Northampton (H)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, singe said:

Well, you don't chuck good money after bad. Our money is being frittered away.

It's the way the budget is spent that's the issue.
Up to Abdallah & Mo to make the first move, they're in the driving seat. They've had 2 1/2 years to get a grip.

We are crying out for a Target man and we badly need  one  but  due to these EFL rules transfer fees are based around the money generated by home attendances?? So if thats the case the qulity of signing will be poor im basing this on about 1000 paying customers twice a month ?.

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

We are crying out for a Target man and we badly need  one  but  due to these EFL rules transfer fees are based around the money generated by home attendances?? So if thats the case the qulity of signing will be poor im basing this on about 1000 paying customers twice a month ?.

Early on in the season it was apparent we needed a target man, spunking the budget on poor midfielders before and after the season started is one of the reasons we ain't going to get a decent target man. 

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Like I said before, the squad has been poorly assembled, we could have had 10 less dross playerswho were no whre near making an appearance and have money for a striker.  We won't get a 30 a season , and we struggle to get a 20 a season, but we could easily get miles better than we have.

A disproportionaly higher amount would always be spent on strikers, and we've probably spent more on midfielders than strikers, most like more on defence and probably keepers.

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Early on in the season it was apparent we needed a target man, spunking the budget on poor midfielders before and after the season started is one of the reasons we ain't going to get a decent target man. 

And Dino is on the receiving end of this now, and having to work with what hes got, and hes not doing to bad,  its square pegs in round holes though.. get a win on Sunday and its an extra £30000 . 

Just now, Frankies6 said:

And Dino is on the receiving end of this now, and having to work with what hes got, and hes not doing to bad,  its square pegs in round holes though.. get a win on Sunday and its an extra £30000 . 

Absolutely, but because of hios actions, is anyone confident that £30k would be spent on a striker?

57 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

we generally know what happens to business that dont have enough customers,  they fold .. we are no different... 

We also generally know what happens to businesses that treat their customers like shit and regularly churn out a terrible product.

I don't think anyone is getting on Dinos case, it's an impossible job given the 3 clowns running the show. 

15 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

What about if they [AL/ML] hadn't spent money on;

39. Gregor Zabret (season-long loan from Swansea)

4. Sonhy Sefil (2020)

5. Ashley Smith-Brown (season-long loan from Plymouth)

10. Mohamed Maouche (2020)

11. Gevaro Nepomuceno (2020) and then loaned him out.

13. Florian Gonzales (2020 plus option)

22. Dominic McHale (2020)

9. Urko Vera (2020)

19. Désiré Sègbè Azankpo (2020 plus option)

21. Marvin Kokos (2021 plus option)

27. Kielen Adams (2020 plus option)

...as well as severance packages for Laurent Banide and Bouziane Benaraibi.... could we have afforded a decent target man/goalscorer then?

We have to give him benefit of the doubt on this one.. cant throw the book at him yet 

He's had 2 1/2 years of benefit of the doubt, and repeatedly wasted it. at what point do you think we've given him enough benefit of the doubt. You've not passed it yet, but a significant number have.

5 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

There are many things i want from my bosses but until we hit the numbers im not getting them.. no different with a div 2 side 

You ain't getting this are you?

If my boss treats me like shit I walk, I'm prepeared to put up with plenty I will happily do beyond my contracted hours and take on extra work but if it goes too far then a quick phone call or message on linkedin and I will find some where else to work.

I also have to go to work to pay bills, I don't have to go to Latics that is my and everyonelse's free time, we give it up voluntarily to support our club, if people aren't getting value for money they will find other things to do on saturday and thats what many are doing.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You ain't getting this are you?

If my boss treats me like shit I walk, I'm prepeared to put up with plenty I will happily do beyond my contracted hours and take on extra work but if it goes too far then a quick phone call or message on linkedin and I will find some where else to work.

I also have to go to work to pay bills, I don't have to go to Latics that is my and everyonelse's free time, we give it up voluntarily to support our club, if people aren't getting value for money they will find other things to do on saturday and thats what many are doing.

i understand how all this works , i also know thsy once the team starts climbing up the league fans will trickle.. fans are fickle... 

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

What about if they [AL/ML] hadn't spent money on;

39. Gregor Zabret (season-long loan from Swansea)

4. Sonhy Sefil (2020)

5. Ashley Smith-Brown (season-long loan from Plymouth)

10. Mohamed Maouche (2020)

11. Gevaro Nepomuceno (2020) and then loaned him out.

13. Florian Gonzales (2020 plus option)

22. Dominic McHale (2020)

9. Urko Vera (2020)

19. Désiré Sègbè Azankpo (2020 plus option)

21. Marvin Kokos (2021 plus option)

27. Kielen Adams (2020 plus option)

...as well as severance packages for Laurent Banide and Bouziane Benaraibi.... could we have afforded a decent target man/goalscorer then?

And even if they actually thought they were good there's zero evidence of any long term thought

14 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

This sadly (for you) doesn't stack up. Firstly, the EFL rules at L1 and L2 levels (presumably you're mean Financial Fair Play) are only advised and are not governed, which perhaps they should be (see Bury for major issue!)

On top of your claim of which supporters are partially to blame (that's my inference from a number of your posts to date), this would result in us having a small squad which possesses very little in the way of quality. In essence, it's half true. The squad possesses little quality, yet the squad size is excessive to say the least and that is down to, in my opinion, poor, lazy and scattergun recruitment from the Sporting Director.

You however claim that we have the makings of a good squad and we are vastly improving. Stats wouldn't suggest this in any way. Granted, we are 3 unbeaten (consists of 2 draws and 1 win) however we still remain 20th in the form table over the last 6 games, our 1 win coming against the Club who is bottom of that form table. We also remain just 3 points off the foot of the League Two table having won just 3 of 17 league matches.

If you go off the fact that it is hard to run on small crowds, I'd agree, it makes the situation harder than what you originally thought. That said, it's not impossible and can work if you do the right things (see Accrington Stanley)

What do they do then?

- Build a small, close knit squad - 17 of their own players, added to 5 loans and a couple of youth products who can fill in when required. Go for quality rather than quantity if you have restricted budget.

- Build strong relationships with Clubs who could send you effective loanees. Our current loanees are from Bristol City, Plymouth Argyle, Swansea City (4th choice keeper) and Crawley Town. Previously were from Leicester City, Wigan Athletic, Aston Villa and Bournemouth. No comparison really

- Build a strong community bond with local businesses and people. Our Community Trust do this in schools very well I believe but do not have the resource to tackle the local community in respect of businesses and people etc.

- Build a bond between players and supporters. We currently have none of this.

- Keep the supporters engaged and informed. Don't tell them everything but thank them for the support they give. Give them something to be proud of and look forward to throughout the week. Beer tents, special offers etc.

We don't help ourselves. There are so many questions that need to be asked. So many areas to address and so many concerns that need to be voiced. 

Push The Boundary hopes it can do this, both in a positive and effective manner!

4 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Again  we have Wheater, Egert, Smith, Morias, Eagles, Mcann,  Not all players brought in are woeful.. anyway who are you expecting to be brought in going of our "poor season ticket sales,  and recent attendances of 2500 ?? sadly busineses cut there cloth accordingly,  and football clubs have to follow suit   

I never said all players brought in are woeful.  I said that the recruitment as a whole package was woeful and didn't deserve any credit.  If my dog did a shit on your lawn I wouldn't expect any credit from you for picking it up.

9 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

- Build strong relationships with Clubs who could send you effective loanees. Our current loanees are from Bristol City, Plymouth Argyle, Swansea City (4th choice keeper) and Crawley Town. Previously were from Leicester City, Wigan Athletic, Aston Villa and Bournemouth. No comparison really

This is a big one.  Would you send a good prospect to us?

3 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

This sadly (for you) doesn't stack up. Firstly, the EFL rules at L1 and L2 levels (presumably you're mean Financial Fair Play) are only advised and are not governed, which perhaps they should be (see Bury for major issue!)

On top of your claim of which supporters are partially to blame (that's my inference from a number of your posts to date), this would result in us having a small squad which possesses very little in the way of quality. In essence, it's half true. The squad possesses little quality, yet the squad size is excessive to say the least and that is down to, in my opinion, poor, lazy and scattergun recruitment from the Sporting Director.

You however claim that we have the makings of a good squad and we are vastly improving. Stats wouldn't suggest this in any way. Granted, we are 3 unbeaten (consists of 2 draws and 1 win) however we still remain 20th in the form table over the last 6 games, our 1 win coming against the Club who is bottom of that form table. We also remain just 3 points off the foot of the League Two table having won just 3 of 17 league matches.

If you go off the fact that it is hard to run on small crowds, I'd agree, it makes the situation harder than what you originally thought. That said, it's not impossible and can work if you do the right things (see Accrington Stanley)

What do they do then?

- Build a small, close knit squad - 17 of their own players, added to 5 loans and a couple of youth products who can fill in when required. Go for quality rather than quantity if you have restricted budget.

- Build a strong community bond with local businesses and people. Our Community Trust do this in schools very well I believe but do not have the resource to tackle the local community in respect of businesses and people etc.

- Build a bond between players and supporters. We currently have none of this.

- Keep the supporters engaged and informed. Don't tell them everything but thank them for the support they give. Give them something to be proud of and look forward to throughout the week. Beer tents, special offers etc.

We don't help ourselves. There are so many questions that need to be asked. So many areas to address and so many concerns that need to be voiced. 

Push The Boundary hopes it can do this, both in a positive and effective manner!

I'd add invest some money in the Youth team, local & French.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

This is a big one.  Would you send a good prospect to us?

If I worked at a higher league Club (Premier League) probably not. Our league position certainly will not help and you're relying on good connections, friendships and previous successes.

That brings me on to my next point. You could easily argue that the loans of Iversen, Lang, Surridge and Lyden were successful (subjectively speaking) last season. As such, we should have been looking to maintain good connections with them and looking to loan from them again. We can trust them in who they plan to send and they trust us in developing those players.

Maybe the choice of head coach at the start of the season worried them, maybe there's an underlying issue with sending players here again which supporters are largely unaware of.

Certainly worries you for the future though as these relationships don't seem to be as strong as a) what they could have been and b) what they should have been following successful loan stints for their players

4 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

If I worked at a higher league Club (Premier League) probably not. Our league position certainly will not help and you're relying on good connections, friendships and previous successes.

That brings me on to my next point. You could easily argue that the loans of Iversen, Lang, Surridge and Lyden were successful (subjectively speaking) last season. As such, we should have been looking to maintain good connections with them and looking to loan from them again. We can trust them in who they plan to send and they trust us in developing those players.

Maybe the choice of head coach at the start of the season worried them, maybe there's an underlying issue with sending players here again which supporters are largely unaware of.

Certainly worries you for the future though as these relationships don't seem to be as strong as a) what they could have been and b) what they should have been following successful loan stints for their players

You can't build good relationships when you change the staff every couple of months.  Simple as that.  How could any club have any confidence that their player would be well managed and develop with us.  From good young players we've gone to cast offs and veterans

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

You can;y build good relationships when you change the staff every couple of months.  Simple as that.  How could any club have any confidence that their player would be well managed and develop with us.  From good young players we've gone to cast offs and veterans

Totally agree with you and lack of stability is a major area of concern (like quite a lot of other areas)

Simple fact is that the quality of the squad is reflected in its current league position and people in key areas need to take note and acknowledge that we as a Club are in a precarious position (certainly on the field, if people don't accept it is off it too)

Archived