Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oafcmetty

Stevenage (a)

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

 

 

You obviously haven't seen much of us lately.

 

 

As Waits said: Segbe has the IQ of a fence post. Would have liked to have seen Wilson in that one on one with the keeper.

Zeus is a poor keeper who occasionally makes good stops.

 

 

Thought it was his best game in a Latics shirt. At present he's definitely our best left (wing) back.

 

Some positives. We were far better organised in midfield and defence than of late and kept our shape better. Nguessan did OK. Piergianni's and Wheater working well together. Dino post match seemed to be closer to reality than usual. 

 

 

What’s Dino said ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What’s Dino said ? 

I presume he said "we're shit and fans need to accept that", if his comments are deemed closer to reality than usual.

Edited by Hometownclub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What’s Dino said ? 

 

Nah. No gems of wisdom. Team working well for him. Should have won the game easily. Unforgivable misses etc

Nothing that clearly flew in the face of reality as he has been doing of late, and comments I can more or less agree with.

Now if he drops that manic loony smile / grimace that he always puts on at the start of his pre match I might warm to him a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

 

Nah. No gems of wisdom. Team working well for him. Should have won the game easily. Unforgivable misses etc

Nothing that clearly flew in the face of reality as he has been doing of late, and comments I can more or less agree with.

Now if he drops that manic loony smile / grimace that he always puts on at the start of his pre match I might warm to him a bit more.

This is untrue I’m sorry. He says “two good away performances” and that’s just not true. I was at the Macclesfield game and it was utterly terrible. Admittedly didn’t go Stevenage but sounds just as bad, we failed to score against bottom of the league, no achievement keeping a clean sheet against a team that can’t buy a goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

This is untrue I’m sorry. He says “two good away performances” and that’s just not true. I was at the Macclesfield game and it was utterly terrible. Admittedly didn’t go Stevenage but sounds just as bad, we failed to score against bottom of the league, no achievement keeping a clean sheet against a team that can’t buy a goal. 

No don’t be sorry for your comments. You can be sorry for being picky and stating something I haven’t written if you like. At Macclesfield and other recent games the team has been running around like headless chickens, keystone kops football, which he had glossed over.

Last night his comments were closer to reality than they have been in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

 

Nah. No gems of wisdom. Team working well for him. Should have won the game easily. Unforgivable misses etc

Nothing that clearly flew in the face of reality as he has been doing of late, and comments I can more or less agree with.

Now if he drops that manic loony smile / grimace that he always puts on at the start of his pre match I might warm to him a bit more.

 

What about the clear chances they had when Zues came to the rescue several times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Would you okay for someone who persistently shouted rubbish at you ? I know Morais has fallen out with him for that reason. 


Nope. 
 

He would irritate the hell out of me with his constant balling of nonsense.

 

I don’t think he’s up to it, but even if he went, whilst AL & Co are on charge it isn’t going to make any difference. 
 

On the bright side, he built the Stevenage team, so next season will be even more fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:


Nope. 
 

He would irritate the hell out of me with his constant balling of nonsense.

 

I don’t think he’s up to it, but even if he went, whilst AL & Co are on charge it isn’t going to make any difference. 
 

On the bright side, he built the Stevenage team, so next season will be even more fun. 

So you are saying that this is as good as it gets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

 

I think your new name may be taking you towards OWTB misspelling legend status. 

Your current level is: Lacovitti. 

(Is your last name Dogis?) 

Aiming for Ritchie Wellens or Joe Royal status. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, disjointed said:

So you are saying that this is as good as it gets. 


Bearing in mind the track record of the current owners, which has been a constant downward spiral... 

 

Fulham and the team we had even 12-months ago was light years away in terms of quality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

 

What about the clear chances they had when Zues came to the rescue several times?

Agree he made 2 good saves, and is much improved from when he first joined us, but his positioning is often poor, and he still hasn’t learned how to set up a wall. Obviously Woods also has weaknesses, but I still see Zeus just as backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living down south, I don't get to see them very often but went last night &, sadly, it did little to encourage me go more frequently. Granted, conditions were awful but so were both teams. They seemed determined to play high balls that they had no control over rather than keeping it on the deck, hoping presumably for a mistake rather than creating something. Both lacked confidence & that probably contributed to this approach.  The main bright spot was that they were significantly worse than us. Worryingly, the one thing both have in common is being managed by Maamria - it was a bit like watching the ghost of Dino past v the ghost of Dino present!

 

We looked ok defensively & Pidge looks promising but midfield looked bereft of ideas & the forwards had no presence. As someone has already rightly said, Sylla looked the most composed in the brief time he was there. Mills also looked ok at left back. The best that can be said about N'Guessan is that he may need more game time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

No don’t be sorry for your comments. You can be sorry for being picky and stating something I haven’t written if you like. At Macclesfield and other recent games the team has been running around like headless chickens, keystone kops football, which he had glossed over.

Last night his comments were closer to reality than they have been in a while.

I mean I’m not being picky, you quoted things he said that sounded like he was being realistic but left out the unrealistic parts like how he said it was two good away performances, you where quoting the things that supported your point.

From Dinos last two press conferences he genuinely believes we are happy with running around and effort. No not at all, I personally and many others want us to be challenging with a bit of quality and at least some form of pattern of play. We have none of that it’s embarrassing to watch. 
Oldham has been my main hobby and one of my main passions in life growing up, now it’s pathetic to see what we have become in the last 2 years alone. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lack of goals is are down fall yet again . Not so much last season, but 3 or 4 previous seasons we just cannot score . This season same again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most exciting thing about Latics at the moment is off field.... and on here. When we score (I know I know) the cheer is similar to the one in cup matches where you are already 6 goals down and you fire one in in the 89th min. Tghe crowd are not expecting to win, nor watch good football and that reflects. The poweres that be dont care a jot like but that is how it is. I often attended matches on my own and find that I get restless and frustrated by half time and find alternative entertainment on my phone. I live a stones throw away from BP and I have never ever felt less engaged than I do today. MAKE ME CARE AGAIN YOU BASTARDS.

Edited by andy_b_100
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldham82 said:

The lack of goals is are down fall yet again . Not so much last season, but 3 or 4 previous seasons we just cannot score . This season same again.

Spot on, even going back as far as Stephen Robinson we were playing a ‘safety first’ style of football. Try to stop the opposition scoring and then try to nick one ourselves. The trouble is though when we concede you can’t see us scoring twice.

i can’t for the life of me understand why we insist on playing one striker. Where will our goal threat come from?

For what it’s worth - until McCann comes back - I’d play Missilou and Sylla in the middle with Maouche and Smith.

Up front I’d try Dieseruvwe with any one of our smaller strikers.

Wilson definitely deserves a chance up front with a big target man alongside him. He scored 11 last season in a struggling team whilst having a striking partner to play off. He’s completely wasted up front on his own, as they all are. 😩

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt said:

It will come as no surprise to anyone that unfortunately, we cannot be seen to be assisting the distribution of unofficial streaming links. It breaks the TC's with our hosts.

 

Do what you want to do, but you can't post it up on here.

 

Y7xXGXp.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

 

 

Thought it was his best game in a Latics shirt. At present he's definitely our best left (wing) back.

 

 

 

Interesting to hear, do you think he should start there on Saturday?  I think he's our best right back but if it allows Hamer to play and make use of his long throw then playing Mills on the left might be our best option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Spot on, even going back as far as Stephen Robinson we were playing a ‘safety first’ style of football. Try to stop the opposition scoring and then try to nick one ourselves. The trouble is though when we concede you can’t see us scoring twice.

i can’t for the life of me understand why we insist on playing one striker. Where will our goal threat come from?

For what it’s worth - until McCann comes back - I’d play Missilou and Sylla in the middle with Maouche and Smith.

Up front I’d try Dieseruvwe with any one of our smaller strikers.

Wilson definitely deserves a chance up front with a big target man alongside him. He scored 11 last season in a struggling team whilst having a striking partner to play off. He’s completely wasted up front on his own, as they all are. 😩

Wilson and Maouche came on against Macc and we looked more threatening. Maouche has his faults but he is best when we are in possession, these last few games he has that extra bit of quality that could have opened up the defence of Macc and Stevenage, this is a player that Dino said was one of the best in league 2. He’s played 10 mins. When teams come at us and we don’t have the ball as much I agree that Maouche is not ideal but we really could and should have utilised him a lot better these last few games. Ultimately that’s Dinos inept managerial ability. 
Also, the experience of Morais and his ability to score and create would have helped, also lost due to Dino. 
Dino signed the Burnley lad, at Macc he looked terrible, last night not much better. 
Salford striker, on for 50 mins and offered nothing. 
Salford centre back, okay I guess, likes to pump it and is okay for where we are at right now. But Macc and Stevenage arnt much of a test. 
 

These three signings, along with the team he built at Stevenage, the style of play I have witnessed, words that come out of his mouth, tells me Dino is not up to it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

Interesting to hear, do you think he should start there on Saturday?  I think he's our best right back but if it allows Hamer to play and make use of his long throw then playing Mills on the left might be our best option.

I think Hamers long throw has worked once ? At Macc he was persistent at throwing it to Jonny Smith for some reason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having watched most of the game last night and that was the first I have seen all season, the hoof ball approach seemed to be the main tactic.

If that is going to be the tactic for the rest of the season, then a big lad up front is going to be needed, I thought Sylla looked decent when he came on, the new lad from Salford looked good, Smith is far too good for a team like this, lots of pace and a clever player.

I managed to attend a few games last season and I feel we have broken up what was an half decent team back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think Hamers long throw has worked once ? At Macc he was persistent at throwing it to Jonny Smith for some reason. 

I think the majority saw him as a decent prospect. A move away to a more progressive club is what the young lad needs to re-ignite his potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

Interesting to hear, do you think he should start there on Saturday?  I think he's our best right back but if it allows Hamer to play and make use of his long throw then playing Mills on the left might be our best option.

 

When have we made use of Hamer's long throw?

 

I know he keeps doing it but has it ever resulted in a goal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

When have we made use of Hamer's long throw?

 

I know he keeps doing it but has it ever resulted in a goal?

I hate that I have an answer for this, but, Mansfield (H) April 2019 Nepo’s 2nd

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I think the majority saw him as a decent prospect. A move away to a more progressive club is what the young lad needs to re-ignite his potential.

He'll not get a move upwards the way he's playing. To say his career has stagnated is being kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...