Walsall tuesday

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

In your rush to express a different opinion you missed the point he HAS done it for the last 2 seasons

In the Football League? 14 in non league hardly a showstopper. If he was a catch then I'm pretty sure he could have done better than a one year contract with us.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Every time I've seen him looks like an headless chicken,very frustrating.. Is his confidence shot at ? possibly as to many look devoid of confidence at the moment.. Id play 3 up front at least one of our strikers should hit the target.. need to get a win on tuesday, if not pressure will increase on Dino who i believe is living on borrowed time.

Living on borrowed time? He’s only had 5 games! Admittedly it’s been a poor start, but sacking another manager so soon? Is that really the way forward? I said a few weeks ago that we’ll be sacking managers if they lose their first game in charge at this rate. It’s ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Walsall at home. 15th March 1966.

My first ever Latics match.

A 1-2 home defeat. Should have seen the signs back then! 😂

Attendance 14,095. I wonder what tomorrow nights crowd will be?

Under 3,000 I would imagine.

55 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Living on borrowed time? He’s only had 5 games! Admittedly it’s been a poor start, but sacking another manager so soon? Is that really the way forward? I said a few weeks ago that we’ll be sacking managers if they lose their first game in charge at this rate. It’s ridiculous.

Make appointments on a match to match basis from the realistic Facebook group by raffle. 

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Walsall at home. 15th March 1966.

My first ever Latics match.

A 1-2 home defeat. Should have seen the signs back then! 😂

Attendance 14,095. I wonder what tomorrow nights crowd will be?

You didn't go to your first game until you were 60? 

late starter eh,must be hard work for you now attending and for scant reward, fair play to you though :D

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Lets shake the lot up;

La Paz

Mills

Wheater 

Stott

Smith Brown

Morais

Missilou

McCann

Eagles

Hamer

Smith.

Your obsession with playing Hamer up-front is commendable.

However his first half effort on Saturday which ended up 10 yards wide doesn't convince me.

Think starting with two up should be tried before resorting to such desperate measures.

4 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

In Pete Wild's first interview after leaving, he said that the club wanted to go in a different direction from him.

With him leading Halifax to the top of the Conference, us heading towards it and talking about needing our 3rd boss of the season after 14 games, is there any chance that we can follow Wild's direction rather than the club's?

17 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

In Pete Wild's first interview after leaving, he said that the club wanted to go in a different direction from him.

With him leading Halifax to the top of the Conference, us heading towards it and talking about needing our 3rd boss of the season after 14 games, is there any chance that we can follow Wild's direction rather than the club's?

Stability (manager wise) and much better recruitment (player wise) is what’s needed.  We have a fairly experienced manager at last, give him the chance to recruit his own players and judge him after that.

The alternative seems to be to get yet another manager in and for ML to continue to recruit inferior players. That particular model has failed miserably so far.

I would go De Le Paz

Hamer

Wheater

Stott

Iavovitti (ahead of smith brown) both LB options are pretty awful

Morais

Syla

Missile

Johnny Smith

Desire

Then Wilson, Eagles, Hamer AN Other. Anyone just a 2nd body who can move and effect the game for us and stop the opposition defense being able to have one defender attacking the ball and one mopping up for 90 mins...

We have to get more bodies in the box, Saturday someone put a little dink into the back post all it would have taken was a touch and we have scored. No one there... Not saying we would with 2 forwards but surely there is more of a chance. We have played 1 up front all season we create some chances from set plays but at the minute that's it. 

We have to change something and fast lets go 442 and try and win a game for once rather then set up trying to not get beat

10 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

I would go De Le Paz

Hamer

Wheater

Stott

Iavovitti (ahead of smith brown) both LB options are pretty awful

Morais

Syla

Missile

Johnny Smith

Desire

Then Wilson, Eagles, Hamer AN Other. Anyone just a 2nd body who can move and effect the game for us and stop the opposition defense being able to have one defender attacking the ball and one mopping up for 90 mins...

We have to get more bodies in the box, Saturday someone put a little dink into the back post all it would have taken was a touch and we have scored. No one there... Not saying we would with 2 forwards but surely there is more of a chance. We have played 1 up front all season we create some chances from set plays but at the minute that's it. 

We have to change something and fast lets go 442 and try and win a game for once rather then set up trying to not get beat

Agreed!! ⚽

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Imagine if the manager picks the right team and formation, with players in their correct positions and all the players put the required amount of effort in.  Naive I know... 

The manager seems to have correctly identified that the right team lacks the neccessary attributes to improve the league position...

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Imagine if the manager picks the right team and formation, with players in their correct positions and all the players put the required amount of effort in.  Naive I know... 

My correct position is centre half but it doesn't mean I'd be any good at it way above my level. 

35 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

...and we get battered.

Then some might wake up and smell the coffee, we are woefully short and need to hope for two things.

1. We are not bottom by the next window.

2. Our recruitment personnel and model is given a comprehensive overhaul before another player is signed.

Not holding my breath with regards to either.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

...and we get battered.

Then some might wake up and smell the coffee, we are woefully short and need to hope for two things.

2. Our recruitment personnel and model is given a comprehensive overhaul before another player is signed.

Not holding my breath with regards to either.

These are so crucial, we are living on a wing and a prayer as you rightly highlight and some are in denial that we are 89th in the Football League and 2 pts off a non league position. We are not going to suddenly go on play off form, some are in denial we are in a relegation dogfight (not aimed at you of course).

The bigger issue is recruitment is so haphazard. No identiying the type of player we need, no balance to the squad, no track record for the most part like you've higlighted.

We won't find the right permutation form the current players IMHO, last year Lincoln used 23 players in the League for the entire campaign.. This season so far, we've used 24 players with almost a third of the season gone.

6 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

True, but he's already been told there's no money left for the January window and he has to get players out before any come in, and at that he seemed very despondent. I think he may well be in trouble.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Your obsession with playing Hamer up-front is commendable.

However his first half effort on Saturday which ended up 10 yards wide doesn't convince me.

Think starting with two up should be tried before resorting to such desperate measures.

We only have two if it's true that Vera has been banished to the youths. Mind you even if he hadn't it wouldn't make any difference.

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

...and we get battered.

If you are pinning your hopes on the next window I fear you are heading for disappointment.  Noe because of the likelihood or otherwise of the board seeing the light but because if there really is a decent striker available he is likely to have multiple options.  Iw ould take some imagination to think we'd be anyone's first pick.

10 minutes ago, singe said:

These are so crucial, we are living on a wing and a prayer as you rightly highlight and some are in denial that we are 89th in the Football League and 2 pts off a non league position. We are not going to suddenly go on play off form, some are in denial we are in a relegation dogfight (not aimed at you of course).

The bigger issue is recruitment is so haphazard. No identiying the type of player we need, no balance to the squad, no track record for the most part like you've higlighted.

We won't find the right permutation form the current players IMHO, last year Lincoln used 23 players in the League for the entire campaign.. This season so far, we've used 24 players with almost a third of the season gone.

Exactly. The Lemmy's say they give the manager the final say on players after Mo has brought them here to train. No manager can judge a player in a few training sessions, they need to see them play in a competitive game (not for us), and more than once. 

Archived