Walsall tuesday

10 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Exactly. The Lemmy's say they give the manager the final say on players after Mo has brought them here to train. No manager can judge a player in a few training sessions, they need to see them play in a competitive game (not for us), and more than once. 

Except Vera, who we all were right about after 5 minutes.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, al_bro said:

Exactly. The Lemmy's say they give the manager the final say on players after Mo has brought them here to train. No manager can judge a player in a few training sessions, they need to see them play in a competitive game (not for us), and more than once. 

Agree, I could understand it if we had a reserve League set up.

2 minutes ago, singe said:

Agree, I could understand it if we had a reserve League set up.

There is a reserve league for Northern based clubs, good enough for Wigan to play in it, but for some reason we have chosen to ignore it.

"Can't get worse."  Careful!

Attendance 3,650 using the same person to add up the numbers.

Used 24 players from a squad of 35 (two on loan) - 36 if you count McKinney - so there are another 12 players who are even worse (see above) than those 24.

Hopes for Tuesday are a good selection of beer at the Rising Sun and no rain.

Fears for Tuesday are too many to mention.

22 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Experienced mainly at non-league level and Stevenage who still reek of non-league after all these years....

that's the Stevenage who have recently complete the building of a fully functioning new stand...

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

There is a reserve league for Northern based clubs, good enough for Wigan to play in it, but for some reason we have no money to pay for it so ignore it and pretend its not there .

FTFY

17 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

I would go 

De Le Paz

Hamer

Wheater

Stott

Iavovitti (ahead of smith brown) both LB options are pretty awful

Morais

Syla

Missile

Johnny Smith

Desire

Then Wilson, Eagles, Hamer AN Other. Anyone just a 2nd body who can move and effect the game for us and stop the opposition defense being able to have one defender attacking the ball and one mopping up for 90 mins...

We have to get more bodies in the box, Saturday someone put a little dink into the back post all it would have taken was a touch and we have scored. No one there... Not saying we would with 2 forwards but surely there is more of a chance. We have played 1 up front all season we create some chances from set plays but at the minute that's it. 

We have to change something and fast lets go 442 and try and win a game for once rather then set up trying to not get beat

Anyone know how close Branger and Mills are to a return? If they are still missing then I tend to agree with your ten above plus Eagles. 4-1-3-1-1 with that lot too...

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Anyone know how close Branger and Mills are to a return? If they are still missing then I tend to agree with your ten above plus Eagles. 4-1-3-1-1 with that lot too...

4-1-3-1-1?

Sounds a bit complex to me. Bearing in mind that systems have to be practised in training I'm unconvinced we have the flexibility to try something different most weeks. Although we may as well. 

The 2 upfront people cry out for only works if you have wingers and a central midfielder getting in and around the centre forwards. The 1 up front current system only works if you have decent defensive midfielders who can pass and an attacking midfielder who can take it on the turn, and wingers who get close to the striker. The fact Vera has looked our most threatening striker without hardly any game time this year shows just how useless up front we are. And our midfielders do not possess the qualities mentioned above, barring the wingers.

Unfortunately, unless he starts playing Eagles Smith and Morais together and hope one of our strikers suddenly gets struck with some talent then we won't get close to have a team good enough to effectively implement either of the above formations. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

4-1-3-1-1?

Sounds a bit complex to me. Bearing in mind that systems have to be practised in training I'm unconvinced we have the flexibility to try something different most weeks. Although we may as well. 

It’ll be a fluid 4-1-3-1-1 when on the attack changing to a 4-5-1 when the opposition has the ball. Something like

Sylla

Eagles     Missilou.   Smith

Morais

Segbe

#needtogetoutmoreiknow

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It’ll be a fluid 4-1-3-1-1 when on the attack changing to a 4-5-1 when the opposition has the ball. Something like

Sylla

Eagles     Missilou.   Smith

Morais

Segbe

#needtogetoutmoreiknow

Do you think our players are that adaptable? 

Some of them appear to need to concentrate hard just to remember to put one foot in front of the other😁

Archived