Northampton (H)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

If this is true i would hazard a guess at Wheater and Chris Eagles...

Or McCann? Or Morais? Or could it possibly be any of the #frenchlads?

I would also imagine Zabret is pretty pissed off at not even making the bench. It's not doing his career much good. Unless he's already gone back and the club, somewhat surprisingly, haven't announced it.

58 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And how many of them have we seen over the years?

Not just confined to present ownership despite your attempts to correlate the two.

Been a strikers graveyard for years.

Very true, making good players into ordinary ones certainly isn't exclusive to the current ownership. Makes you think.

13 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Just read back-what was your point?

A player who wasn't that good while he was here whos career is winding down ran rings round our current midfield.

He should have been stepping down going to Crewe. Coming here now would be a step down for him.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

A player who wasn't that good while he was here whos career is winding down ran rings round our current midfield.

He should have been stepping down going to Crewe. Coming here now would be a step down for him.

He did step down by going to Crewe, he was sent out on loan to a League 2 side when we were in League 1. We replaced him (and Ryan Flynn) with Benyu and Pringle. 

We didn't renew his contract when it ended after we were relegated. 

Crewe are having a good season and we are having a bad season (the worst in 50 years). Doesn't mean we won't be playing Crewe in the League next season. 

On 11/6/2019 at 9:44 AM, jorvik_latic said:

We've wasted wages on very poor players, the income isn't the issue.

Wheater - 1 year deal

Egert - 1 year deal plus option

Smith - Loan til the end of the season

Morais - Loan til the end of the season

Eagles - 1 year deal plus option

Mcann - Short term deal, not specified

The best players you've mentioned have all been signed on short term deals, that's not a decent recruitment strategy. We have to do it all again every season.

Folk simply can’t use this reasoning to slate AL after hand-sitting and watching Corney do exactly this for nigh on 10 years. The worst it got was the summer of Steve Robinson with about 4 players on the books for 2 months. If anything, AL has followed his lead.

17 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Folk simply can’t use this reasoning to slate AL after hand-sitting and watching Corney do exactly this for nigh on 10 years. The worst it got was the summer of Steve Robinson with about 4 players on the books for 2 months. If anything, AL has followed his lead.

How the actual fuck do you come to that conclusion (or any of those conclusions)?! You’ve been so ridiculously contrary in recent months you’ve actually become a caricature of yourself 😆

28 minutes ago, maddog said:

How the actual fuck do you come to that conclusion (or any of those conclusions)?! You’ve been so ridiculously contrary in recent months you’ve actually become a caricature of yourself 😆

Convinced he’s wumming now. When you come round to that way of thinking, his batshit crazy responses come across as quite amusing.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

:lol: 

This is your best yet, bravo. 

9 hours ago, maddog said:

9 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Convinced he’s wumming now. When you come round to that way of thinking, his batshit crazy responses come across as quite amusing.

8 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

:lol: 

This is your best yet, bravo. 

He’s right though in one respect. 

Off the pitch- we were a shambles. LED Boards from fans money. Scouse loans. A squad of four players. Winding up orders settled at the last minute. Is that all a distant memory? 

Where Corney was vastly different to AL is on the pitch. He backed his managers. He left them alone. He didn’t install a family member on the board. He didn’t hire and hire at will. For these reasons alone I’d have Corney back given a choice between the two, but let’s not re-write history and say he ran the club well. He didn’t. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Off the pitch- we were a shambles. LED Boards from fans money. Scouse loans. A squad of four players. Winding up orders settled at the last minute. Is that all a distant memory? 

Where Corney was vastly different to AL is on the pitch. He backed his managers. He left them alone. He didn’t install a family member on the board. He didn’t hire and hire at will. For these reasons alone I’d have Corney back given a choice between the two, but let’s not re-write history and say he ran the club well. He didn’t. 

He's not.

Just because it was shit under Corney (and it was), doesn't mean we can't be unhappy with us being shit now :dntknw:

Is fuck a fair comment. We were borrowing off Stephen Vaughan as far back as under Dickov. Just nobody wanted to believe it was happening. For everything that went on, the first real Corney out chant of substance was in his final season at Blackpool away. 

I do find it “interesting” that there are people who were involved with the Trust at the time of Corney, who effected very little, but have now stepped aside and are very vocal over the way AL is running us. And don’t go anymore. 

7 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Is fuck a fair comment. We were borrowing off Stephen Vaughan as far back as under Dickov. Just nobody wanted to believe it was happening. For everything that went on, the first real Corney out chant of substance was in his final season at Blackpool away. 

I do find it “interesting” that there are people who were involved with the Trust at the time of Corney, who effected very little, but have now stepped aside and are very vocal over the way AL is running us. And don’t go anymore. 

What are you "insinuating" Ross?

8 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

And I stepped aside due to the frustration of not being able to do much while Corney was there (whilst actually putting a LOT of effort in but getting nowhere) and I didn't want to waste my time doing it all over again under this charlatan. So I'm trying a different approach. What are you doing to make things better and what did you do while Corney was here?

I don't go any more because he doesn't deserve any more of my money - problem?

12 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Nobody cared because we weren't hurtling towards non league with the owners brother playing Football Manager...

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Can we send the LED boards back and get a refund? They are an annoying and distracting intrusion. 

So is the complaint here that people who previously gave Corney time aren't now giving AL the same time, even though they were wrong to give Corney time at the time, and despite AL showing nothing to warrant being given more time at the current time?

🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So is the complaint here that people who previously gave Corney time aren't now giving AL the same time, even though they were wrong to give Corney time at the time, and despite AL showing nothing to warrant being given more time at the current time?

🤷‍♂️

If only Scholes hadn't crashed the promotion wagon 👍

Archived