Fleetwood (A)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

3 down already.. what a shambles of a team, half hearted no cohesion.

This a Fleetwood team with 8 changes.

Β 

Β 

I'm not sticking up for the team but Fleetwood are playing pretty much their first choice 11. Only 2 players have played less than ten games in the league this season

Just now, SweeperKeeper said:

We're not that far off full strength either.Β 

Yes but they are a top end league 1 club and we are a low end league 2 club. And we have a 15 year old up front and a 19 year old pairing at CB. Not a shock that we lose. But the manner of a loss is what will stick

Watch how fleetwood broke with speed for the 4th. We never look like attacking with anywhere near that sort of pace.Β 
Β 

Also, look how McCann was pressed resulting in him losing it. The fleetwood player anticipated him getting the ball and was on him straight away. Contrast that with our β€œpress” which is effectively waiting for someone to get the ball then jogging toward them. Basics.Β 

6 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Get the French lads in, these English ones are shite....

Even if half of them lack the needed talent, one thing you will get from the foreign lads is effort (barring vera haha) as they know they've been given a chance at a step up from their careers previously. In a way it's more frustrating to see talented players not putting in the effortΒ 

Amazingly I think we've played worse this season.Β 

Β 

But I never, ever want to see Stott at CB for Latics ever again. Poor on the ball, atrocious positioning off the ball. Brings less than nothing to the team.Β 

Β 

Hamer is struggling without a decent partner.Β 

Β 

And anyone can see this is too much, too soon for Emmerson, just like in the previous match. He's obviously got talent, but I don't think this is helping his development at the moment. Give him time.Β 

Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Amazingly I think we've played worse this season.Β 

Β 

But I never, ever want to see Stott at CB for Latics ever again. Poor on the ball, atrocious positioning off the ball. Brings less than nothing to the team.Β 

Β 

Hamer is struggling without a decent partner.Β 

Β 

And anyone can see this is too much, too soon for Emmerson, just like in the previous match. He's obviously got talent, but I don't think this is helping his development at the moment. Give him time.Β 

Β 

Β 

I think it's the opposite.... stott has done fine next to wheater last few league games, whereas I've seen hamer next to a few different partners and has always been poor. Stott is a CB who needs guidance, Hamer is RB who struggles at CB full stop

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Watch how fleetwood broke with speed for the 4th. We never look like attacking with anywhere near that sort of pace.Β 
Β 

Also, look how McCann was pressed resulting in him losing it. The fleetwood player anticipated him getting the ball and was on him straight away. Contrast that with our β€œpress” which is effectively waiting for someone to get the ball then jogging toward them. Basics.Β 

Β 

Fleetwood have been pressing really well in our half, credit where it's due. The difference in speed and stamina is huge.Β 

Archived