FA Cup 2nd round draw.....

14 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

£15 for a professional football match is a very good price. All this 'oh it's only burton at home in the fa cup' is silly. People pay £18-£22 every week to watch us against morecambe and macclesfield... I think more people should get down there for the burton game, and just try and make it an fa cup atmosphere and have a fun day without having to worry about losing and dropping 3 points

It is pretty good, which just highlights the ridiculousness of charging 22 quid for league games...

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It is pretty good, which just highlights the ridiculousness of charging 22 quid for league games...

Yes but if we didn’t charge £22 we wouldn’t be able to sign all these class foreign imports😉

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Other clubs in this league charge even more. Bradford C. £25 on match day, Walsall main stand £25 on match day, Forest Green £23 and £25 match day, Exeter £24 match day, Mansfield £24.50 match day etc.

37 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What's going to happen if I do..? 

Its a reflection of the general trend of all clubs now as domestic cup competitions have diminished in value across the board.

Factor in the fact that most of the football has been utter shit this season then forking out more money to watch our shit team get beat (or possibly even smashed) by unglamorous opposition then its going to require atleast a reduction in price. 

On the contrary if I was a Burton fan Id see a £15 price to watch my team probably win and get into the hat for the 3rd round quite appealing.

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its a reflection of the general trend of all clubs now as domestic cup competitions have diminished in value across the board.

Factor in the fact that most of the football has been utter shit this season then forking out more money to watch our shit team get beat (or possibly even smashed) by unglamorous opposition then its going to require atleast a reduction in price. 

On the contrary if I was a Burton fan Id see a £15 price to watch my team probably win and get into the hat for the 3rd round quite appealing.

There has been a reduction in price.

I don't get the diminishing in value for anything outside the top two (at a push) divisions. Without being arsed to give it some genuine thought, I expect with the exception of Clarke at Chesterfield the best Latics moments in the last ten years have been FA Cup ties.

14 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

There has been a reduction in price.

I don't get the diminishing in value for anything outside the top two (at a push) divisions. Without being arsed to give it some genuine thought, I expect with the exception of Clarke at Chesterfield the best Latics moments in the last ten years have been FA Cup ties.

They have been but from round 3 onwards historically. Rounds 1 and 2 usually require the novelty of non-league side away. 

Plus for me (and many others no doubt) its a case of I pay for a season ticket and everything after that cup/away games depends on time, money and how well we are doing. I could afford the time and money (just about) to do more aways and cup games at the moment. The other factor is the biggest deterrent.

It's £11.75 per game for ST holders who attend every League game. 

£15 is a price drop for some supporters. But ST holders are paying more. To pay less at Fulham and Doncaster than at Boundary Park seems off to me. 

Or course there is a way to get £5 off for a friend which might be shared evenly between the two of you. 

42 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They have been but from round 3 onwards historically. Rounds 1 and 2 usually require the novelty of non-league side away. 

Plus for me (and many others no doubt) its a case of I pay for a season ticket and everything after that cup/away games depends on time, money and how well we are doing. I could afford the time and money (just about) to do more aways and cup games at the moment. The other factor is the biggest deterrent.

I agree. But we've got to get through those rounds. We're potentially 90 mins from a big tie. I know it's Burton at home, I just don't see why people are unhappy at it being priced at a discounted-but-not-as-discounted-as-it-could-be rate.

I think the reality is a lot of people aren't keen to pay money on top of a ST because we're shit and everything else going on. I understand that, just no point people pretending it's about a fiver. The people who'd genuinely pay £10 and not £15 may exist but there won't be many.

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I agree, the money in football has gone ridiculous. I bought my daughter a shirt for her 5th birthday, name n number 5 on back. 55 effing quid! Spoke to a couple of mates who support lower league clubs to vent, and they said their clubs have done the same

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

It's £11.75 per game for ST holders who attend every League game. 

£15 is a price drop for some supporters. But ST holders are paying more. To pay less at Fulham and Doncaster than at Boundary Park seems off to me. 

Or course there is a way to get £5 off for a friend which might be shared evenly between the two of you. 

It's ever so slightly different to Fulham and Doncaster 😂😂. Premier league club wont charge more than a tenner for a lowly league two clubs visit. Same with donny lol. I'm pretty sure if we were playing a team three/four divisions below then the price would drop lol

23 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Got a good feeling about Saturday for some unknown reason....

2-0 comfortable win in front of 2,500 fans!

Archived