Northampton (H)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You are talking about laying down the foundations for the future and this being a nothing season. Neither of those things apply to us as we are far from a stable club and there is a lot of work to done yet to secure league status.

Surely though, readying the kids now paves the way to self sustainability thus stability. Readying the kids now will pad out the squads in the next couple of seasons. Yes, I concede that we can't flood the whole squad with youth as you need league experience but wouldn't having such kids ready mean we have more budget available for bringing in better experience? Rather than having the unknown dregs of the international transfer market, wouldn't it be better to have the more known, homegrown quantity? 

As for a nothing season; Not ready to go up, not poor enough to go down provided we can stop sacking and recruiting coaches.

18 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

Surely though, readying the kids now paves the way to self sustainability thus stability. Readying the kids now will pad out the squads in the next couple of seasons. Yes, I concede that we can't flood the whole squad with youth as you need league experience but wouldn't having such kids ready mean we have more budget available for bringing in better experience? Rather than having the unknown dregs of the international transfer market, wouldn't it be better to have the more known, homegrown quantity? 

As for a nothing season; Not ready to go up, not poor enough to go down provided we can stop sacking and recruiting coaches.

I'd rather the kids progressed in their own time, that is what the youth structure is for.

I certainly want a return to a more homegrown culture though, in fact I think it is essential.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:30 AM, HarryBosch said:

We've not conceded more than one at home since Crewe and a win tomorrow would leave us w3,d3, l3 at home (which is the makings of a decent home record) and them w3, d2, l4 away....

McCann (and dare I say it, Wheater?) improving game on game should see us remain pretty miserly.

Morais, Missilou & Wheater are all due a goal again so if one of them scores we should be good for the draw, if Azankpo or Wilson can chip in too we should win...

Ontop of this Northampton have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5.

For you gamblers out there it might be a good one for under 2.5

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Anyone notice the move away from #frenchlads? 

8 British type players in the team. 

Maybe just less interference. Manager picking the side on merit.

Maouche on the bench not going straight back in is the right move he should be made to fight for his place in the team.  

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Anyone notice the move away from #frenchlads? 

8 British type players in the team. 

Shame this wasn't the thinking when we were pissing our budget on AL's shite clients..

Just now, Wardie said:

I'm not there, my mate has the ticket instead.
Stats are showing well but they obviously don't tell the whole story.

We've played worse, the same problems in the final third but Im not as despondent as usual we have created a couple of chances. It has to be better though.

On top for most of the first half, particularly as it went on, but we got away with them hitting the bar from an easy chance. 

Eagles is at the centre of most of our moves.  Nobody's trying the final ball through though, we're snatching at half chances from outside the box too much.   

We've been awful down the right, hopefully it improves with Smith being swapped over to that side. 

Archived