FA Cup 2nd round draw.....

41 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Hopefully Burton will drill us and deny those tossers in our boardroom much needed funds. Tick tock. 

But if the Lemmies are looking for a way out, wouldn’t an FA Cup windfall allow them to exit more easily?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JohnnyPimp said:

But if the Lemmies are looking for a way out, wouldn’t an FA Cup windfall allow them to exit more easily?

If they have the monies available to play footy manager why would they stop? "Hang on Mo, we have made £500,000 because we drew Arsenal in the 3rd round". Hardly going to walk away then are they?

The only way they are going is when they are forced to IMO.

18 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/november/20112019-fac2r-ticket-details/

Another missed opportunity.....

Why not offer admission for a tenner and under 16's go free and try and get a few more in?

City are away, and United not playing until Sunday

We never learn...

Or maybe he's not arsed anymore......

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Price has to be agreed by Burton - maybe they pointed out that they are from a higher division and well worth the fifteen pounds adult admission? 🤔

That could be it. I'm sure the clubs share the gate receipts in the Cup (can't recall the percentage), so they wouldn't want much of a reduction. With our home gates, they won't get a huge pay day anyway.

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

That could be it. I'm sure the clubs share the gate receipts in the Cup (can't recall the percentage), so they wouldn't want much of a reduction. With our home gates, they won't get a huge pay day anyway.

Correct,  but there will probably be more at Latics than there would have been at Burton. 

16 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Price has to be agreed by Burton - maybe they pointed out that they are from a higher division and well worth the fifteen pounds adult admission? 🤔

Given that Burton charged £10 and £12 (seating) for the first round, suggests it may be a bright idea from both sets of Clubs. Feel it will eliminate a few of the hardcore support who would have bothered at £10 but see £15 for a game where we are underdogs at home to Burton Albion in round 2 of the FA Cup in early December a steep admission price.

Personally, I'd have had it at a tenner. £15 has left me unsure.

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

Given that Burton charged £10 and £12 (seating) for the first round, suggests it may be a bright idea from both sets of Clubs. Feel it will eliminate a few of the hardcore support who would have bothered at £10 but see £15 for a game where we are underdogs at home to Burton Albion in round 2 of the FA Cup in early December a steep admission price.

Personally, I'd have had it at a tenner. £15 has left me unsure.

Happens I was incorrect. Always thought it was mutually agreed however having gone through the FA Handbook (had to for work) it states the following:

"Competition Proper Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions"

37 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Happens I was incorrect. Always thought it was mutually agreed however having gone through the FA Handbook (had to for work) it states the following:

"Competition Proper Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions"

Changed in 2017 apparently. This rule that admission prices must be mutually agreed still applies for the qualifying rounds of the competition, but it no longer applies to all rounds up to the semi-finals as it did before.

It does go on to say “The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.“

Burton at home in the 2nd round does not appeal to me at all and the attendance could be a new low, If there was ever the possibility of a £10 FA Cup game then this was it...having said that £5 would be nearer the mark!!

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Burton at home in the 2nd round does not appeal to me at all and the attendance could be a new low, If there was ever the possibility of a £10 FA Cup game then this was it...having said that £5 would be nearer the mark!!

I really don’t think a £10 price point would have made much of a difference.

At least it’s cheaper than usual and we’ll get to see a team from a higher division. 😔

17 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I really don’t think a £10 price point would have made much of a difference.

At least it’s cheaper than usual and we’ll get to see a team from a higher division. 😔

The idea that £10 or £15 makes little difference I don't see as correct. It does to me personally. I'd have had it at £10, at £15 however I am unsure. I should imagine that plenty of others will be in the same boat. 

Albeit reduced prices, we have been to all the FA Cup games away from home watching Oldham over the past year or 2 in the FA Cup with pricing at £10 including Premier League Fulham and League One Doncaster Rovers.

For me, it's slightly excessive given what we have had to watch to date this season and in a game where a cup shock (how sad) isn't that likely when we have played 2 League One teams so far this season and lost the games by 3 goals both times (Accrington & Fleetwood) whilst playing a relatively strong lineup and them making changes of their own 

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

The idea that £10 or £15 makes little difference I don't see as correct. It does to me personally. I'd have had it at £10, at £15 however I am unsure. I should imagine that plenty of others will be in the same boat.

It’s all about viewpoints but I don’t agree.

Plenty of people have stopped attending and a further £5 reduction isn’t going to twist their arms. Maybe in your case it would but you can’t say with confidence that there are ‘plenty of others’ like you. Certainly not enough to make a positive financial difference to the club.

For the record, I’ll be going to match, I do want a change of ownership and I do support PTB.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

It’s all about viewpoints but I don’t agree.

Plenty of people have stopped attending and a further £5 reduction isn’t going to twist their arms. Maybe in your case it would but you can’t say with confidence that there are ‘plenty of others’ like you. Certainly not enough to make a positive financial difference to the club.

For the record, I’ll be going to match, I do want a change of ownership and I do support PTB.

That's fair enough. I just feel that it's an opportunity missed to even possibly give the long standing supporters a little something back.

You have to charge at a minimum £10 per adult. In what has been an utterly dreadful first 1/3 of a campaign, you somehow have to try and re-engage with supporters. The starting point for me would be, that's the minimum price? That has to be the price we go at. 

The attendance will be low enough as it is without increasing the price to £15. I think we can agree that it certainly isn't a money maker at £10/£15 so why not accept that and go with the lower to try and get fans through the gate? 

The floating supporter won't pay £18 (in advance) or £22 (on the day) for a league game but may be tempted at £10 for a cup game. If we managed to somehow play well and entertain, they might (probably won't but might) return to the next home league game. At £15, no stats to suggest I am correct/incorrect, i'm guessing that will sadly not be the case and any considering going might sling the idea.

Of course, just my opinion.

48 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

That's fair enough. I just feel that it's an opportunity missed to even possibly give the long standing supporters a little something back.

You have to charge at a minimum £10 per adult. In what has been an utterly dreadful first 1/3 of a campaign, you somehow have to try and re-engage with supporters. The starting point for me would be, that's the minimum price? That has to be the price we go at. 

The attendance will be low enough as it is without increasing the price to £15. I think we can agree that it certainly isn't a money maker at £10/£15 so why not accept that and go with the lower to try and get fans through the gate? 

The floating supporter won't pay £18 (in advance) or £22 (on the day) for a league game but may be tempted at £10 for a cup game. If we managed to somehow play well and entertain, they might (probably won't but might) return to the next home league game. At £15, no stats to suggest I am correct/incorrect, i'm guessing that will sadly not be the case and any considering going might sling the idea.

Of course, just my opinion.

Fully agree. At £10 I’d have had it. £15. I’m out. No matter how glamorous a tie Burton might be. I’d have also brought my lad along for a fiver, and spent money in the ground. Clubs shot themselves in the foot imo. 

I've never got charging less for FA Cup games.

This is, and will probably remain, our biggest game of the season in the greatest cup competition in the world against the best opposition we're probably going to see this season (if we don't win) with the possibility of a big draw if we do win.

The rewards for a win are far, far greater than 3 points in the next home match. But that will be full price. 

It seems like something the club sleepwalked into during the Corney years that has just become an accepted norm. 

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

This is, and will probably remain, our biggest game of the season in the greatest cup competition in the world against the best opposition we're probably going to see this season (if we don't win) with the possibility of a big draw if we do win.

The rewards for a win are far, far greater than 3 points in the next home match. But that will be full price. 

It seems like something the club sleepwalked into during the Corney years that has just become an accepted norm. 

All the people attending league matches will be more or less just season ticket holders though won’t they ? POTD supporters don’t really exist for us anymore. A lower price will maybe entice people to attend who wouldn’t otherwise do so. As a season ticket does not allow you entrance to a cup match, how many season ticket holders do you reckon will fancy seeing us get thumped off a team I’m personally embarrassed to be miles behind in terms of league position at least ? At a tenner you would probably get a few who would have it, with the slight chance we might cause an upset ( an upset against these ffs). 

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Wait till you hear that loads of other clubs do it...

24 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

This 100%. I can understand if for JPT (or whatever it is now) and I can understand it for top flight clubs. But given we'll be playing our strongest side there's no reason for it to be cheaper than a league game. 

I do, of course, still think that league prices are too much.

£15 for a professional football match is a very good price. All this 'oh it's only burton at home in the fa cup' is silly. People pay £18-£22 every week to watch us against morecambe and macclesfield... I think more people should get down there for the burton game, and just try and make it an fa cup atmosphere and have a fun day without having to worry about losing and dropping 3 points

Archived