Walsall tuesday

Second half was enjoyable. Can't believe nobody thought of playing two centre forwards sooner.

I'm with Dino in that we just need to get through to January so he can hopefully make some big changes. Anything we pick up along the way is a bonus. As with the Morecambe game, the most encouraging thing leaving the ground yesterday was that is appears that there are teams even worse than us knocking about in the division.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

Anyone think that Walsall were so poor because they set up to play against a 4 5 1? If it was a shock for us to have 2 up front imagine their manager having watched 12 of our games playin 4 5 1 lol

Well the first half showed that they coped rather easily with the 2 uptop. The second half we played well but I don't think it was down to 2 up the middle. That said only a fool would change a winning team on saturday

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The major difference after the sending off  was the growing confidence of the two strikers and lavovitti in particular.

I thought Hamer was outstanding and is now  closing down opponents much better - as I hoped he would.

If Dino can keep up the confidence factor we can certainly move up the table.

Still need a centre forward though. Mark Beck at Harrogate is one who could do a good job.

He's definitely the type of striker we need.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Well the first half showed that they coped rather easily with the 2 uptop. The second half we played well but I don't think it was down to 2 up the middle. That said only a fool would change a winning team on saturday

He may have no say, if the fools pull rank. 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Agree with you on all counts.

I would add that our forward pairing didn't look like a pairing which, hopefully, Dino can work on. We need the rest of the team to try and play the ball into space because neither will win a header.

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Agree with you on all counts.

I would add that our forward pairing didn't look like a pairing which, hopefully, Dino can work on. We need the rest of the team to try and play the ball into space because neither will win a header.

I think one might win some headers against some centre back partnerships, but playing into space is going to work much more regularly.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I thought the big difference was that in the first half the strikers mainly received the ball outside the box and in the second half they mainly received it inside the box. This was because of the quality of the crossing mainly from Smith which i thought was because he benefited from the extra space and the support of Iacovitti.

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But Harrogate have money don't they? 

They are at home to  Portsmouth in the FA Cup, chances are he will score against them so we won't get him anyway.

Must be a cert for live TV coverage.

22 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

The Labour twats that voted for or those that voted against? Rees-Mogg who’s in favour or Farage who’s against? Confused? You will be.

No confusion for me, I had no doubt what I was voting for, just like the other 17.4 million, trouble is, that thick, cowardly, front bench of the Labour party and their mate sat in the speakers chair will stoop to any excuse to thwart a democratic vote.

No General election for the Labour turncoats because they'd get annihilated and rightly so!

Relieved at 3 points - badly needed.

The very poor home element of the attendance shows how deep the discontentment is running, even amongst previous diehards.

Port Vale game is huge. 3 points and people might start to believe that we are approaching the corner - and might just negotiate it. Lose - and it's a case of "would not have beaten 11 against 11". Draw = frustration and doubt.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Great finish by Wilson. 

Exactly what Macc fans said, just shows we need to supply him with more chances in front of goal.

Let Segbe run about distracting defenders and keep Wilson hanging around the opposition penalty area.

44 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

No confusion for me, I had no doubt what I was voting for, just like the other 17.4 million, trouble is, that thick, cowardly, front bench of the Labour party and their mate sat in the speakers chair will stoop to any excuse to thwart a democratic vote.

No General election for the Labour turncoats because they'd get annihilated and rightly so!

So do you believe Rees-Mogg and Johnson that the current deal is Brexit or Farage and the DUP who believe it isn’t? Given that all 17.4m of you knew what you were voting for. 

Archived