FA Cup 1st Round Draw....

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, oafc21 said:

On a Sunday, Uncovered terrace, 2-30 mins train journey from Piccadilly plus getting down to picc, £70 train no thanks, 12-45 kickoff!!!!!!cheers FA 👍

trainline have tickets at £45 & £47 from stalybridge limited number left 

50 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He didn’t say anything about it not being a bad price ? 

shame is too early for the pub on stalybridge station to be open for a quick pie and pint before the off

10 hours ago, oafc21 said:

On a Sunday, Uncovered terrace, 2-30 mins train journey from Piccadilly plus getting down to picc, £70 train no thanks, 12-45 kickoff!!!!!!cheers FA 👍

You might want to try searching for trains from Victoria. Can get a return for £45 if you hang around Newcastle after the match. 

9 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Why 12.45?  Only train I can catch from local station arrives 12.04 and what is the use of that?

No problem -  That still leaves plenty of time to stop off at The Schooner for a pint and then get to the ground for kick off. Sorted. 😀

25 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Why 12.45?  Only train I can catch from local station arrives 12.04 and what is the use of that?

It's 7 minutes from Newcastle Central to the Stadium station on the Geordie Metro. They run pretty frequently too. 

As @TheBigDog says you should have plenty of time. 

19 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Never seen such a messed up allocation 😂. Not that we will take anywhere near the full allocation. But what if we did? And I rang up to say I want to take my youngen, and they say theres 1000 tickets left but none are adult tickets 😂 very odd

It does state: ‘If the club sell out of the allocation of Adult tickets, then Concessions can be used and will be amended accordingly.’

Been to ticket office today to buy 4 x Gateshead tickets and the queue was about 10 deep, either no one works on a Friday afternoon in Oldham or alternatively the truncated opening hours have resulted in jams at the ticket office, the likes of which we haven't seen for many years.

Speaking to others patiently waiting in the queue, what struck me was how there is still a groundswell of love and affection for the club - no matter how poorly run the club is at present (my opinion) and how poor the depth of the first team squad is. I announced "Its a bit like the good old days"  at seeing the queue which brought chatter & conversation about the good old days and how we all wished we were back there somehow as a club.

As with every occasion I go to the ticket office, I bumped into Dino (maybe he needed a ticket too?), he shook all the supporters by the hand and promised he will do his utmost to get the lads to win on Saturday. I like the fella as a fella, seems positive and smiles a lot which makes him a lot more personable than our Sporting Director who does neither.

I seriously believe that this club can be reinvigorated (to some degree at least), but only in spite of rather than because of the current owner & Board of Directors who seem incapable of grasping what is important to us as Latics supporters - it may not have been if they had sought to ask. The town is in decline allegedly - I don't live in Oldham so have to rely on others' opinions - the club has been in decline for years but that decline has accelerated under these owners, maybe both are terminal but from the goodwill & cheer today of many people who I don't know, even after watching for 50 years+,  I still feel that the club can be saved from oblivion. This will only happen however if there is an active willingness from both the owners and the supporters (both pro- and anti-establishment) to accept some commonality and act towards a common goal. 

22 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I won't be able to go, but I hope it's a fine day and not too cold for everyone who goes. I would hate having to sit in the cold rain with no cover. 

Thanks for your concern Al-bro, character building day - could never be as cold as Barrow was that night though  

Archived