Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BP1960

Youth FA Cup v Nantwich

Recommended Posts

1 up after 15 mins..looks a very good Latics youth team though Nantwich to their credit  are not giving up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latics miss pen..Speed  scorer of opening goal brought  down..got the right name that lad too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Williams is in the side.  How's he developing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I see Williams is in the side.  How's he developing?

 

Very small, but tricky and laid the first goal on a plate..number 9 McKinney impressive...bags of skill 

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half time 2-0

All played well with the pick for me right back Hackett, left winger William's and striker McKinney.

The tall quick number 9 Callum Parker of Nantwich is worth another look.

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Handsy said:

How’s Emmerson doing  BP

 

4 up. .Emmerson just scored, very raw as to be expected.

The striker McKinney looks an outstanding prospect. Superb ball control and skill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latics number 6 looks lke. Tarkowski. terrific left foot.

The Nantwich keeper must be 6ft 6ins..made some terrific saves. I'd definitely sign him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who was the lad we had/have (?) on our books.  Very long hair!  Supposed to be good.  Is he still around/playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sparkleking said:

Who was the lad we had/have (?) on our books.  Very long hair!  Supposed to be good.  Is he still around/playing?

 

The winger Williams, short hair now, very small, but tricky..did well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BP1960 said:

 

The winger Williams, short hair now, very small, but tricky..did well.

Cheers BP.  Is he called Jack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished 4-1, could have been 12 but for the terrific Nantwich goalkeeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the best set of quality youths I've seen in many years, ok it was lowly opposition, but Nantwich never gave up and their giant keeper was top notch.(must sign him).

Hard to pick out any individuals out, but striker McKinney stood out for me with some mesmerising close skills.

Will be interesting to see how they fare against  higher opposition, I'm sure they will do well though.

Usually only a couple come though youth set ups, but there's at least half a dozen here who could make the grade judging on individual ability.

The coaching staff are to commended for producing so many exciting  prospects, some of whom we have seen appear in the first team already on merit.

 

 

 

 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

Cheers BP.  Is he called Jack?

 Yes, 16yo now I think.

What was encouraging about this team is most are16 and under.

The 15yo centre forward  Emmerson is going to be a real handful, and for a big lad has a fair turn of pace.

Goalkeeper..Big and strong. 

Full backs both quick and good on the ball.

Centre backs both powerful

Midfield both  ran the show

Wingers both quick and direct

Strikers both great prospects, can see big money in for them. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was also pleasing to see the 3 subs look good prospects too.

The big striker who came on for about 15 minutes was very impressive.

Looking at this my impression is all the boys are responding to the coaching management, who are doing a terrific job.

I'm not getting carried away because it was only Nantwich as the individual ability in all our youths was plain to see.

It didn't take Dino long to spot this.

The first team is struggling now, but the future looks bright if we can bring these lads through.

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t recall watching a more one sided game than tonight.

As BP said, a 12-0 win wouldn’t have flattered us.

ahh, the exuberant of youth with our finishing, some fantastic goalkeeping and just some sheer bad luck.....

11 Williams was my MOM amongst many strong performances all around him.

DC impressed me. Passive, respectful but certainly ‘on it’. 

Our boys are in good hands, they worked hard for him from min 1-90.

Credit must go to Nantwich for their resilience and attitude - both team and staff.

£3 well spent tonight for sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very strong team that last night, expected 6 or 7-0 tbh. Not seen any of it but know a lot of the names via my son. Recently been very happy to see Emerson, McHale, McKinney etc all involved. Think of Stott and Hamer as established first teamers now!! Progress of Jack Williams seems to have slown down, but not concerned as he probably isn't even 17 yet!!

Shoutout to Kielan Adams jus so you don't feel left out 😎

Some potentially very bright futures in the set up..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Probably the best set of quality youths I've seen in many years, ok it was lowly opposition, but Nantwich never gave up and their giant keeper was top notch.(must sign him).

Hard to pick out any individuals out, but striker McKinney stood out for me with some mesmerising close skills.

Will be interesting to see how they fare against  higher opposition, I'm sure they will do well though.

Usually only a couple come though youth set ups, but there's at least half a dozen here who could make the grade judging on individual ability.

The coaching staff are to commended for producing so many exciting  prospects, some of whom we have seen appear in the first team already on merit.

 

 

Agree that it’s rare if more than one or two make it to the first team. The drop out rate from most clubs’ Academy set ups has, sadly,  always been high. There have been exceptions (class of ‘92j but they were properly schooled at Boundary Park juniors 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Very strong team that last night, expected 6 or 7-0 tbh. Not seen any of it but know a lot of the names via my son. Recently been very happy to see Emerson, McHale, McKinney etc all involved. Think of Stott and Hamer as established first teamers now!! Progress of Jack Williams seems to have slown down, but not concerned as he probably isn't even 17 yet!!

Shoutout to Kielan Adams jus so you don't feel left out 😎

Some potentially very bright futures in the set up..

 

But for their superb goalkeeper (who have recommended we sign even though ours is very good) it would have been a cricket score Monty.

I think Adam's is too old for the youth team, but would probably struggle to displace these two excellent strikers anyway.

William's is an old fashioned left winger very quick and tricky, but like many wide men relies on the ball to his feet, if he gets the service he will deliver.

Morais is the ideal person to take him under his wing (no pun intended).😁

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

But for their superb goalkeeper (who have recommended we sign even though ours is very good) it would have been a cricket score Monty.

I think Adam's is too old for the youth team, but would probably struggle to displace these two excellent strikers anyway.

William's is an old fashioned left winger very quick and tricky, but like many wide men relies on the ball to his feet, if he gets the service he will deliver.

Morais is the ideal person to take him under his wing (no pun intended).😁

Sounds very promising. Hope we swap the Natwich keeper for Zabret! Can't see the point of him being here. Be good to have 2 youth keepers vying for a space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, singe said:

Sounds very promising. Hope we swap the Natwich keeper for Zabret! Can't see the point of him being here. Be good to have 2 youth keepers vying for a space.

 

 

Been informed the Nantwich keeper is year 2 so unlikely we will be moving in for him considering the one we have already is very good. 

Be interesting to see what happens to him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...