7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Fine, that's easy. 

There were over 500 of us at Vale Park yesterday supporting the team. 

I have interest in your polls. I don't go to watch a chairman-I go to watch the team.

Funny how posters keep telling us they have no interest anymore but still keep posting.

Whoever the owner is and how they run the club has a direct impact on the team we see out on the pitch.

How you enjoying the football this season?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

We all love the club. 

Its just that people are sick of the way it's run.

You can't blame the fans who feel this way.  It's been deteriorating for over 25 years. 

Do we? So how does that manifest itself? Oh I know we stay at home on Sat/Tues and bitch about the owner in between on a Latics forum.

Can't say I like the way the club appears at the moment but there is still a football club out there which is more than Bury fan's can say.

I have been lucky enough to see all 25 years+.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Whoever the owner is and how they run the club has a direct impact on the team we see out on the pitch.

How you enjoying the football this season?

I have seen better. Watch City on MOTD to get my footie fix.

22 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Fine, that's easy. 

There were over 500 of us at Vale Park yesterday supporting the team. 

I have interest in your polls. I don't go to watch a chairman-I go to watch the team.

Funny how posters keep telling us they have no interest anymore but still keep posting.

It’s a salient point. 

All the posters that ‘don’t care anymore,’ find the time to come their team’s forum and write long prose telling us ‘my passion has died’ 🧐

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s a salient point. 

All the posters that ‘don’t care anymore,’ find the time to come their team’s forum and write long prose telling us ‘my passion has died’ 🧐

But the other 30% of the crowd just walked away, at least you know why.

17 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Do we? So how does that manifest itself? Oh I know we stay at home on Sat/Tues and bitch about the owner in between on a Latics forum.

Can't say I like the way the club appears at the moment but there is still a football club out there which is more than Bury fan's can say.

I have been lucky enough to see all 25 years+.

I have seen better. Watch City on MOTD to get my footie fix.

So you go to watch the football team but you admit you are only getting your football fix from City on MOTD, but the people who dont want to pay their money to watch this are somehow in the wrong here?

37 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s a salient point. 

Presumably because they want to still be passionate about the club and would come back if they found the connection again. 

Instead of taking the piss out of supporters who feel this way, the questions should be being asked why they feel this way. 

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So you go to watch the football team but you admit you are only getting your football fix from City on MOTD, but the people who dont want to pay their money to watch this are somehow in the wrong here?

If I had wanted to watch top quality football I would have chosen Liverpool, Man U(no scratch that), Arsenal years ago and now Man City-but no I chose to watch Latics and don't regret the decision one bit. I ain't gonna apologise for admiring the way Man City play football at the moment. Based on your line of argument Boundary Park would have been empty years ago-long before your bitching about the current ownership.

Already answered the second part of your post.

6 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

What!!!! 

So you are moaning about people not being proper fans yet you have City as your 2nd team 😂

Where have I said they are my second team? I enjoy watching good football and they seem to be playing the best of it at the moment.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

It’s a salient point. 

Which takes about 10 seconds. 

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

It's a strange feeling for some of us, Sweeper. I`m sad to admit that most of my passion for Latics has gone. I was your archetypal "dyed in the wool" type for decades. Since the arrival of the new owner, however, my passion has evaporated pretty quickly. I feel no connection whatsoever to the club nowadays. It's a mixture of issues, I suppose, but fundamentally, it's the "connection" that's gone. It's not easy to explain but everything just feels alien. It's as though some strange being from another planet suddenly arrived and threw out everything I knew, and was comforted by, about Latics.

The present result is an unprofessional, souless club with no ambition and a stadium devoid of any atmosphere. 

We've been in worse places before; of that there is no doubt (e.g. the Moore debacle) but, even in those dark days, it never felt as bad as this and the home support didn't dwindle to the levels we are now seeing.

I think back to the "Corney days" and, in my opinion, it's quite ironic to say that they were infinitely better than what we have presently. Whatever the view on Corney, the club still felt like "our club". For me, it's now got to the point where Latics seems like a neighbouring club; I take a passing interest but generally no more than that.

I`m certainly financially much better off - but it's an interesting knock-on effect when you consider how much fans like me used to put into the local economy. Latics home games was the only time I went into Oldham town centre. I'd get a meal in a cafe opposite the market, down a few pints before and after the game, get a takeaway and then a taxi home. I`d often bump into fellow fans who did similar in the town centre - I saw one in Uppermill a while back and he and 3 friends have stopped going too.

It's all very sad and, for me personally, I worry as to whether my passion will ever be re-ignited.

Certainly not as long as this lot remain in control.

When will you lose interest in telling everyone you've lost interest?

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Where do you get the vast majority from?

According to the latest ONS population estimate (June/July 2019), the population of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham was 235,623.

At our last home game just 0.95% of the borough's population attended to watch the game. So, 99.05% didn't.

Seems a pretty vast majority to me 🙂

(Lies, damned lies and statistics)

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Presumably because they want to still be passionate about the club and would come back if they found the connection again. 

Instead of taking the piss out of supporters who feel this way, the questions should be being asked why they feel this way. 

Taking the piss? 

Sensitive are we? 😂😂

Lets give this a go. . Tell me me why your upset about the way the club is run? Which of your concerns need appeasing? Is it hard being a fan? Do you feel like you’ve lost something in your life? 

That’s taking the piss. 

What I highlighted is the very false ‘my passion has died’ type post. When quite clearly it hasn’t. You obviously care by your post. So how about we stop with the false ‘i don’t care anymore’ agree we are shambles and get behind the team the best we can.

As Singe said the worry is the people who don’t tell us they don’t care. They just don’t go anymore. The rest is very attention seeking.

We know we are in the shit.

No. Really. 

We get it. 

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

According to the latest ONS population estimate (June/July 2019), the population of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham was 235,623.

At our last home game just 0.95% of the borough's population attended to watch the game. So, 99.05% didn't.

Plus the fact quite a few of them who do attend aren't from Oldham  

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Taking the piss? 

Sensitive are we? 😂😂

Lets give this a go. . Tell me me why your upset about the way the club is run? Which of your concerns need appeasing? Is it hard being a fan? Do you feel like you’ve lost something in your life? 

That’s taking the piss. 

What I highlighted is the very false ‘my passion has died’ type post. When quite clearly it hasn’t. You obviously care by your post. So how about we stop with the false ‘i don’t care anymore’ agree we are shambles and get behind the team the best we can.

As Singe said the worry is the people who don’t tell us they don’t care. They just don’t go anymore. The rest is very attention seeking.

We know we are in the shit.

No. Really. 

We get it. 

Some don’t want to “get behind the team” because they feel that a by product of that is support for the owner. 

Some don’t want to boycott the club/owner because it means not supporting the team. 

Not sure how to square that circle. But people from one group slagging off people from the other, when most concerns are shared, does nothing to help the club in the long run. 

24 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Same as liverpool's average percent of city population then attending their home games and they're top of the league.  Statistics eh

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Same as liverpool's average percent of city population then attending their home games and they're top of the league.  Statistics eh

I think you're getting a little confused with the maths mcfluffy my dear!

Roughly 10% of Liverpool's population attend their home games - ours is less than 1%. 

2 hours ago, Fanny Adams said:

When the circus in charge fuck off and people who actually care about the club take over maybe?

Well the last few owners didn't care about the club didn't care about the club so who'd to say the next ones will?

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I appreciate I may be wrong here but I took the original 'vast majority' quote to refer to the attendances at BP. Yes they are reduced by what 25%, but this does not equate to the vast majority.

Well you have put some daft posts on here but this is probably your finest effort.

If the 'vast majority' referred to was the population of Oldham-then the vast majority have never nor ever will be interested in Latics and has no context in this thread.

Archived