Stevenage (a)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, disjointed said:

And so the circle continues, firing Dino will just bring more of the same, he might as well be given the full season, the only way we will improve is with wholesale changes in the playing personnel, we are stuck with this load of shite. 

I fully expected those 'Big Guns' to have lifted us a little further than where we find ourselves and his methods are questionable.

No, I'll stick by what ive said this time, there's no way on this planet he can remain in that job if we lose tomorrow night and I'd make sure that any player that didn't give their all, in order he gain those 3 points, would be following him out the door.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

And so the circle continues, firing Dino will just bring more of the same, he might as well be given the full season, the only way we will improve is with wholesale changes in the playing personnel, we are stuck with this load of shite. 

On one hand I agree that it's a vicious circle. But for me dino has to go. Hes showing nothing at all. Hes got a shite squad but u still have to get the best out of the squad available tactically. And by playing the same way each games hes giving teams the easiest pre game analysis ever and even when he brings a new striker in or puts 4 strikers in the field at once, he still sticks to the same system and tactics. Hes making a lower end league 2 squad look like bottom of the league standard. Mid table this season wud be a miracle, but doable even with the limited players we have. At the minute he only has us going backwards because he refuses to do anything at all as a manager apart from put 11 players in a kit on a saturday. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

One thing is certain, if we lose to Stevenage we will have reached an all time low, I don’t think we could drop any lower........apart from going out of the league😳

Certain it won't/can't happen.

2 minutes ago, Agnus UK said:

You lads ready to cheer off a 1-1 draw again? 

0-2 win to us, Stevenage don't score and their manager is..............well :bat:

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fucking hell Dino. Pre match press conference saying he’s unsure why Stevenage are down there with the squad they have. It’s a terrible squad that can’t score for toffee. He’s delusional seriously hating him as manager. 

Should be smashing them to pieces, hope Dino isn't feeling sorry for them 🤔

7 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Should be smashing them to pieces, hope Dino isn't feeling sorry for them 🤔

Should be. But if we go there with 3 holding midfielders and one up top with no support we won’t. We only scored Saturday as we just gave the ball to smith and hoped, or relied on a corner. 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

One thing is certain, if we lose to Stevenage we will have reached an all time low, I don’t think we could drop any lower........apart from going out of the league😳

Worse than re-election? Nah.

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's probably just about my nearest game but it would have to be a sharp departure from work and I'm recovering from something approaching real flu.

20/80

Having checked the weather forecast I can safely say that the 20 has gone down to zero.

59 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fucking hell Dino. Pre match press conference saying he’s unsure why Stevenage are down there with the squad they have. It’s a terrible squad that can’t score for toffee. He’s delusional seriously hating him as manager. 

And if he said these lot are shit and we need to steam roll em he’d be accused of complacency. I think too much is read into what is said in public. Pretty much always. 

8 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I fully expected those 'Big Guns' to have lifted us a little further than where we find ourselves and his methods are questionable.

No, I'll stick by what ive said this time, there's no way on this planet he can remain in that job if we lose tomorrow night and I'd make sure that any player that didn't give their all, in order he gain those 3 points, would be following him out the door.

I cant help but like him but as bad as this squad is, its up to him to get a tune out of them. We must pick up points and our best chance is tomorrow.

Rightly or wrongly the buck stops with him.

Lose tomorrow and there is a real chance we could end up in that bottom spot very soon, we really could go down

Westley Vs Westley-lite.  With the likely conditions this match has the potential to be the ugliest game ever to grace the Football League.

I don't think we have it in us to get a comfortable win, partly because we aren't very good and also because Westley is a c-bomb who will happily drag any team down to their level.  But with their criminal lack of goals we cannot take a defeat in a game like this.

I might be proven wrong but I think Dino is the type of manager that we want for a game like this.  It won't be pretty but I think he'll have us up for the scrap.

Archived