FA Cup 2nd round draw.....

15 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

well stop gojng if you've had enough, no one is putting a gun to your head to go attend games..

These kind of comments infuriate me and many other supporters. I'm 25, My first game was when I was 3 and had a season ticket in plenty of seasons since. I make probably 40+ games a season and I still attend. I am however, rapidly losing faith with the ownership and feel that the Club I fell in love with (back in 97 so missed the 'glory days') has been and continues to be decimated!

Now, supporters who have been going two/three times longer than I have, are now choosing to stay away because of how disconnected and discontented they feel about the running of the club and all "supporters" like you can say is stuff like

"well stop going if you've had enough, nobody is putting a gun to your head to attend games"

I'll tell you something, I have no idea who the person is, (probably do by sight) who you have said this too but hazard a guess you've either said this or will continue to say this to others who have taken the difficult choice to "boycott" or "lost the will to go" games. THEN, on top of that, you moan about the fans not supporting the Club as the Club cannot function without these supporters. 

In ALL of this, whichever side of the fence you are on, you have to remember one thing here. 

We, the supporters were here before this owner, before the previous owner and the owner before that. We will still be there beyond this owner and as such it's OUR club and the Lemsagam's are the current custodians of it. Whichever way OAFC goes, the supporters will love this Club way more than any owner does (unless the owner is a die hard Latics fan too) and they/we are the lifeblood of Oldham Athletic

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

These are the kind of comments infuriate me and many other supporters. I'm 25, My first game was when I was 3 and had a season ticket in plenty of seasons since. I make probably 40+ games a season and I still attend. I am however, rapidly losing faith with the ownership and feel that the Club I fell in love with (back in 97 so missed the 'glory days') has been and continues to be decimated!

Now, supporters who have been going two/three times longer than I have, are now choosing to stay away because of how disconnected and discontented they feel about the running of the club and all "supporters" like you can say is stuff like

"well stop going if you've had enough, nobody is putting a gun to your head to attend games"

I'll tell you something, I have no idea who the person is, (probably do by sight) who you have said this too but hazard a guess you've either said this or will continue to say this to others who have taken the difficult choice to "boycott" or "lost the will to go" games. THEN, on top of that, you moan about the fans not supporting the Club as the Club cannot function without these supporters. 

In ALL of this, whichever side of the fence you are on, you have to remember one thing here. 

We, the supporters were here before this owner, before the previous owner and the owner before that. We will still be there beyond this owner and as such it's OUR club and the Lemsagam's are the current custodians of it. Whichever way OAFC goes, the supporters will love this Club way more than any owner does (unless the owner is a die hard Latics fan too) and they/we are the lifeblood of Oldham Athletic

The thing Frankie et al are forgetting is that Abdallah needs the lapsed and becoming lapsed fans far more than they need him.

3 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

We will still be there beyond this owner 

Agree with the whole post bar this. The club will lose supporters long term. It is very easy to fall out of the habit of attending both time and money wise. I've not been since Scholes walked and currently wouldn't know if I could start back into again. People move on. The sooner the tumour is removed the better as we will lose fans and probably already have am I mean that long term.

We are shite, have been for ages. If someone walks who knows if they will come back? I know two season ticket holders who both have refused to return once TTA's knocked down the Lookers. Simply stopped going, it does and will happen.

This is why the pissing about of the trust has been so annoying. Action should have started last season. We are many fans down and that will continue. We wont get them all back.

8 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Shit draw.  Game we can easily lose.  Will be Saturday afternoon as many better fixtures for Friday, Sunday and Monday.  Attendance unlikely to exceed 3,000 in total.

It’s at home. After seven successive away draws that lifts it above shit for me.

32 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Shit draw.  Game we can easily lose.  Will be Saturday afternoon as many better fixtures for Friday, Sunday and Monday.  Attendance unlikely to exceed 3,000 in total.

We can easily lose any game these days.....if it’s Burton sub 3000 nailed on,  if it’s Salford I would expect a decent crowd.

18 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Because It could just as easily go straight into AL’s pocket!!

I certainly don’t enjoy my Saturday afternoons now....This is not in anyway shape or form the club I’ve supported for 60 years....I would rather take a chance now because by the time he fucks off voluntarily we could be beyond help!!!

Yes he was, however we had Lang and Surridge then who made a huge difference to our play. We have totally regressed since then and the 🤡🤡 have shown that they have absolutely no idea how to run a professional football club both on and off the pitch!!

**********ABDALLAH OUT**********

16 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

well stop gojng if you've had enough, no one is putting a gun to your head to go attend games..

4 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

These kind of comments infuriate me and many other supporters.

Many other supporters also respect every other supporters right to still attend if that's what they want to do,

to stop going if that's what they want to do,

to go on & on about the fact that they're not going anymore, 

or to express boredom with people going on & on about the fact they don't go anymore or that they're strongly considering not going anymore....

And debate, agree or disagree with any and all of it....

Each to their own....

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Many other supporters also respect every other supporters right to still attend if that's what they want to do,

to stop going if that's what they want to do,

to go on & on about the fact that they're not going anymore, 

or to express boredom with people going on & on about the fact they don't go anymore or that they're strongly considering not going anymore....

And debate, agree or disagree with any and all of it....

Each to their own....

I think we should draw a line under it. We all know who is now a stay away, who says they're not going to carry on going and who does still attend. Let's l just assume those positions are still the case and let us know if it changes. Cheers guys

If we can't vent, if we can't organise, if we can't compalin, if we can't criticise, then what is the point?

As equally as no one is forcing you to attend, no one is forcing you to read, and block those if you are tired of reading frustrations.

The only way it can become positive is by positive actions of the owner and his brother. A lot of indications it is going to get worse before it gets better.

This Board will become a happy clapper Abdallah fanboy love in only over my dead body.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I think we should draw a line under it. We all know who is now a stay away, who says they're not going to carry on going and who does still attend. Let's l just assume those positions are still the case and let us know if it changes. Cheers guys

I usually stop reading if someone says “guys” and you put it right at the fucking end 🤨

9 minutes ago, singe said:

If we can't vent, if we can't organise, if we can't compalin, if we can't criticise, then what is the point?

As equally as no one is forcing you to attend, no one is forcing you to read, and block those if you are tired of reading frustrations.

The only way it can become positive is by positive actions of the owner and his brother. A lot of indications it is going to get worse before it gets better.

This Board will become a happy clapper Abdallah fanboy love in only over my dead body.

Don't really recognise anyone on here in your last sentence. Some are less vociferous than others but I think the vast majority know what a mess we're in. It's just a bit boring reading  the same old crap all the time whichever "camp" you're perceived to be in.

ps The word camp is in no way meant as a homophobic remark whatsoever.

..........just so you know.

17 hours ago, singe said:

The thing Frankie et al are forgetting is that Abdallah needs the lapsed and becoming lapsed fans far more than they need him.

Its all abit sad really those who are staying away are the ones who are complaining about the standard of signings..Who are you epecting to be brought in on gates of 3000+ ? 

49 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Its all abit sad really those who are staying away are the ones who are complaining about the standard of signings..Who are you epecting to be brought in on gates of 3000+ ? 

Egg meet chicken, chicken meet egg. 

17 hours ago, singe said:

I just think people are tired of reading lengthy rants about the Lemsagams in every single thread that is ever created on here.... this one got to about 20 posts before it inevitably turned into yet another anti-AL thread.

4 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

You can't keep repeating this when we've spunked a load of money on crap players that don't play.

4 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

10 Print "blame the fans"

20 Go to 10

2 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

I just think people are tired of reading lengthy rants about the Lemsagams in every single thread that is ever created on here.... this one got to about 20 posts before it inevitably turned into yet another anti-AL thread.

It's tiring watching people stick their heads in the sand, and just shrug their shoulders.

7 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Who are you epecting to be brought in on gates of 3000+ ? 

Please Frankies, could we have some players like those they regularly have at our Lancashire neighbours Rochdale, Accrington or Fleetwood (all of whom have generally experienced lower average gates than us for many years).

1 hour ago, singe said:

It's tiring watching people stick their heads in the sand, and just shrug their shoulders.

So your solution is to write ABDALLAH OUT/GET THESE CLOWNS OUT at every given opportunity & call anyone that doesn't join in a 'happy clapper'. Give it a rest pal.

Archived