Northampton (H)

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

This is a big one.  Would you send a good prospect to us?

"- Build strong relationships with Clubs who could send you effective loanees. Our current loanees are from Bristol City, Plymouth Argyle, Swansea City (4th choice keeper) and Crawley Town. Previously were from Leicester City, Wigan Athletic, Aston Villa and Bournemouth. No comparison really"

To be fair hardly any Prem Clubs loan their decent young players to ANY League Two clubs any more.....unless you can name any who are pulling up trees? We were very lucky last season with Surridge, Iverson, and Lyden.

Agree we are a shit option though. Maybe with the likes of Wheater, Mccann, and Eagles some may see the benefit of their youngsters learning from a few seasoned pros and take  a punt on us in January?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

What about if they [AL/ML] hadn't spent money on;

39. Gregor Zabret (season-long loan from Swansea)

4. Sonhy Sefil (2020)

5. Ashley Smith-Brown (season-long loan from Plymouth)

10. Mohamed Maouche (2020)

11. Gevaro Nepomuceno (2020) and then loaned him out.

13. Florian Gonzales (2020 plus option)

22. Dominic McHale (2020)

9. Urko Vera (2020)

19. Désiré Sègbè Azankpo (2020 plus option)

21. Marvin Kokos (2021 plus option)

27. Kielen Adams (2020 plus option)

...as well as severance packages for Laurent Banide and Bouziane Benaraibi.... could we have afforded a decent target man/goalscorer then?

Of that lot, I would keep Maouche and Nepomuceno. 

I can see wheater going back to Bolton after new year. Nepo we need back in new year . Stott and egert and another big CB in Clark would be ideal ! Aslong as we stay up this season I no pathetic thinking but in honest truth that is our only aim with shambles of recruitment and hiring banide who knew nothing of english football. Begind the scences let's just hope it all gets sorted and we have a club for years to come.

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Wouldn't blame him.  Promising career in danger of stalling

He's played every minute of the last 14 league games Dave since we got dicked at Bradford, and has been an ever present under Dino. Not sure what else we can offer him.....?

Just now, Londonboy said:

He's played every minute of the last 14 league games Dave since we got dicked at Bradford, and has been an ever present under Dino. Not sure what else we can offer him.....?

Consistent coaching to help him improve and make the most of his talent.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Consistent coaching to help him improve and make the most of his talent.

I'm sure that if he is one of the wantaways, then he'll soon be banished to the youth team, and sold/moved on in January....can't see it myself

1 hour ago, Oldham82 said:

I can see wheater going back to Bolton after new year. Nepo we need back in new year . Stott and egert and another big CB in Clark would be ideal ! Aslong as we stay up this season I no pathetic thinking but in honest truth that is our only aim with shambles of recruitment and hiring banide who knew nothing of english football. Begind the scences let's just hope it all gets sorted and we have a club for years to come.

I would think that the seasoned pro is either Wheater or Eagles. Wheater seems to be playing like he's lost interest, so it's most likely him. However if he does want to go, we should be asking for a fee, and Bolton don't have the cash.

55 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I'm sure that if he is one of the wantaways, then he'll soon be banished to the youth team, and sold/moved on in January....can't see it myself

I believe coaches have been encouraged to select him in the team to showcase his ability.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You can't build good relationships when you change the staff every couple of months.  Simple as that.  How could any club have any confidence that their player would be well managed and develop with us.  From good young players we've gone to cast offs and veterans

That's one of the main advantages of the Sporting Director role.

Oh bugger.

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

There are loads that have been dire for us but decent elsewhere.  What';s the common factor?

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Good player everywhere else. Makes you think.

And how many of them have we seen over the years?

Not just confined to present ownership despite your attempts to correlate the two.

Been a strikers graveyard for years.

32 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And how many of them have we seen over the years?

Not just confined to present ownership despite your attempts to correlate the two.

Been a strikers graveyard for years.

Fair point. At least they'll probably break the cycle as their are precious few of this lot that will shine elsewhere 😂

Archived