Abdallah or FLG

Abdallah or FLG  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Abdallah or FLG

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus christ. Some of you lot would choose to stay in a burning house rather than jump into a firefighter's arms.

"Well I don't know him from Adam. Has he been trained? Did he have a bad night's sleep last night? Is he in a grump? Fuck it, my roof hasn't caved in yet, I'm safer in here. Maybe the fire will go out by itself..."

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Jesus christ. Some of you lot would choose to stay in a burning house rather than jump into a firefighter's arms.

"Well I don't know him from Adam. Has he been trained? Did he have a bad night's sleep last night? Is he in a grump? Fuck it, my roof hasn't caved in yet, I'm safer in here. Maybe the fire will go out by itself..."

Crap analogy.

8 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

shit analogy 

really shit.

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

No, it's a bit like saying we're in a burning house and can go in the house next door. Is that on fire as well? Could well be ye, nobody knows, might not even be as structurally sound as the house we're in.

Why the need for secrecy though? If they're fans and feel they can do good by owning the FLG, part of the club, all the club or whatever, why hide?

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No, it's a bit like saying we're in a burning house and can go in the house next door. Is that on fire as well? Could well be ye, nobody knows, might not even be as structurally sound as the house we're in.

Why the need for secrecy though? If they're fans and feel they can do good by owning the FLG, part of the club, all the club or whatever, why hide?

We don't know. One assumes there is a reason. Do you really think they can do worse than what this gang of incompetents is leading us towards? 

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't know alot about the FLG and probably won't do for abit but Id still take my chances on them. Its just so bad at the moment.

sounds familiar... remember the same being said about two years ago...

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We don't know. One assumes there is a reason. Do you really think they can do worse than what this gang of incompetents is leading us towards? 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't know alot about the FLG and probably won't do for abit but Id still take my chances on them. Its just so bad at the moment.

Nobody knows. That was what people said when Corney was in charge. You think people would have longer memories and want to know what this group were all about and how they plan on doing it

It is difficult to see how anyone could do worse. Marco failed to find out what he was buying and Marco & Mo have failed to learn from their many mistakes.  I believe owning an English football club is somehow important to them but staying in the football league less important than admitting they have to change. They will blame the coach and sack him. They will get a new coach blame him and sack him. They will......

Just now, singe said:

Alexa, define whataboutism!

Good idea, as you don’t know what it is.

My comment isn’t whataboutery, it’s an example of being careful what you wish for and going into a new situation with your eyes open to the full facts. 

5 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m gonna boycott this vote. Just wanted everyone to know I’m boycotting it first. I’m going to make a brew. Then I’ll need to pop to the shop... am I doing it right ? 

If we start winning will u vote?  Is this a real boycott?

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ever heard of Stuart Day and Steve Dale? Ken Davies? 

Surely saying that is only the equivalent as describing the FLG as being white knights in shining armour. No proof of either.

Neither Day or Dale were Bury fans, Ken Anderson (assuming thats who you mean) wasn't a Bolton fan. Infact Ken Anderson was a former football agent who treated his staff like shit who does that sound like?

The longer the FLG remain faceless and give 0 communication the more I prefer AL. They have disappeared of the face off the earth, what happend to the purchases? What happend to fan shares?  All they give us is sniping and letters, its childish.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Surely saying that is only the equivalent as describing the FLG as being white knights in shining armour. No proof of either.

Neither Day or Dale were Bury fans, Ken Anderson (assuming thats who you mean) wasn't a Bolton fan. Infact Ken Anderson was a former football agent who treated his staff like shit who does that sound like?

Didn't Ken Anderson come into Bolton alongside Dean Holdsworth though? This is my issue with the FLG. We know of two or three fans. Who is behind them wishing to remain anonymous? And if they are also fans, why the anonymity? Surely they would get more serious backing from regular supporters if they made themselves known. It just seems that a lot of fans demand transparency from the current owner but won't question the lack of it from the FLG.

14 minutes ago, dkay570 said:

Didn't Ken Anderson come into Bolton alongside Dean Holdsworth though? This is my issue with the FLG. We know of two or three fans. Who is behind them wishing to remain anonymous? And if they are also fans, why the anonymity? Surely they would get more serious backing from regular supporters if they made themselves known. It just seems that a lot of fans demand transparency from the current owner but won't question the lack of it from the FLG.

Spot on. 

24 minutes ago, dkay570 said:

Its fair enough to ask for more transparency with the FLG certainly if they want fans backing.

You have to remember AL owns the club the FLG don't own anything yet. So its not wrong to expect more transparency from the current owner of the club than a group waiting in the wings. If the FLG bought the club then I would expect alot more transparency.

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its fair enough to ask for more transparency with the FLG certainly if they want fans backing.

You have to remember AL owns the club the FLG don't own anything yet. So its not wrong to expect more transparency from the current owner of the club than a group waiting in the wings. If the FLG bought the club then I would expect alot more transparency.

Transparency should be expected now though. We've accepted cloak and dagger ownership for too long. Be it the finances, the decimation of assets or the murky dealings that resulted in an hmrc raid. The anonymity serves no purpose when the fanbase is suspicious of the motivation of any potential owners.

The club is as embarrassing off the pitch as it is on it. The FLG have a good chance to get the fans on side but they need to show their faces so we can all get behind them and stop this petty tit for tat behaviour.

20 minutes ago, dkay570 said:

Transparency should be expected now though. We've accepted cloak and dagger ownership for too long. Be it the finances, the decimation of assets or the murky dealings that resulted in an hmrc raid. The anonymity serves no purpose when the fanbase is suspicious of the motivation of any potential owners.

The club is as embarrassing off the pitch as it is on it. The FLG have a good chance to get the fans on side but they need to show their faces so we can get behind them and stop this petty tit for tat behaviour.

Agreed.

But dont forget they did have an open forum where people could go and ask questions. Perhaps another one might be an idea.

Archived