Walsall tuesday

18 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Swings and roundabouts, as they say. Mansfield beat nine men. 
A relief to get a win, at last with a tough game to come at Vale though and I hope that bloody Tom Pope doesn't play.

In a week when a sibling passed away through the Big C, it's maybe a bit strange to say that I can find a modicum of joy in a Latics win. 

Sorry for your loss. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Wardie said:

A relief to get a win, at last with a tough game to come at Vale though and I hope that bloody Tom Pope doesn't play.

In a week when a sibling passed away through the Big C, it's maybe a bit strange to say that I can find a modicum of joy in a Latics win. 

So sorry to hear that thoughts are with you & your family at this very sad time sincere condolences.

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Let’s not let the result mask what was a terrible performance, good to see the youths get a bit of time but I don’t really see the strategy, I don’t think there is one. Not sure what to think but at least we have 3 points. 

“terrible”

oh shut up

It was a vital 3 points tonight but make no mistake, that was probably as bad a performance as Saturday. The only difference is that Walsall were even more shite than we were tonight. We are still deep in the mire. 

Wardie, sorry to hear your news. My condolences. 

Some people really have me speechless. We won 2-0 tonight. New formation that we've all been asking for. Both strikers scored. Zeus had one maybe two shots that he actually had to make an effort to save. It was against 10 men yes, but I'm sure Wilson would have ran clear and scored had their player not handballed it. It wasnt an amazing performance, it wasnt a performance to say wow, but it was professional and very comfortable. A good win. Yet people on here still moaning 

Well the sending off did change it. However after that I thought we were excellent we took control of the game completely which considering we've been on such a bad run is commendable. We also passed the ball well and as result kept control of the ball and of the game. Both strikers got on the score sheet which was great and good to see some academy lads come on and make their debuts.

No negativity from me tonight Im having a whisky before bed to celebrate.

28 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Thank you, that's really kind of you.
It was a long process, not unexpected and still a shock all the same.

I know we say football pales in insignificance and all that but these things can make you realise that we shouldn't take for granted our little pleasures in life...like a rare Latics win...when we can get them.

sorry to hear Wardie.

8 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Some people really have me speechless. We won 2-0 tonight. New formation that we've all been asking for. Both strikers scored. Zeus had one maybe two shots that he actually had to make an effort to save. It was against 10 men yes, but I'm sure Wilson would have ran clear and scored had their player not handballed it. It wasnt an amazing performance, it wasnt a performance to say wow, but it was professional and very comfortable. A good win. Yet people on here still moaning 

Walsall could argue that it wasn't technically a clear goalscoring opportunity with it being Wilson who would have been through :grin: 

42 minutes ago, Wardie said:

dont know you and probarbly never met you but your one of the latics family from us all far and wide our deepest condolences and may tonight of at least brought a moment of relief however brief 

Archived