Youth FA Cup v Nantwich

18 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, 16yo now I think.

What was encouraging about this team is most are16 and under.

The 15yo centre forward  Emmerson is going to be a real handful, and for a big lad has a fair turn of pace.

Goalkeeper..Big and strong. 

Full backs both quick and good on the ball.

Centre backs both powerful

Midfield both  ran the show

Wingers both quick and direct

Strikers both great prospects, can see big money in for them. 

As long as they don't leave for a pittance and join a Prem. club, only to disappear 

40 minutes ago, al_bro said:

As long as they don't leave for a pittance and join a Prem. club, only to disappear 

It's the most likely scenario. I'll get a bit more excited further on in the competition. Struggling to believe that the Nantwich youth system is a great yardstick. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's the most likely scenario. I'll get a bit more excited further on in the competition. Struggling to believe that the Nantwich youth system is a great yardstick. 

It wasn't so much the opposition Dave, it was the individual techniques these lads showed, far better than in recent years.

McKinney for example with his excellent close control, not seen that since way back with Wayne Harrison.

Of course talented lads can fall by the wayside, but I'm optimistic many of these will come through with I think 6 already appearing in the first team squad.

Dino mentioned a training match first team v the youth team and I wonder if it was then he spotted some good prospects.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It wasn't so much the opposition Dave, it was the individual techniques these lads showed, far better than in recent years.

McKinney for example with his excellent close control, not seen that since way back with Wayne Harrison.

Of course talented lads can fall by the wayside, but I'm optimistic many of these will come through with I think 6 already appearing in the first team squad.

Dino mentioned a training match first team v the youth team and I wonder if it was then he spotted some good prospects.

Hope you're right. I've interpreted the appearance of youths on the first team bench as Dino making a point to Mo which I applaud wholeheartedly. 

Guest Stanley30
On 10/29/2019 at 10:28 PM, BP1960 said:

Yes, 16yo now I think.

What was encouraging about this team is most are16 and under.

The 15yo centre forward  Emmerson is going to be a real handful, and for a big lad has a fair turn of pace.

Goalkeeper..Big and strong. 

Full backs both quick and good on the ball.

Centre backs both powerful

Midfield both  ran the show

Wingers both quick and direct

Strikers both great prospects, can see big money in for them. 

This appears to be a tad OTT. Basically sack the first team it's the class of 92 mark 2

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

They are good players, it's all about attitude and application now..

True, this is where many talented youngsters can fail, they need to be single minded and ignore peer pressure from so called mates which can harm their future.

Unfortunately, some can't do this and ruin what could be a great career.

Hope all our lads can avoid these pitfalls and I'm sure the coaches will set them on the right path.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived