Northampton (H)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What a cynical and snide bunch of shites they were by the way.... 

Even they were laughing at the decisions they were getting from the ref too. 

Makes the come back that bit more satisfying. 

Thought you were talking about South Africa for a moment there

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What a cynical and snide bunch of shites they were by the way.... 

Even they were laughing at the decisions they were getting from the ref too. 

Makes the come back that bit more satisfying. 

I hate Northampton ever since they relegated us. Their fans are weird. Celebrating relegating us and goading us despite having been relegated themselves for weeks. Reminded me of Millwall fans (in the ground anyway). 

Didn’t go but is really good to see us pull back from 2-0 with not long left. Certainly shows some good fight to the end and not throwing in the towel. Clearly got a decent spirit so although only a point some positives to take forward 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

You got to be pleased when your two down with six minutes to play. 

Unbeaten in 3. Good fighting spirit.

To those that went, were we value for a point? 

No!

Couldn’t get near the pub player holding their midfield.

Wilson’s goal was well taken, apart from that, we created nothing. 

Our two full backs were woeful on the ball again.  Morais runs around looking busy but doesn’t actually do anything.  

It was as bad as the Macclesfield game for 80mins.

2 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

No!

Couldn’t get near the pub player holding their midfield.

Wilson’s goal was well taken, apart from that, we created nothing. 

Our two full backs were woeful on the ball again.  Morais runs around looking busy but doesn’t actually do anything.  

Nah.  Have a night off mate. 

I agree with some of your points there... but it was night and day compared to the Macc game. 

11 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Completely agree. Absolutely woeful. They were garbage as well but we were even worse.

Awful again for the most part. Midfield not great although Mccan starting so show how good he is but we were 2nd best against a  team who were big and closed us down quickly. 

1 up front again. It doesnt work for us hasn't all season. Desire just can't be effective on his own. Doesn't have the football intelligence or strength for it. 

Soft first goal. We had chances to clear but didn't. 

We got back into it but largely cause of smith but we couldn't find a final ball and when we did barley had anyone in the box. 

2nd Northhampton goal how the hell did he have so much room? 

Game over or so it should have been we had 0 shots second half. Curle made a strange switch in the middle thinking it was over and we got back into it. 

Wilson on as sub more power and pace than Desire. A defensive mistake and a great finish. We have to start him then play balls down the channel for him to chase.

Smith kept on running and trying to get balls in and gets a huge stroke of luck. But it was terrible again. 451 doesn't work for us.

Thought Eagles and Morais poor. Eagles improved 2nd half.  Emmerson a kid its bad news when we dont have 3 capable forwards and have to up a 15 year old can produce magic. 

A lucky draw. We cant keep hoping to to get points playing like that. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

You got to be pleased when your two down with six minutes to play. 

Unbeaten in 3. Good fighting spirit.

To those that went, were we value for a point? 

I actually thought we weren't that bad for large parts we played quite well. We just have nothing upfront Segbe is a trier but hes not good enough. We put the ball in the box plenty of times today he didn't get on the end of anything and he cant play with his back to goal and never wins a header. He isn't clever, quick or skillfull enough to make up for those other deficiencies.

I thought Smith Eagles and Morais tried to create things. McCann gives alot more assurance on the ball in the middle. We did have a fair amount of possession we just didnt have the penetration upfront. But I thought we worth a point.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I actually thought we weren't that bad for large parts we played quite well. We just have nothing upfront Segbe is a trier but hes not good enough. We put the ball in the box plenty of times today he didn't get on the end of anything and he cant play with his back to goal and never wins a header. He isn't clever, quick or skillfull enough to make up for those other deficiencies.

I thought Smith Eagles and Morais tried to create things. McCann gives alot more assurance on the ball in the middle. We did have a fair amount of possession we just didnt have the penetration upfront. But I thought we worth a point.

Sounds like the usual problem.

Not to bad, until we hit the final third. Although I see Wilson scores again. Surely Dino needs to putting his arm around him, because he looks our best bet for a goal. 

51 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Didn’t go but is really good to see us pull back from 2-0 with not long left. Certainly shows some good fight to the end and not throwing in the towel. Clearly got a decent spirit so although only a point some positives to take forward 

I missed the comeback as I couldn’t stomach anymore, a good point I suppose. But not good enough. We were at home . We needed three. 

9 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Awful again for the most part. Midfield not great although Mccan starting so show how good he is but we were 2nd best against a  team who were big and closed us down quickly. 

1 up front again. It doesnt work for us hasn't all season. Desire just can't be effective on his own. Doesn't have the football intelligence or strength for it. 

Soft first goal. We had chances to clear but didn't. 

We got back into it but largely cause of smith but we couldn't find a final ball and when we did barley had anyone in the box. 

2nd Northhampton goal how the hell did he have so much room? 

Game over or so it should have been we had 0 shots second half. Curle made a strange switch in the middle thinking it was over and we got back into it. 

Wilson on as sub more power and pace than Desire. A defensive mistake and a great finish. We have to start him then play balls down the channel for him to chase.

Smith kept on running and trying to get balls in and gets a huge stroke of luck. But it was terrible again. 451 doesn't work for us.

Thought Eagles and Morrais was poor. Eagles improved 2nd half.  Emmerson a kid its bad news when we dont have 3 capable forwards and have to up a 15 year old can produce magic. 

A lucky draw. We cant keep hoping to to get points playing like that. 

Eagles was poor? We had zero shots in the second half before we scored?  Eh? 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sounds like the usual problem.

Not to bad, until we hit the final third. Although I see Wilson scores again. Surely Dino needs to putting his arm around him, because he looks our best bet for a goal. 

Of the 3 yes it was a good finish for his goal, but when the other 2 are Vera and Segbe its not difficult to be 1st choice. I suggest we go with Wilson with the youngsters of the bench it wont be great but it will keep our heads above water until January.

Absolutely bored stiff yet again watching that and left at 0 v 2. It really is a chore watching this shite week in week out. Such is my apathy that when I heard the final score, TBH, thought it pretty irrelevant. I can’t remember the last time I actually enjoyed a game at BP!!

Good comeback papering over a very poor performance.

We don't get enough men forward quickly enough in support. 

Feel sorry for Desire. Gets called shite but the service is appalling and nobody offers support. At least with him and Wilson up top we can close down and pressure the defence. Sat too deep again today.

Didn't even jump up when our first went in (great finish by the way) as I was too bored to give a shit.

The only positive today (a scrappy and undeserved draw at home to Northampton doesn't count) was the lad in front of me called 2-2 before kick off so I chucked a few quid on it

Maouche looked like he was trying to prove a point when he came on as well

Archived