for almost 40 years but the heart's still there. Good luck. 

Archived