Is Wheater playing at Gateshead ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

its been mentioned on facebook that Wheater isnt in the squad for tomorrows game,due to a club not wanting him cup tied. Can anyone confirm this ? 

I dont think wheater would play anyway as dino will probably change a few. So could be just someone figuring that out and jumping on it to make a rumour up that could look to be true if he doesn't play

28 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I dont think wheater would play anyway as dino will probably change a few. So could be just someone figuring that out and jumping on it to make a rumour up that could look to be true if he doesn't play

That would be a stupid mistake.

38 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

You think we can go there play an under strength team and win :mmm:

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

its been mentioned on facebook that Wheater isnt in the squad for tomorrows game,due to a club not wanting him cup tied. Can anyone confirm this ? 

Presumably someone who indicates that he'll be returning to Bolton? 

The same Bolton who are currently 1-0 down at home to Plymouth. 

@Lee Sinnott has indicated that Wheater won't play tomorrow, but hasn't said it is due to him not wanting to be cup tied. 

23 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

It's not what I think, it's what I think will happen

That would be utter madness. Presumably the cash for going through is crucial, we should be playing our full strength team. We haven’t played for a week and don’t play the next proper game til 6 days later. 

17 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That would be utter madness. Presumably the cash for going through is crucial, we should be playing our full strength team. We haven’t played for a week and don’t play the next proper game til 6 days later. 

I agree. We should be full strength, wilson and segbe up front. Try get a few goals and get confidence going

56 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Presumably someone who indicates that he'll be returning to Bolton? 

The same Bolton who are currently 1-0 down at home to Plymouth. 

@Lee Sinnott has indicated that Wheater won't play tomorrow, but hasn't said it is due to him not wanting to be cup tied. 

Aren’t Bolton under a transfer embargo too?  

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Aren’t Bolton under a transfer embargo too?  

Think they can only sign free agents and loans in January. The transfer embargo will end next summer. Wheater might be angling for a move on loan in January and permanent move in summer.

4 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

A weakened team (or should I say an even weaker team) wouldn't make sense.  Like last season there's a lot of potential for the club to make money and gain positive publicity from a cup run, so I'm sure we'll be fielding our best XI possible.

As for Wheater being asked to be cup tied...I wouldn't be surprised if he sees the season out and head back to Bolton next year.  I suppose there's a chance he could go back there in January...but I'd rather not think about the state of our defence if he does go.

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Nobody was beating a path to Big Wheatz door in the summer, not too sure what has changed in the meantime.

Apparently there where a few who knocked on his door but he didn't want to move his kids and we were the best option out of a poor northwest of options lol

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How many north west lower division league clubs are left?

in the bottom 2 divisions?

Blackpool, Bolton, Tranmere, Accrington Stanley, Rochdale, Morecambe, macclesfield, Oldham, Salford, Fleetwood, and Carlisle?

Hes settled in Bolton plenty of clubs in commutable distance. How many will want him is up for debate but I reckon Bolton would take him and he'd go in a heart beat.

42 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Don't get me wrong he still walks into the team but he's been really disappointing for me. I expected a really vocal leader who puts his body on the line and defends the goals like his life depends on it. Not seen much if any of that. 

I expected an upgrade on Clarke. In reality, we have a big downgrade. I wonder if he’s been affected motivationally by the ‘upstairs’ shenanigans. 

20 minutes ago, maddog said:

I expected an upgrade on Clarke. In reality, we have a big downgrade. I wonder if he’s been affected motivationally by the ‘upstairs’ shenanigans. 

I'd say his motivation has gone because noblot have been saved. They've all been paid and they're looking up again. Probably set his heart on staying there but then left just before they went bust. Only for them not to go bust, and hes stuck with a struggling league two side

7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I'd say his motivation has gone because noblot have been saved. They've all been paid and they're looking up again. Probably set his heart on staying there but then left just before they went bust. Only for them not to go bust, and hes stuck with a struggling league two side

And that’s not professional. Clarke was professional despite being unhappy with his lot. Downgrade. 

Archived