Is Wheater playing at Gateshead ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

As our resident medic where do you stand on Wheaters apparent bad back?

I remember hearing an interview with football agent Eric Hall say if a player was on the verge of a move and didn't want to play they should cry off saying they have a bad back as it couldn't be medically proven so to speak.

He could well have a bad back. Could be the sort of twinge that stops someone playing a few days afterwards. 

However, when Eric Hall was around MRIs were rare. These days some clubs have their own. You can get an MRI with a few hours notice if you are prepared to pay for it and you can be squeezed in. 

FWIW I was the resident medic but there are some actual qualified doctors on here these days. 

20 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

However, when Eric Hall was around MRIs were rare. These days some clubs have their own. You can get an MRI with a few hours notice if you are prepared to pay for it and you can be squeezed in. 

If anyone wanted to fake it they'd have a fair chance of getting away with it at our place on that basis. 

19 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I'd say his motivation has gone because noblot have been saved. They've all been paid and they're looking up again. Probably set his heart on staying there but then left just before they went bust. Only for them not to go bust, and hes stuck with a struggling league two side

Conspiracy theories are usually based on a prejudice or insufficient evidence and have a tendency to be commonplace in our mass media based society. Instead of being lunatic fringe, they are now the bloody default. Gets right on my tits. 

In Dino's post match interview, when talking about the injuries, he says we have a small squad to pick from. Says it all doesn't it. 30 odd players, of which only about 16 are considered good enough. Mainly of below average L2 players who were outplayed by a team two leagues below us.

18 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

That was dreadful today - bar for a bit of inspiration from Smith. Wouldn't have had any complaints if we'd been dumped out.

And imagine the abuse given out if we had of got knocked out ? just glad to have avoided an embarrassment, roll on the draw 

I have never read such a load of negativity. Our captain is feigning injury to go back to Bolton? Fact or more fake news for negative posters. 

Get a life! We won away in the cup on a potential banana skin. God help this forum if we’d lost!

Well done lads.....looking forward to round 2!

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

I have never read such a load of negativity. Our captain is feigning injury to go back to Bolton? Fact or more fake news for negative posters. 

Get a life! We won away in the cup on a potential banana skin. God help this forum if we’d lost!

Well done lads.....looking forward to round 2!

Sunderland not Bolton.

Archived