Abdallah or FLG

Abdallah or FLG  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Abdallah or FLG

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Good idea, as you don’t know what it is.

My comment isn’t whataboutery, it’s an example of being careful what you wish for and going into a new situation with your eyes open to the full facts. 

Alexa find us the perfect owner before we consider getting rid of this one

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Surely saying that is only the equivalent as describing the FLG as being white knights in shining armour. No proof of either.

Neither Day or Dale were Bury fans, Ken Anderson (assuming thats who you mean) wasn't a Bolton fan. Infact Ken Anderson was a former football agent who treated his staff like shit who does that sound like?

Being a Latics fan doesn't mean they'll run the club well. See Barry Owen.

Having said that I know Paul Whitehead, and I take him over what we've got at the moment. We'd still be shit though, and unless we march up the table the 'boycotters' wont come back.

The other two, I've absolutely no idea.

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its fair enough to ask for more transparency with the FLG certainly if they want fans backing.

You have to remember AL owns the club the FLG don't own anything yet. So its not wrong to expect more transparency from the current owner of the club than a group waiting in the wings. If the FLG bought the club then I would expect alot more transparency.

But by then it's too late......

Id love for somebody to buy the club from AL, i honestly couldnt say id prefer the FLG because although i understand a couple of them are fans i dont know who else is involved and if they have the funds to sustain a club that hemorrhages money..

We get crowds just over 3400 on average and at least 2000 have already fully paid up through purchasing season tickets, that money would have been spent before the season started..

We’d all love a new mega rich owner where money to him isnt an issue and he just loves the game of football but realistically that is never going to happen, the club is now in line sadly with the rest of the town..its tired, suffering and needs more than ever an injection of cash from somewhere..

so we've got 4 votes for our current owner, who most folk don't like for a number of reasons, particularly for our poor team performances

and 36 votes for the FLG, an organisation who have yet to announce their mystery backers to raise £7m to buy our stadium and only last week announced they are in the process of purchasing some mystery shares off a mystery owner of them

just daft !!

18 minutes ago, tGWB said:

so we've got 4 votes for our current owner, who most folk don't like for a number of reasons, particularly for our poor team performances

and 36 votes for the FLG, an organisation who have yet to announce their mystery backers to raise £7m to buy our stadium and only last week announced they are in the process of purchasing some mystery shares off a mystery owner of them

just daft !!

I can’t be arsed voting.  Until one or the other drops the smoke, mirrors and wankfest tit for tat, they can both do one.  Bored now.  

If the FLG want to make change then buy the other out.  However don’t moan when the fans are on your back because your choice of manager/players achieve fuck all.

At present the FLG have nothing to gain by being completely open about everything; they are not asking for support yet as there is nothing to support.  I assume they believe there is something to lose by coming out in the open.

22 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

How can we judge the FLG when we know very little about them?

Completely agree.  For me to support the FLG they need to go about things the right way.  That's as much the way they purchase the club from AL as much as it is the plans they have for taking the club forward in the future.  The standards that the FLG have to set can't just be better than Corney, Blitz/Gazal and AL, they have to be WAY better.

19 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Think at the moment the FLG are as bad as AL 

Completely disagree.  FLG might send us down a bad path either through dishonesty or incompetence, but AL is definitely sending us down a bad path (definitely through incompetence but probably through dishonesty too) and has shown no sign of turning things around as of yet.  FLG have to do things the right way for me to properly trust them, but gun to my head I'd take a gamble at this stage instead of trusting AL.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

At present the FLG have nothing to gain by being completely open about everything; they are not asking for support yet as there is nothing to support.  I assume they believe there is something to lose by coming out in the open.

The FLG lifted expectations at their introductory meeting with their announcement regarding their intentions to raise £7m to buy the stadium and car park.

They also confirmed that housing was to be built behind the Jimmy Frizzell stand and on ‘Little Wembley’

Additionally they advised of their mid-long term plans for a Hotel complex between the Joe Royle stand and Jimmy Frizzell stand.

They announced only last week that they are in the process of buying some

‘A shares’ in our club.

Paul Whitehead, Simon Brooke and Simon Wood, the only known members of the FLG are most certainly not funding all this (in my opinion) yet everyone seems relatively calm regarding their intentions, because they’re fans.

The Trust have a meeting this week were I sincerely hope that afterwards they make a statement regarding the shares that the FLG are in the process of purchasing and how it could affect the 3% shareholding the Trust hold, if indeed it is actually 3% 

Given we know who 3 of them are, some should be able to analyse their suitability when it comes to being involved in the club. 

They are all local businessmen so should be known to some. How do they run their businesses? How successful are they? How many employment tribunals have they been involved in recently?

Personally I know nothing about them other than Simon Brooke’s comments about football governance on the podcast, which I thought were excellent. Can anyone else shed any light on them as people/employers/businessmen?

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Given we know who 3 of them are, some should be able to analyse their suitability when it comes to being involved in the club. 

They are all local businessmen so should be known to some. How do they run their businesses? How successful are they? How many employment tribunals have they been involved in recently?

Personally I know nothing about them other than Simon Brooke’s comments about football governance on the podcast, which I thought were excellent. Can anyone else shed any light on them as people/employers/businessmen?

Have the FLG made the buying of shares available to everyone, if so where is the link?

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

just daft !!

Better the 👿 you don’t know?

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

just daft !!

If there was an option to vote for ‘Neither’ then I think that option would have more than 36 votes I reckon...

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If there was an option to vote for ‘Neither’ then I think that option would have more than 36 votes I reckon...

Feels like that 👏

We should get Singe to add the option to his poll 😂

I don’t know about either of them. As soon as I hear ‘Fan led group’ I think it’s brilliant but wasn’t one of the FLG involved with/business partners with Corney, Blitz and Gazal up until a couple of years ago and are people fine with this?

That is a genuine question and the connection between those three and the FLG is something I would like to know more about. The stuff the FLG proposed sounds brilliant and seeing clubs like Lincoln’s fans bar absolutely rammed on a cold Tuesday night or that setup at Mansfield yesterday makes it clear just how poor our fans’ facilities are.

Personally, and it saddens me, I feel that our club is going to experience a slow and sad demise if events of late are anything to go by. Watching that yesterday (before the sendings off) I was thinking, ‘If this was my dog, I’d have done the humane thing by now’. We were so poor.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, Dave_Og said:

We don't know. One assumes there is a reason. Do you really think they can do worse than what this gang of incompetents is leading us towards? 

Possibly. If they haven't got £7m between them without having to raise it, how can they run the club? I think they admitted this themselves to someone on here ages ago. 

6 hours ago, tGWB said:

The Trust have a meeting this week were I sincerely hope that afterwards they make a statement regarding the shares that the FLG are in the process of purchasing and how it could affect the 3% shareholding the Trust hold, if indeed it is actually 3% 

It will have no effect at all. How could it? 

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Have the FLG made the buying of shares available to everyone, if so where is the link?

No. Why would they? 

If they have bought some shares it will have cost beans.. No need to seek funding for that. 

Archived