Youth FA Cup v Nantwich

13 minutes ago, Handsy said:

How’s Emmerson doing  BP

4 up. .Emmerson just scored, very raw as to be expected.

The striker McKinney looks an outstanding prospect. Superb ball control and skill.

1 minute ago, Sparkleking said:

Who was the lad we had/have (?) on our books.  Very long hair!  Supposed to be good.  Is he still around/playing?

The winger Williams, short hair now, very small, but tricky..did well.

Probably the best set of quality youths I've seen in many years, ok it was lowly opposition, but Nantwich never gave up and their giant keeper was top notch.(must sign him).

Hard to pick out any individuals out, but striker McKinney stood out for me with some mesmerising close skills.

Will be interesting to see how they fare against  higher opposition, I'm sure they will do well though.

Usually only a couple come though youth set ups, but there's at least half a dozen here who could make the grade judging on individual ability.

The coaching staff are to commended for producing so many exciting  prospects, some of whom we have seen appear in the first team already on merit.

43 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

Cheers BP.  Is he called Jack?

Yes, 16yo now I think.

What was encouraging about this team is most are16 and under.

The 15yo centre forward  Emmerson is going to be a real handful, and for a big lad has a fair turn of pace.

Goalkeeper..Big and strong. 

Full backs both quick and good on the ball.

Centre backs both powerful

Midfield both  ran the show

Wingers both quick and direct

Strikers both great prospects, can see big money in for them. 

It was also pleasing to see the 3 subs look good prospects too.

The big striker who came on for about 15 minutes was very impressive.

Looking at this my impression is all the boys are responding to the coaching management, who are doing a terrific job.

I'm not getting carried away because it was only Nantwich as the individual ability in all our youths was plain to see.

It didn't take Dino long to spot this.

The first team is struggling now, but the future looks bright if we can bring these lads through.

I can’t recall watching a more one sided game than tonight.

As BP said, a 12-0 win wouldn’t have flattered us.

ahh, the exuberant of youth with our finishing, some fantastic goalkeeping and just some sheer bad luck.....

11 Williams was my MOM amongst many strong performances all around him.

DC impressed me. Passive, respectful but certainly ‘on it’. 

Our boys are in good hands, they worked hard for him from min 1-90.

Credit must go to Nantwich for their resilience and attitude - both team and staff.

£3 well spent tonight for sure.

Very strong team that last night, expected 6 or 7-0 tbh. Not seen any of it but know a lot of the names via my son. Recently been very happy to see Emerson, McHale, McKinney etc all involved. Think of Stott and Hamer as established first teamers now!! Progress of Jack Williams seems to have slown down, but not concerned as he probably isn't even 17 yet!!

Shoutout to Kielan Adams jus so you don't feel left out 😎

Some potentially very bright futures in the set up..

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Probably the best set of quality youths I've seen in many years, ok it was lowly opposition, but Nantwich never gave up and their giant keeper was top notch.(must sign him).

Hard to pick out any individuals out, but striker McKinney stood out for me with some mesmerising close skills.

Will be interesting to see how they fare against  higher opposition, I'm sure they will do well though.

Usually only a couple come though youth set ups, but there's at least half a dozen here who could make the grade judging on individual ability.

The coaching staff are to commended for producing so many exciting  prospects, some of whom we have seen appear in the first team already on merit.

Agree that it’s rare if more than one or two make it to the first team. The drop out rate from most clubs’ Academy set ups has, sadly,  always been high. There have been exceptions (class of ‘92j but they were properly schooled at Boundary Park juniors 😉

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Very strong team that last night, expected 6 or 7-0 tbh. Not seen any of it but know a lot of the names via my son. Recently been very happy to see Emerson, McHale, McKinney etc all involved. Think of Stott and Hamer as established first teamers now!! Progress of Jack Williams seems to have slown down, but not concerned as he probably isn't even 17 yet!!

Shoutout to Kielan Adams jus so you don't feel left out 😎

Some potentially very bright futures in the set up..

But for their superb goalkeeper (who have recommended we sign even though ours is very good) it would have been a cricket score Monty.

I think Adam's is too old for the youth team, but would probably struggle to displace these two excellent strikers anyway.

William's is an old fashioned left winger very quick and tricky, but like many wide men relies on the ball to his feet, if he gets the service he will deliver.

Morais is the ideal person to take him under his wing (no pun intended).😁

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But for their superb goalkeeper (who have recommended we sign even though ours is very good) it would have been a cricket score Monty.

I think Adam's is too old for the youth team, but would probably struggle to displace these two excellent strikers anyway.

William's is an old fashioned left winger very quick and tricky, but like many wide men relies on the ball to his feet, if he gets the service he will deliver.

Morais is the ideal person to take him under his wing (no pun intended).😁

Sounds very promising. Hope we swap the Natwich keeper for Zabret! Can't see the point of him being here. Be good to have 2 youth keepers vying for a space.

5 hours ago, singe said:

Sounds very promising. Hope we swap the Natwich keeper for Zabret! Can't see the point of him being here. Be good to have 2 youth keepers vying for a space.

Been informed the Nantwich keeper is year 2 so unlikely we will be moving in for him considering the one we have already is very good. 

Be interesting to see what happens to him.

Archived