2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

O16luRG.gif

Talk us through this.... 

A poor point badly made I'll admit.  I'll try again.

Azankpo has been better for us this season no question.  I also think he's been more suited to playing up front on his own than Wilson, who I think will thrive in a front two.  So I'd give Wilson the best chance possible to kickstart his time here.  It would be a lot better if he had a better player to play off but Vera's the best we've got at that role.

We need as many options in form as possible up front and I feel it's a good opportunity to give Wilson a confidence boost that will get him firing.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Always better to only give people 2 lines of shit to read than several paragraphs. 

😄

This is a place where you can post as much Latics-related shit as you want and I'm going to take full advantage of that.  It's good to have a forum where we can get it off our chest.

You don't have to read my crazy long ramblings if you don't want to (hence the block and ignore functions), although the fact that reading it pisses you off is an added satisfaction.

Bye.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Smith seems to start off at 100 miles an hour and then fades (as do one or two others). I see him as an impact sub coming on with 25 minutes to go.

Eagles? In my opinion he is a classy footballer who seems to have been getting his fitness back but, for whatever reason, has not yet featured under Dino. It may be that he gets a start if the manager wants to shake things up. And..this may surprise one or two, we may see Maouche dropped to the bench this weekend.

On another note - Whatever Nepomuceno did or said to see him shipped out to Chesterfield, how we could do with him right now. Sheridan seems to be getting them to play and Nepomuceno will have played a big part in that. He is a winger who provides that defensive cover you mention.

I’m up for this game and expect a huge response from the team on the pitch. 

Smith shouldn't be dropped as he was the only one to come off with any credit against Mansfield.

33 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

😄

This is a place where you can post as much Latics-related shit as you want and I'm going to take full advantage of that.  It's good to have a forum where we can get it off our chest.

You don't have to read my crazy long ramblings if you don't want to (hence the block and ignore functions), although the fact that reading it pisses you off is an added satisfaction.

Bye.

Didn’t piss me off in the slightest I find other people’s stupidity oddly gratifying.

Bye.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

A number of fans I speak to saw the double sending off as having some impact on the final result and thereby mitigating to some extent the final embarrassment.

if we lose eleven versus eleven this Saturday it may be different methinks 🤔

In my opinion they should have had us dead and buried before the sendings off. They sliced us open on several occasions and it was their initial poor finishing that meant we were only two down. It should have been four or five. We were so poor.

Unbelievably I’ll be going. But I’m not sure why. This has Macc 3-0 written all over it. I genuinely hope not but, like most of our other games we haven’t lost, I can only see us winning through them being even worse than us: not because of anything we have to offer. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Which ever combination we use it never looks good.

Roll on January when Dino hopefully has a mass clear out and brings in some players who can cope in this division.

Clear out...where to?? paying up the contracts of unwanted players is the only way we’ll get rid of the deadwood.

I dread to think of the financial implications caused by Mo’s player recruitment, any other employee would have been long gone by now!

20 decent players has surely got to be more cost effective than 30+ who are predominantly shite!!

3 hours ago, peanuts said:

exactley what i said saturday during  the game the double sending off was a get out of jail for managment as it would mask just how crap we were prior to that 

It was. I believe with 11 v 11 it would have finished at least 4-1.

4 hours ago, youngen said:

I am not sure if youve watched recent games, but Smith has been one of our stand out performers. No way should he be replaced with Eagles who hasnt featured and definitely not with Branger coming back having not done much before getting injured. If Eagles and Branger are to come in it has to be for Maoche and Morais (suspended). 

Id personally go with Harry Bosch that 3-5-2 needs to be implements, as we are inexperienced defensively and have very poor defensive cover from midfield/wings. But at the same time, we need more options forward, as our transition from defence to attack is awful as we have no attacking full backs, and no one in midfield who carries us forward. Hate to say it but we need to resort to lumping it and getting around the strikers for scraps.

We don't have the wing backs capable ( or fit enough ) of attacking and defending to play this system. We would be murdered down the wings.

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

A poor point badly made I'll admit.  I'll try again.

Azankpo has been better for us this season no question.  I also think he's been more suited to playing up front on his own than Wilson, who I think will thrive in a front two.  So I'd give Wilson the best chance possible to kickstart his time here.  It would be a lot better if he had a better player to play off but Vera's the best we've got at that role.

We need as many options in form as possible up front and I feel it's a good opportunity to give Wilson a confidence boost that will get him firing.

I kind of agree. Just pick two and stick with them until January, see if a partnership develops..

6 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Fingers crossed we can get more of the injured and international players back to make up for the suspended players from last week.  If we do I'd go for:

Woods

Mills

Hamer

Wheater

Iacovitti

Smith

Maouche

Missilou

Eagles

Vera

Wilson

It's a game where going with 2 up front could give us a big boost.  I'd drop Sylla to get Maouche controlling the play from the middle of the park, play Vera because we have no one else who's even close to being a target man, and give Wilson the chance to play in a front two against his former club.  Hopefully to prove a point.

Having Branger and Azankpo on the bench would be decent options if we're chasing a goal, and Sylla there to come on if we need to kill the game.

Macc under Campbell looked surprisingly decent when I saw them earlier on in the season.  No idea what their new manager is like but surely the regular late payment of wages will start to take it's toll on a small squad.  It's a good opportunity to go for the win imo.

I don't think Vera will feature for a while, if again! Was speaking to a mansfield fan on way home last weekend and he said vera threw a massive hissy fit at being subbed. Was kicking the hoardings, threw his shirt and dino was fuming apparently

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He's not even the worst player in our current squad. 

As far as doing what they are supposed to do I cannot think of a worse player getting minutes. Starting him over Wilson? Even if Dino wanted a look at him, assuming there are no videos available, a League match when we’re floating around the bottom of the football league doesn’t seem the place.

That said, he probably features because he’s all we have. I genuinely hope he comes good.

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

😄

Bye.

Nothing wrong with your posts. Always balanced I find. Just usedtobewozzerisstillatosser

42 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I don't think Vera will feature for a while, if again! Was speaking to a mansfield fan on way home last weekend and he said vera threw a massive hissy fit at being subbed. Was kicking the hoardings, threw his shirt and dino was fuming apparently

To be fair, kicking the hoardings was possibly an air shot after missing the ball.

We will miss Morais big time on Sat. He's at least been one breath of fresh air since he arrived. 

Let's face it we are a shit team, with a shittier owner in a shit league, and until we give a manager some time and the opportunity to improve us, we will continue to be shit. 

A boring 1-1 for me on Sat is the best be can hope for. 

2 hours ago, LittlePhilHill said:

As far as doing what they are supposed to do I cannot think of a worse player getting minutes. Starting him over Wilson?

This is just mental. :lol:

All three of them have been fucking shit. 

Vera's had the least game time of the three but scored the most goals for us.

And has previously played at by far the highest levels. 

And had a couple of decent none scoring performances. 

Wilson has been far and away the worst of the three by any measure you could possibly use. 

A total and utter empty shirt. Repeatedly. 

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I like a bit of that.

#pashun 

Archived