• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Am I the only one bored with the boring people telling everyone they are bored listening to the bores, ironically becoming a stuck record themselves :mmm:

At least we all agree on one thing, its shit but slightly less shit this week. :aplayer1:.

2 unbeaten, 2 clean sheets, 12 points off the playoffs. Onwards and upwards. 

37 minutes ago, singe said:

🍑

which is a very mildly positive response to a result and in no way talks about the behind the scenes situation or states “all is peachy” on the pitch... 

jesus... you’re a miserable sod. 

18 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

I appreciate I may be wrong here but I took the original 'vast majority' quote to refer to the attendances at BP. Yes they are reduced by what 25%, but this does not equate to the vast majority.

Well you have put some daft posts on here but this is probably your finest effort.

If the 'vast majority' referred to was the population of Oldham-then the vast majority have never nor ever will be interested in Latics and has no context in this thread.

Maurice - I loved you as a player - one of my heroes but I would have thought you would have known that my comment was ever so slightly "tongue in cheek" - that's why I put the "lies, damned lies and statistics" quote at the end of it.

That said, as a measure of support, calculating the average of how many of your townsfolk turn out to watch your town's team is a pretty reliable indicator in statistical terms. It generally creates a level playing field. Mcfluff's mathematical slip up about Liverpool, ironically highlighted it very well i.e. one in ten of Liverpool's population support Liverpool. If you add in the Everton support too - roughly around one in five or six Liverpool people support their team. In Oldham, that statistic is now as low as 1 in a 100.

Tells you all you need to know.

P.S. Sorry for boring some of the other contributors - you can ignore me you know!

49 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

which is a very mildly positive response to a result and in no way talks about the behind the scenes situation or states “all is peachy” on the pitch... 

jesus... you’re a miserable sod. 

I specifically avoided All is Peachy, knowing that would be the misinterpretation.

Archived