FA Cup 1st Round Draw....

38 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Positive as usual Dave....

Think we all know the multiple reasons for our dwindling home support...

My point is seeing as in our last 2 away games we took 440 to Mansfield and 500 to Vale when both were 3pm Saturday KOs, much easier to get to, and only around 50 miles away, I think taking 750+ to Gateshead on a Sunday morning is pretty impressive whichever way you look at it

This is a type of game loads come out of woodwork to say they've been.

They'll be there at Salford as well    

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Fanny Adams said:

In Dino's interview it's mentioned that over 600 have now been sold.

7 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Positive as usual Dave....

Think we all know the multiple reasons for our dwindling home support...

My point is seeing as in our last 2 away games we took 440 to Mansfield and 500 to Vale when both were 3pm Saturday KOs, much easier to get to, and only around 50 miles away, I think taking 750+ to Gateshead on a Sunday morning is pretty impressive whichever way you look at it

Agree with sentiments but I can assure you Port Vale this season was far from easy to get to = think possibly up to 100 fans who commenced the journey may have failed to make it due to travel issues.

I would expect nearly 1000 to be at Gateshead which is around 40% of our hard core support I'd say        

2 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I’d take a wooly hat and some gloves as it might be a bit thin with a northerly blowing in, but I am getting on a bit. 

BBC Weather forecast for Gateshead, Gateshead. Sunday: Sunny Intervals. Max 7°C, min 1°C. Wind 10mph NE. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2648773

I visited Newcastle Uni, aged 17, when deciding where I wanted to go.... as a season ticket holder at ice station zebra, cold weather was something I was familiar with. I arrived in Newcastle wearing a hat, scarf, gloves, jumper, big coat... and was met by a geordie lad showing us around, who was wearing a white T and black leather jacket, unzipped. I was freezing my tits off and asked this lad, “is it always this cold up here?”... I should add, I’d been to St. James’ Park watching Latics a couple of years earlier (we lost 3-2) and thought it was cold then too. Anyway, he answered in the broadest geordie accent, “it’s nay that cold tha’day man”.... I thought, fk this, I ain’t coming here....

38 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I visited Newcastle Uni, aged 17, when deciding where I wanted to go.... as a season ticket holder at ice station zebra, cold weather was something I was familiar with. I arrived in Newcastle wearing a hat, scarf, gloves, jumper, big coat... and was met by a geordie lad showing us around, who was wearing a white T and black leather jacket, unzipped. I was freezing my tits off and asked this lad, “is it always this cold up here?”... I should add, I’d been to St. James’ Park watching Latics a couple of years earlier (we lost 3-2) and thought it was cold then too. Anyway, he answered in the broadest geordie accent, “it’s nay that cold tha’day man”.... I thought, fk this, I ain’t coming here....

As someone who lived in the North East for 10 years the wind direction is more relevant. 7°C with a wind from the North East will feel pretty cold even for us hardened by ISZ. 

There's not much land due North of Gateshead until you get to the North Pole. 

20 hours ago, Fanny Adams said:

So they should be. There would be many more fans at every game if the product was good and the team were doing well. But the shit running of the team shouldn't stop the fans who have lost interest having a couple of decent days out. I reckon most who go to Gateshead and Salford won't even give 2 clucks about the result and game.

6 minutes ago, youngen said:

So they should be. There would be many more fans at every game if the product was good and the team were doing well. But the shit running of the team shouldn't stop the fans who have lost interest having a couple of decent days out. I reckon most who go to Gateshead and Salford won’t even give 2 clucks about the result and the game.

I reckon they will.

17 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I’d take a wooly hat and some gloves as it might be a bit thin with a northerly blowing in, but I am getting on a bit. 

BBC Weather forecast for Gateshead, Gateshead. Sunday: Sunny Intervals. Max 7°C, min 1°C. Wind 10mph NE. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2648773

Lol - reminded me of an away cup game at Barrow on a Tuesday night, from memory, some years back. The wind was absolutely ferocious. It was comical watching Eyresy take a free kick in the first half - and the ball virtually being blown back to him! That said, I think we won 1-0 via an Eyresy free kick with the wind at his back. It was absolutely bloody freezing - and around 200 Latics there that night.

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Lol - reminded me of an away cup game at Barrow on a Tuesday night, from memory, some years back. The wind was absolutely ferocious. It was comical watching Eyresy take a free kick in the first half - and the ball virtually being blown back to him! That said, I think we won 1-0 via an Eyresy free kick with the wind at his back. It was absolutely bloody freezing - and around 200 Latics there that night.

Only game worse was that Boxing Day game at Chesterfield. Hailstorm. Reckon there were more than 200 there that night. Think it was Wadsworth's first game in charge?... Dowie celebrating that win as though we'd won the cup. 

Dino’s pre match interview - Early indications that he may well make a couple of changes to the starting eleven:

"I will try and pick a team that will win. If I have to change one or two I will. Ideally I'm not someone who's going to change loads to the team. "I will probably tweak one or two areas to improve them looking at the opposition and the circumstance of the FA Cup."So I've got certain decisions to make for the first time in a while but we're ready for it and we know what we are going to face."We know the players I have at my disposal and I'll make sure I pick a team to win on Sunday."

"Chris Eagles came back last week and had a good game, his first full 90 minutes for a while.

"Egert is obviosuly still available after his recent suspension. Maouche came on last Saturday and I think he changed the game, he's back again from injury. So I've got one or two decisions to make this weekend. 

Egert and Maouche back then... 🤔

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Dino’s pre match interview - Early indications that he may well make a couple of changes to the starting eleven:

"I will try and pick a team that will win. If I have to change one or two I will. Ideally I'm not someone who's going to change loads to the team. "I will probably tweak one or two areas to improve them looking at the opposition and the circumstance of the FA Cup."So I've got certain decisions to make for the first time in a while but we're ready for it and we know what we are going to face."We know the players I have at my disposal and I'll make sure I pick a team to win on Sunday."

"Chris Eagles came back last week and had a good game, his first full 90 minutes for a while.

"Egert is obviosuly still available after his recent suspension. Maouche came on last Saturday and I think he changed the game, he's back again from injury. So I've got one or two decisions to make this weekend. 

Egert and Maouche back then... 🤔

Imagine the pissboil when we start with one up front...

Unless one of the youngsters gets a run out it will be Eagles and Egert I guess.   Will Maouche be our Sup Sub or will he play and score a hat trick before being substituted?   (Tongue in cheek)    Gateshead will have done their homework and know we have a history of starting slow and finishing half asleep.    It's annoying that the Club haven't brought in a pair of Strikers before now - roll on January.    In the meantime - COYB.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, youngen said:

So they should be. There would be many more fans at every game if the product was good and the team were doing well. But the shit running of the team shouldn't stop the fans who have lost interest having a couple of decent days out. I reckon most who go to Gateshead and Salford won't even give 2 clucks about the result and game.

656 Tickets sold to date  .................

Archived