• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

We could have been playing till now and not scored.

Listened to our managers interview on GMR on way home-well he either went to a different game or he has the biggest pair of rose tinted glasses Christendom.

The highlights look like we were swamped and Zues saved us.

1 hour ago, yarddogs said:

Spot on that’s how I viewed sat in the away end.

Vale were on top in the first half and we were under the cosh at times. Zeus did well for us. Second half though we were much better and I don’t think Zeus had a save to make. We created chances and half chances without really looking like scoring. Draw a fair result although both managers will probably think they should have won it.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

We could have been playing till now and not scored.

Listened to our managers interview on GMR on way home-well he either went to a different game or he has the biggest pair of rose tinted glasses in Christendom.

I know what you mean, but to be fair he needs all the positivity he can get at the minute.  

18 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Three comments an hour after full time. 

Only chat is about Matt Rhead. 

It's really pissboil or nowt on here, isn't it?

It's a strange feeling for some of us, Sweeper. I`m sad to admit that most of my passion for Latics has gone. I was your archetypal "dyed in the wool" type for decades. Since the arrival of the new owner, however, my passion has evaporated pretty quickly. I feel no connection whatsoever to the club nowadays. It's a mixture of issues, I suppose, but fundamentally, it's the "connection" that's gone. It's not easy to explain but everything just feels alien. It's as though some strange being from another planet suddenly arrived and threw out everything I knew, and was comforted by, about Latics.

The present result is an unprofessional, souless club with no ambition and a stadium devoid of any atmosphere. 

We've been in worse places before; of that there is no doubt (e.g. the Moore debacle) but, even in those dark days, it never felt as bad as this and the home support didn't dwindle to the levels we are now seeing.

I think back to the "Corney days" and, in my opinion, it's quite ironic to say that they were infinitely better than what we have presently. Whatever the view on Corney, the club still felt like "our club". For me, it's now got to the point where Latics seems like a neighbouring club; I take a passing interest but generally no more than that.

I`m certainly financially much better off - but it's an interesting knock-on effect when you consider how much fans like me used to put into the local economy. Latics home games was the only time I went into Oldham town centre. I'd get a meal in a cafe opposite the market, down a few pints before and after the game, get a takeaway and then a taxi home. I`d often bump into fellow fans who did similar in the town centre - I saw one in Uppermill a while back and he and 3 friends have stopped going too.

It's all very sad and, for me personally, I worry as to whether my passion will ever be re-ignited.

Certainly not as long as this lot remain in control.

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It's a strange feeling for some of us, Sweeper. I`m sad to admit that most of my passion for Latics has gone. I was your archetypal "dyed in the wool" type for decades. Since the arrival of the new owner, however, my passion has evaporated pretty quickly. I feel no connection whatsoever to the club nowadays. It's a mixture of issues, I suppose, but fundamentally, it's the "connection" that's gone. It's not easy to explain but everything just feels alien. It's as though some strange being from another planet suddenly arrived and threw out everything I knew, and was comforted by, about Latics.

The present result is an unprofessional, souless club with no ambition and a stadium devoid of any atmosphere. 

We've been in worse places before; of that there is no doubt (e.g. the Moore debacle) but, even in those dark days, it never felt as bad as this and the home support didn't dwindle to the levels we are now seeing.

I think back to the "Corney days" and, in my opinion, it's quite ironic to say that they were infinitely better than what we have presently. Whatever the view on Corney, the club still felt like "our club". For me, it's now got to the point where Latics seems like a neighbouring club; I take a passing interest but generally no more than that.

I`m certainly financially much better off - but it's an interesting knock-on effect when you consider how much fans like me used to put into the local economy. Latics home games was the only time I went into Oldham town centre. I'd get a meal in a cafe opposite the market, down a few pints before and after the game, get a takeaway and then a taxi home. I`d often bump into fellow fans who did similar in the town centre - I saw one in Uppermill a while back and he and 3 friends have stopped going too.

It's all very sad and, for me personally, I worry as to whether my passion will ever be re-ignited.

Certainly not as long as this lot remain in control.

Copy and paste

Copy and paste

Copy and paste

change the record man

Personally thought Morais was woeful and should of been dragged off at HT. Eagles came on and provided so much pace and width yet he only got 5 mins?! 

Considering we haven’t had a lot to shout about at the moment, I thought Zeus and McCann were superb. Another clean sheet always boosts confidence. 

Don’t understand why Dino thought we were better all over the pitch. Felt like the Alamo with vale attacks that first half especially. 

Vale unbeaten I think all season at home so taking a point on paper doesn’t look too shabby. 

These next few weeks could determine our season as the gap between us and 18th is already 4 points. 

21 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Copy and paste

Copy and paste

Copy and paste

change the record man

Unfortunately for the vast majority the record is stuck...I feel exactly the same!

********** ABDALLAH OUT**********

7 minutes ago, steveecky said:

Listened to commentary yesterday and watched extended highlights today. I agree Dino was at another game, Vale keeper didn’t have a save to make all game. Also agree McCann needs to be signed on a longer contract, class at this level.

It’s funny how different people see different games. Managers are often looking for different things than supporters though.

i went yesterday with my dad. After the game I said that I thought Port Vale had more of the ball and it was a decent point for Latics. He disagreed and thought that Port Vale’s manager would be happier with the point than Dino.

Its a funny old game!! 

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

Where do you get the vast majority from?

3 polls done, 1 from me, all show 90% support for AL out.

Even Deluded Facebook only has a few answering in support.

Let's turn it the other way, show evidence he has any reasonable level of support.

1 minute ago, singe said:

3 polls done, 1 from me, all show 90% support for AL out.

Even Deluded Facebook only has a few answering in support.

Let's turn it the other way, show evidence he has any reasonable level of support.

Fine, that's easy. 

There were over 500 of us at Vale Park yesterday supporting the team. 

I have interest in your polls. I don't go to watch a chairman-I go to watch the team.

Funny how posters keep telling us they have no interest anymore but still keep posting.

9 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Where do you get the vast majority from?

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Fine, that's easy. 

There were over 500 of us at Vale Park yesterday supporting the team. 

I have interest in your polls. I don't go to watch a chairman-I go to watch the team.

Funny how posters keep telling us they have no interest anymore but still keep posting.

You're missing the point. 

Archived