FA Cup 2nd round draw.....

It should have been a red but that is not automatic unless there was a clear goalscoring opportunity which of course there was.  Goalkeeper is treated in the same was as any other player if he handles outside the penalty area - had the left back caught the ball even with the keeper to beat I'm sure he would have sent him off.  He wasn't good and we got the worst of it but not a bad performance second half.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest disappointment yesterday was that in a one-off game - this awful 'pack the midfield ' was used at home again, with no strikers on the pitch (number 19 doesn't count - he is purely a headless chicken).

And not to change it until it was way too late.   Burton were there to be got at but Dino didn't have the bollocks to go for it.

22 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

I will be there next week for the protest (not the game) I really would plead for those on this board (apart from Baz/Frankie) to do the same. Word is the smug twats on the board expect 50 at best and are happy at that. We need to show these bastards we are disgusted at where they have taken our club!!

I am making the 400 mile round trip for the protest so I thought I’d take in the game as well while I’m up there 😉

45 minutes ago, rvlatic said:

The biggest disappointment yesterday was that in a one-off game - this awful 'pack the midfield ' was used at home again, with no strikers on the pitch (number 19 doesn't count - he is purely a headless chicken).

And not to change it until it was way too late.   Burton were there to be got at but Dino didn't have the bollocks to go for it.

Fair comment this.

The other thing that has disappointed me is we have signed another forward who looks in stature and ability just like the 2 we already have. 

Why are managers we get so bloody negative. 

One down at home in the cup and 2nd half every time we attacked down which ever wing there was nobody in the box !!!

Boring  Boring negative shite , how do they expect to win a game and entice fans back.

Nobody would mind so much if they had a real go and lost 2 or 3 nil , we really are the most boring side in the league to watch and have been for several years.

This thirst to find any piece of shit to throw at the club is embarrassing and really fucking pathetic...

FA cup ties at home in early rounds have notoriously been poorly attended. Mainly coz folk don’t want to pay in. Even some ST holders don’t bother with it. Having not had many home ties for a while in the FA Cup the most comparable tie would be Mansfield in the replay in 2015. That attendance was 1893. Against Donny a few seasons back we had 2900...and they brought about 4/500 if I remember right.

If I had to guess, having been there, there was about 2,200 I reckon. Pretty much standard fare.

18 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

This thirst to find any piece of shit to throw at the club is embarrassing and really fucking pathetic...

FA cup ties at home in early rounds have notoriously been poorly attended. Mainly coz folk don’t want to pay in. Even some ST holders don’t bother with it. Having not had many home ties for a while in the FA Cup the most comparable tie would be Mansfield in the replay in 2015. That attendance was 1893. Against Donny a few seasons back we had 2900...and they brought about 4/500 if I remember right.

If I had to guess, having been there, there was about 2,200 I reckon. Pretty much standard fare.

I’m with you on some of it. But we shouldn’t have to guess. It should be announced/released. We are supposedly a professional football club. 

22 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Why should you need to guess?

The surprise isn't the fact the attendance was low, it's the fact it's not been announced.

Can't recall this ever happening before.  Just adds to the confusion surrounding the way the club is being run.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The thirst to defend the shit show I would say is worse. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

The surprise isn't the fact the attendance was low, it's the fact it's not been announced.

Can't recall this ever happening before.  Just adds to the confusion surrounding the way the club is being run.

I can’t wait till the same approach is adopted for league games. Gonna throw a spanner in the works for the prediction league. If I had to guess is not gonna cut it...

Archived