• 1 month later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

A sign of the decline from the great days is that we have two entries in the top ten of great FA Cup upsets. Admittedly great performances and days but I’d love it to be a shock result if we were beaten

Based on the exchange prices, our win at Fulham was quite literally the greatest of the century. I wonder what the odds were as Mitrovic stepped up for that peno.

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Based on the exchange prices, our win at Fulham was quite literally the greatest of the century. I wonder what the odds were as Mitrovic stepped up for that peno.

You can't cause great cup upsets unless you are at a low level 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

You can't cause great cup upsets unless you are at a low level 

I guess the Cambridge win at moneybags Newcastle yesterday could be added to the list?

Pity we havent a keeper like Cambridge's.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:19 AM, oafc1955 said:

Think there was a few more than 2000 tics in the ground at The Dell!

One of my favourite of the countless great away days we had together back then Graham. Hard to choose between that and the 3-0 defeat at Portsmouth. Looking back, excessive beer always seems the common denominator 🤪

23 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Anyone know why we adopted that song ?

think it was high in the charts and played a lot over the tanoy during our succesfull run to promotion in 74 can remember the chaddy choir frequently joining in with the tune and it went from there 

29 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

think it was high in the charts and played a lot over the tanoy during our succesfull run to promotion in 74 can remember the chaddy choir frequently joining in with the tune and it went from there 

My Dad likes to remind me that we began playing it when we were at the bottom of the 4th division (so circa 69-70) and it accompanied our rise up the leagues and as a result it became a staple of the Boundary Park play list.

Perhaps one of our senior posters may wish to correct me or confirm that this was the case?

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

My Dad likes to remind me that we began playing it when we were at the bottom of the 4th division (so circa 69-70) and it accompanied our rise up the leagues and as a result it became a staple of the Boundary Park play list.

Perhaps one of our senior posters may wish to correct me or confirm that this was the case?

Nah....it was the promotion season from the old third to the old second division.

Archived