Abdallah or FLG

Abdallah or FLG  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Abdallah or FLG

8 hours ago, LittlePhilHill said:

I don’t know about either of them. As soon as I hear ‘Fan led group’ I think it’s brilliant but wasn’t one of the FLG involved with/business partners with Corney, Blitz and Gazal up until a couple of years ago and are people fine with this?

Were they business partners or was the one you refer to just contracted to do something? 

I have no idea 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Were they business partners or was the one you refer to just contracted to do something? 

I have no idea 

wasnt he the owner of Holroy who built the North Stand who then had to sell the company to corney that subsequently went bust ? 

15 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Excellent post. And incredible that after 8hrs not a single poster has replied or commented on it. Its almost as tho we shouldn’t talk about this 🙄

One of the 3 got into financial trouble and had to sell his business to Corney which after Corney lumped further debt on it to get the stand open, he then bumped the company. Business eh 🙄

Singe 

Come on Singe you started this post I’d think to promote the FLG v AL 

This is proper ‘elephant in the room’ stuff and if I’m honest my own main obstacle at this time to supporting the FLG

I have previously suggested clarity on ‘what went wrong’ with the building of the North Stand and subsequent collapse of the main contractor, in a thread I raised ‘titled ‘A plea to the Trust’ 

Having read many of your posts Singe,  you appear to be trusted by many and have good knowledge regarding the financial history of our club. 

You really should at the very least offer your opinion on this if you’re offering up the FLG as a positive alternative to the current owner 

8 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Excellent post. And incredible that after 8hrs not a single poster has replied or commented on it. Its almost as tho we shouldn’t talk about this 🙄

One of the 3 got into financial trouble and had to sell his business to Corney which after Corney lumped further debt on it to get the stand open, he then bumped the company. Business eh 🙄

I am not sure if Simon Corney is on Paul Whitehead's Christmas card list. 

13 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I have no idea 

No, they were all directors at the same company.

Again, I don’t know enough about any of this/them (FLG or AL). FLG intentions seem fair. Just wouldn’t mind clarification about the connection (past or present) between Blitz, Corney, Gazal and the FLG and listening to people’s views about it.

Would prefer BO had nothing to do with the club though.

6 hours ago, tGWB said:

Singe 

This is proper ‘elephant in the room’ stuff and if I’m honest my own main obstacle at this time to supporting the FLG

I have previously suggested clarity on ‘what went wrong’ with the building of the North Stand and subsequent collapse of the main contractor, in a thread I raised ‘titled ‘A plea to the Trust’ 

Having read many of your posts Singe,  you appear to be trusted by many and have good knowledge regarding the financial history of our club. 

You really should at the very least offer your opinion on this if you’re offering up the FLG as a positive alternative to the current owner 

It is. 

On top of that, Companies house isn't exactly inspiring for any of the three FLG characters we know about either is it... far from it.

Who is Anna Kocerhan by the way?  She was on the Latics Board once and is now a business partner of both Simon Blitz and Simon Wood as a director of OEC and Wood Restaurants.  I only know her name, but know nothing else about her.

53 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It is. 

On top of that, Companies house isn't exactly inspiring for any of the three FLG characters we know about either is it... far from it.

Who is Anna Kocerhan by the way?  She was on the Latics Board once and is now a business partner of both Simon Blitz and Simon Wood as a director of OEC and Wood Restaurants.  I only know her name, but know nothing else about her.

And yet we know a lot more about their business/es that we do Abdallah's.

There are questions about the FLG, inevitably. And let's do that.

But right now, I feel I have more questions for the Lemsagans.

55 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It is. 

Here’s the announcement of her appointment:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2015/april/latics-appoint-anna-kocerhan-to-board-of-directors/

6 minutes ago, singe said:

And yet we know a lot more about their business/es that we do Abdallah's.

There are questions about the FLG, inevitably. And let's do that.

But right now, I feel I have more questions for the Lemsagans.

Sigh.  Again...

Correct... we do... but AL already owns us. 

These guys look like they might want to.  Nothing wrong with trying to scrutinise ahead of the game for a change.  We haven't had that luxury during the last two takeovers have we.

Why can't we do both.  Good luck unravelling businesses located in foreign lands.

28 minutes ago, singe said:

And yet we know a lot more about their business/es that we do Abdallah's.....

....speaking of which, at the Fans Forum last week, Abdallah mentioned he has 'other business interests'. Somewhat surprisingly (as I watched), no-body took the opportunity to ask him what they were.... since all we know about his past, is that he was a former football agent. Surely those business interests he speaks of, do not relate to http://sport2jlt.com/team as that would be a conflict of interest?

7 hours ago, tGWB said:

Singe 

2nd request Singe

You started this thread, you should at least  have the courtesy to respond 

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

2nd request Singe

You started this thread, you should at least  have the courtesy to respond 

No idea why you think that, I did it to find other people's views not mine.

But In a nutshell: I said didn't think that Simon Corney would be on their Christmas card list.I welcome all openness and transparency, I  figured it would be a project company open and close it for the North Stand-common transaction in that field. Of course I'd like to know the details, it was not a secret like AL's businesses, and most recently said we know more of the FLG businesses than that of AL. I get why some FLG things are not public yet, I don't get why much of AL's is not.
So a straight choice, based on track records to date with all the info to hand currently I'm happy the FLG offer a better future.

8 minutes ago, singe said:

No idea why you think that, I did it to find other people's views not mine.

But In a nutshell: I said didn't think that Simon Corney would be on their Christmas card list.I welcome all openness and transparency, I  figured it would be a project company open and close it for the North Stand-common transaction in that field. Of course I'd like to know the details, it was not a secret like AL's businesses, and most recently said we know more of the FLG businesses than that of AL. I get why some FLG things are not public yet, I don't get why much of AL's is not.
So a straight choice, based on track records to date with all the info to hand currently I'm happy the FLG offer a better future.

Appreciate you getting back 

For me, I understand the suspicion surrounding AL but I think this is magnified due to our dreadful team performance and clearly he and the board need to be more open, particularly regarding the clubs finances. 

Fingers crossed that Dino will be able to have a greater involvement in all things playing staff than previous managers

Jurys out on the FLG as the three known members by their own admission dont  have the personal wealth to buy the stadium or the club and thats before considering the monthly funds they’ll need to pay day to day bills

Guess we’ll just have to wait to see who their backers are but until then its just more uncertainty 

Archived