FA Cup 2nd round draw.....

8 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

No arguments on the tactics front but when he does and did get the ball at feet he does and did fuck all except lose it.

Even when he was put out onto the wing he was still just being ushered down blind alleys by a forward playing at full back.

What support did he have when he got the ball to feet or was he expected to hold it up with a couple of men closing him down?

Point being if you lump balls up top aimlessly, don't have a go at the striker who isn't a target man.

If hes missing golden chances week in week out then slag him off. 

Be plenty of teams he would bag for in this division if they played to his strengths.

Never getting probably more than 12 a season but he'd do better if he was given a chance

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What support did he have when he got the ball to feet or was he expected to hold it up with a couple of men closing him down?

Point being if you lump balls up top aimlessly, don't have a go at the striker who isn't a target man.

Be plenty of teams he would bag for in this division if they played to his strengths.

Never getting probably more than 12 a season but he'd do better if he was given a chance

I'd be gladly proven wrong but I've seen nothing to suggest he's anything other than a poor striker who to his credit does run himself into the ground. 

Nothing against the guy - he works hard and clearly cares but he shouldn't have been signed in the first place and he shouldn't be starting every week now (whether in a front 1, 2 or 3). 

10 hours ago, jsslatic said:

I'd be gladly proven wrong but I've seen nothing to suggest he's anything other than a poor striker who to his credit does run himself into the ground. 

Nothing against the guy - he works hard and clearly cares but he shouldn't have been signed in the first place and he shouldn't be starting every week now (whether in a front 1, 2 or 3). 

Bang on, it's a poor team full of non league players, debating the merits of where or how to play them is frivolous given that three quarters of them are lucky to be being paid as professional footballers in the football league. 

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bang on, it's a poor team full of non league players, debating the merits of where or how to play them is frivolous given that three quarters of them are lucky to be being paid as professional footballers in the football league. 

Who is football league standard ?

Wheater, Smith, Morais, McCann, Hamer - all I can truly say are. 

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Better defenders than Hamer in the National League to be fair, if this team went down they'd be below Chesterfield. 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:18 AM, LightDN123 said:

Hamer!

I know he's "one of ours" but he's gone backwards - very poor this season. That's not to say he may not get back to better ways in a new environment. It made me laugh at Fleetwood - he had an absolute shocker (like most) but a group of our fans were applauding him towards the end when he was stood in front of them taking a throw.

In my opinion, you don't applaud a terrible showing (nor do you boo it).

On 12/2/2019 at 11:13 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Completely agree with this. Was ridiculous the amount of times on Saturday that he had to drop deep into midfield to get hold of the ball and then being asked to pass the ball like a midfielder to hiding/out of position players around him. Thus leading to him passing it away. Even the most prolific striker would be struggling to score with these tactics of lump it to the little guy and then watch him swim into midfield and try and effect the game. For me, the jury is completely out on both Desire and Wilson with the lack of support they get. And playing 1 upfront for 86 minutes was a joke too.

On 12/4/2019 at 1:06 PM, wiseowl said:

Hamer!

I know he's "one of ours" but he's gone backwards - very poor this season. That's not to say he may not get back to better ways in a new environment. It made me laugh at Fleetwood - he had an absolute shocker (like most) but a group of our fans were applauding him towards the end when he was stood in front of them taking a throw.

In my opinion, you don't applaud a terrible showing (nor do you boo it).

Totally agree with this. Only thing I'd add is I feel he's shown slightly better fare at CB than RB this season. But he wouldn't get in above Wheater and Stott so he'd be benched and Mills given a run at RB, in my eyes.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Completely agree with this. Was ridiculous the amount of times on Saturday that he had to drop deep into midfield to get hold of the ball and then being asked to pass the ball like a midfielder to hiding/out of position players around him. Thus leading to him passing it away. Even the most prolific striker would be struggling to score with these tactics of lump it to the little guy and then watch him swim into midfield and try and effect the game. For me, the jury is completely out on both Desire and Wilson with the lack of support they get. And playing 1 upfront for 86 minutes was a joke too.

Dino says Akpo is different to these two and s a target man. So logically, either Wilson or Segbe should be played alongside him. We will see if that happens.

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I've no clue as to whether this is right but I strongly suspect it is. I just can't get my head round why you give any credence to the people who put the team in this position through their appalling recruitment. 

31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I've no clue as to whether this is right but I strongly suspect it is. I just can't get my head round why you give any credence to the people who put the team in this position through their appalling recruitment. 

Because he’s now shifting the blame to the manager? 😊

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Is this what you’ve become now Dave? Another one that wants to shut down on-the-pitch discussions and divert it back to this thirst to attack those running the club? Another one who isn’t  happy unless you’ve diverted every topic on OWTB back to your favourite discussion???

This was a topic about the game but good effort 👍🏻

If you want to discuss the playing side great...if not, just move on from topics that do or even better, do us both a favour and stick me on “ignore” 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Is this what you’ve become now Dave? Another one that wants to shut down on-the-pitch discussions and divert it back to this thirst to attack those running the club? Another one who isn’t  happy unless you’ve diverted every topic on OWTB back to your favourite discussion???

This was a topic about the game but good effort 👍🏻

If you want to discuss the playing side great...if not, just move on from topics that do or even better, do us both a favour and stick me on “ignore” 👍🏻

The two subjects are completely intertwined. 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The two subjects are completely intertwined. 

Let’s roll back to STR/SAFE days when we knew one another personally...I don’t recall you being so militant and pushy about not discussing games or players like Steve Whitehall, Paul Rickers and co. just so we could have a good old David Brierley/Alan Hardy/JW Lees bashing. Strange that. 

It is possible to watch players on a pitch and see their strengths, weaknesses, how they’d be better employed and get the best out of what you’ve got. And the managers capability to do so.  And come on here and discuss that. 

Of course, that doesn’t sit well with this neurotic constant rhetoric. As I say...not all OWTB topics have to head that way. Call the messageboard cops. How dare we discuss the games and players 🙈

4 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

He will ignore the fact that the Lemmies hired this manager he's constantly criticising btw

You’re such a bellend you can’t see that I’ve criticised the club in the past for sacking Banide. Clear example of only seeing what suits your agenda 👍🏻 

43 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Let’s roll back to STR/SAFE days when we knew one another personally...I don’t recall you being so militant and pushy about not discussing games or players like Steve Whitehall, Paul Rickers and co. just so we could have a good old David Brierley/Alan Hardy/JW Lees bashing. Strange that. 

It is possible to watch players on a pitch and see their strengths, weaknesses, how they’d be better employed and get the best out of what you’ve got. And the managers capability to do so.  And come on here and discuss that. 

Of course, that doesn’t sit well with this neurotic constant rhetoric. As I say...not all OWTB topics have to head that way. Call the messageboard cops. How dare we discuss the games and players 🙈

You’re such a bellend you can’t see that I’ve criticised the club in the past for sacking Banide. Clear example of only seeing what suits your agenda 👍🏻 

The two situations are night and day.  I guess we'll just agree to differ. 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I would expect criticism from all parts on that decision in fairness - even from you, you bulb.

I mean after all, we are talking about THE MAN WHO WON EVERYTHING THERE IS TO WIN WITH AL KUWAIT

Archived