Stevenage (a)

11 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Thats a cop out by Stevenage,   a tactical decision also . Takes the wind out of our sails  in a way as we would have gone down there on Saturday high on confidence with 4 games unbeaten plus Dino with something to prove... im sure Stevanage had replacements they could have played.. 

It's not a cop out at all is it? They just have 3 international players so well within their rights to call the game off. 1 of them has played 13 games this season (Wildin), another has played 7 (Vancooten) and the other has played 10 (Husin) so they're regular parts in their squad. 

As for the idea that we will be 'full of confidence', I'm not really sure on that one. Our 4 game unbeaten run has been:

Walsall (h) - 2-0 - analysis - struggled at 11v11, a stupid handball and credit where it's due we took the initiative and won the game

Port Vale (a) - 0-0 - analysis - awful game of football. Zeus made 2/3 good saves, missed a golden opportunity a piece. Not a bad point in itself.

Northampton (h) - 2-2 - analysis - Horrendously poor for 80 minutes, they should have been well out of sight. They took their number 4 off, we score a goal from a poor defensive header (great finish) and then score from a cross which landed in the net. Lucky to get a point, good character.

Gateshead (a) - 2-1 - analysis - Second best for at least 3/4 of the game. Zeus man of the match no doubt despite possibly being culpable for their goal. They are 2 divisions below us and really felt robbed losing the game. Great finish from Smith saved our blushes. Suspect performance to say the least.

That above is not me being negative, just blatantly honest which I don't think many who attended each game can disagree too much with the comments of the game. 2 games at home in those 3 league games, I'd have wanted 6 points minimum. Add in the home game prior to Walsall and we have got 4 points out of 3 home games against Walsall, Macclesfield and Northampton. That's poor.

Oh...and we'd have been brimming with confidence. Just to inform you, they are 4 unbeaten too :) 

Stevenage 1-0 Morecambe

Stevenage 1-1 Fulham U23's - Stevenage won on pens

Scunthorpe 0-0 Stevenage 

Stevenage 1-1 Peterborough 

By the same token, they'd be confident and fancy their chances too

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

In my humble opinion being a goalkeeper should have stopped the shot that gateshead scored with but he made up for his error with 3 crucial saves 

Also as a former goalkeeper, although I've only seen it on the highlights, I don't really blame him. As @LaticsPete says, he was a bit late getting down, but it does appear that his view was hampered by other players. But, as you say, he didn't half make up for it if it was an error. We wouldn't have been in the hat last night but for him.

10 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Are you @oafcshuck by any chance?

Shucks adulation is based on someone who achived so much in the game, and did so much for us, at elast 3 times. A legend, despite the odd fault.

I don't think Shuck is that delusional about Dino and his manager of the month contender after 2 games with 1 win against a non league side that got 3x as many shots as us.
To be honest, even hyper positive Dino isn't that delusional about himself...

20 minutes ago, singe said:

Shucks adulation is based on someone who achived so much in the game, and did so much for us, at elast 3 times. A legend, despite the odd fault.

I don't think Shuck is that delusional about Dino and his manager of the month contender after 2 games with 1 win against a non league side that got 3x as many shots as us.
To be honest, even hyper positive Dino isn't that delusional about himself...

💪👍

4 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

It's not a cop out at all is it? They just have 3 international players so well within their rights to call the game off. 1 of them has played 13 games this season (Wildin), another has played 7 (Vancooten) and the other has played 10 (Husin) so they're regular parts in their squad. 

As for the idea that we will be 'full of confidence', I'm not really sure on that one. Our 4 game unbeaten run has been:

Walsall (h) - 2-0 - analysis - struggled at 11v11, a stupid handball and credit where it's due we took the initiative and won the game

Port Vale (a) - 0-0 - analysis - awful game of football. Zeus made 2/3 good saves, missed a golden opportunity a piece. Not a bad point in itself.

Northampton (h) - 2-2 - analysis - Horrendously poor for 80 minutes, they should have been well out of sight. They took their number 4 off, we score a goal from a poor defensive header (great finish) and then score from a cross which landed in the net. Lucky to get a point, good character.

Gateshead (a) - 2-1 - analysis - Second best for at least 3/4 of the game. Zeus man of the match no doubt despite possibly being culpable for their goal. They are 2 divisions below us and really felt robbed losing the game. Great finish from Smith saved our blushes. Suspect performance to say the least.

That above is not me being negative, just blatantly honest which I don't think many who attended each game can disagree too much with the comments of the game. 2 games at home in those 3 league games, I'd have wanted 6 points minimum. Add in the home game prior to Walsall and we have got 4 points out of 3 home games against Walsall, Macclesfield and Northampton. That's poor.

Oh...and we'd have been brimming with confidence. Just to inform you, they are 4 unbeaten too :) 

Stevenage 1-0 Morecambe

Stevenage 1-1 Fulham U23's - Stevenage won on pens

Scunthorpe 0-0 Stevenage 

Stevenage 1-1 Peterborough 

By the same token, they'd be confident and fancy their chances too

Lovin your passion today!! Pretty good and fair analysis that unsworthlatic. 

However the players must feel a better than if we were on a 2 or 3 game losing streak. We also seem to be tighter at the back even with the Lacovetis of this world! 😂 

I think Dino is trying hard with what he has and seems to be at least standing up to the 🤡🤡 🤡 . Maybe there is a bit of a seige mentality building from the lads he's picking, who may not be the best footballers in the world, but at least give a shit. 

Shame its off Saturday as I was planning on going, and we could have put 6 points between us and Stevenage with a scrappy 1-0! The rest might end up doing us good. 

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Lovin your passion today!! Pretty good and fair analysis that unsworthlatic. 

However the players must feel a better than if we were on a 2 or 3 game losing streak. We also seem to be tighter at the back even with the Lacovetis of this world! 😂 

I think Dino is trying hard with what he has and seems to be at least standing up to the 🤡🤡 🤡 . Maybe there is a bit of a seige mentality building from the lads he's picking, who may not be the best footballers in the world, but at least give a shit. 

Shame its off Saturday as I was planning on going, and we could have put 6 points between us and Stevenage with a scrappy 1-0! The rest might end up doing us good. 

I didn't mean for it to be negative, just to put a realistic spin on things. The players undoubtedly will feel like they've got a "monkey off their back" so to speak and would have gone there with slightly more confidence than what they would have done 2/3 games ago. However, they would be feeling the same hazard a guess so doesn't really make too much difference other than for me not being able to go (no chance on a midweek game) 

Potentially there is a bit of a siege mentality and let's hope they turn out the results in tandem with better performances. 

Having seen the majority of games this season, I feel like we're really up against with little firepower. The addition of McCann has made a difference but believe he is going to be gone come January. With Egert and Missilou off injured on Saturday, a rest before taking on an efficient Newport County will perhaps do us good.

Make no qualms about though, I think we're in a mini league at the bottom end of the basement division (how sad!) and people, more so those within the Club need to respect and appreciate this as complacency of "only one goes down" or "we'll pull away easily" could see us bang in trouble

On 11/12/2019 at 7:19 PM, Chaddy14 said:

After a hard day at work I long for the inspiring optimism and positivity of my fellow Latics fans when I log on to here!

The uplifting good news is we don't play Stevenage on Saturday.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, LaticsPete said:

I was pretty much right behind the shot and it came through 3/4 players and that possibly caused Zeus momentary hesitation before he saw it clearly enough to dive.  Wouldn't regard it as an error more something that happens when there are players in front.

We must’ve been sat (well stood, I didn’t sit down all game) right near one another then...half agree with you in terms of possibly saw it late but there was only ever one place that shot could’ve gone in. Anticipation was poor not to come across his line a little further. 

But this is splitting hairs. His performance after said goal was outstanding. Clear MOTM award to him. 

PS Those saves and Egerts injury changed the course of the game IMO. Mills coming on and Hamer to CB worked well for us. Egert and Hamer had been rather poor up to that point. Hoping to see those two return at CB and FB in coming weeks. 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Hands on said:

And so to Stevenage.  Well not on a Tuesday evening with strong winds and rain forecast.

The game could be a lottery so we could win!

We'll put 2 or 3 in against em, of all the sides around I'd have these as the bottom club at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

We'll put 2 or 3 in against em, of all the sides around I'd have these as the bottom club at the end of the season.

....a team put together by our manager. Out of interest, can anyone explain why they went from 8th to bottom over the summer? Is it because of an interfering owner, budget, who were their best players last season, where’ve they gone? Or, did Dino sign a load of sh1te which is why he lost his job?

18 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....a team put together by our manager. Out of interest, can anyone explain why they went from 8th to bottom over the summer? Is it because of an interfering owner, budget, who were their best players last season, where’ve they gone? Or, did Dino sign a load of sh1te which is why he lost his job?

I think the same happened to dino and stevenage as happened to us and shez. Finish the second half of the season strongly and then start the next shockingly with no massive explination

26 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Chair was a big player for them, he went back to QPR, Kennedy and Newton have missed big chunk of games between them.

28 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Three of his centre halves were out injured long term.

53 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It's no coincidence but I will say this............IF we lose against that lot tomorrow night

I refuse to spend another penny on fuel and admission to Home games, until the decks have been cleared.

5 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

It's no coincidence but I will say this............IF we lose against that lot tomorrow night

I refuse to spend another penny on fuel and admission to Home games, until the decks have been cleared.

Stevenage are favourites to win the game Ade...

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Stevenage are favourites to win the game Ade...

Well they haven't won in a long time and atleast we've had a little of that.

I fully expect Dino to either be shown the door with immediate effect or walk if we don't get 3 points from this rabble

7 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Well they haven't won in a long time and atleast we've had a little of that.

I fully expect Dino to either be shown the door with immediate effect or walk if we don't get 3 points from this rabble

And so the circle continues, firing Dino will just bring more of the same, he might as well be given the full season, the only way we will improve is with wholesale changes in the playing personnel, we are stuck with this load of shite. 

Archived