Fleetwood (A)

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We have no one in midfield to match Dempsey.

BP1960....You’ve been watching Latics longer than my 60 years. Have you ever in all that time seen us in a worse predicament than we now find ourselves in because I definitely haven’t!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are playing like a bunch of schoolboys. We cannot defend, we cannot pass, we simply cannot compete with Fleetwood. Whether he inherited a poor squad or not, we have gone backwards under Dino. There is no structure to our play whatsoever. I didn’t think we could get any worse but we have 😟

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We are playing like a bunch of schoolboys. We cannot defend, we cannot pass, we simply cannot compete with Fleetwood. Whether he inherited a poor squad or not, we have gone backwards under Dino. There is no structure to our play whatsoever. I didn’t think we could get any worse but we have 😟

Another manager on the way out🤔 ??

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

McCann has been awful..no commitment or desire, stood on the hallway line like a statue.

Sylla poor too.

I'm surprised you think the midfield was the main issue, even though they were poor. 

The back four were an utter embarassment. 

Stott nearly gifted them another one on one right at the end, with a pass so bad I'm not even sure who it was intended for.  No way he should've seen the final whistle tonight. 

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Another manager on the way out🤔 ??

Apart from the very sad personal impact for the manager and his family, does anyone really think it would make a lot of difference if we tried Pep Guadiola? 

The club has structural issues that no manager could succeed under, at least until we drop to a league where the players we have  can compete....National League top tier would still be tough for this squad I’m afraid 

This is what a decade of mismanagement, arrogance and owners with agendas that are not in the best long term interests of the club has done to our Oldham Athletic

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

If he cant instil desire he has a big problem, the lack of heart tonight was embarrassing.

They can have all the desire in the world, they also have to be able to find a blue shirt, and have a vague idea which bit of the pitch they're supposed to be in. 

9 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I'm surprised you think the midfield was the main issue, even though they were poor. 

The back four were an utter embarassment. 

Stott nearly gifted them another one on one right at the end, with a pass so bad I'm not even sure who it was intended for.  No way he should've seen the final whistle tonight. 

No tracking back to help from any of the midfielders, yet there was from Fleetwood's, why was that?

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

They can have all the desire in the world, they also have to be able to find a blue shirt, and have a vague idea which bit of the pitch they're supposed to be in. 

But they had no desire and couldn't find a blue shirt as well. The journeymen aren't bothered though, you can tell that from the body language.

3 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

The one positive: Smith

Kept fighting and deserved more than the chaos behind him. 

The only hope is at least another four loanees with his ability  and attitude.

If he had  been playing for Fleetwood they would have scored 10.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No tracking back from any of the midfielders, yet there was  from Fleetwood's, why was that?

I don't think the issue was as much desire as simply being much, much slower. 

Massively out of their depth defence, a super slow midfield, and a 15 year old left to make everything happen up front: what the hell was that lineup?

The performance at Gateshead (what I saw from the highlights) and tonight (waste of a tenner) simply confirms that we're not even a League 2 team. We're mid National League at best. That was an embarrassment; no heart, no fight, no ability, unable to string more than two passes together, their keeper could have been sat in a deckchair with his pipe and slippers and the rest of the Fleetwood defence won't have many easier nights.

One bright spot was Jonny Smith; he's two divisions better than any of this lot. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't got my tickets for Newport. Now that could turn out even more embarrassing than tonight. I'll still go, though. 

I wonder if Mo still thinks he's doing a good job. He's delusional if he does.

Remember when some were suggesting Stott was a suitable replacement for Edmondson :laught30:

Watched the Fulham game back the other day, we've sunk into the abyss since that performance, instead of getting rid of another manager this fucking clown of a Sporting Director needs to fuck right off - the clueless cunt, as well as his gimp of a sidekick Shitpeas, fucking useless the pair of them.

9 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

The manager isnt the problem

The manager IS responsible for sending a team out in a game that we must win to stay in the competition, whilst playing a 15 year-old kid up front on his own, and against one of the best defenders in the lower leagues. 

It's football suicide. The manager talks a good game, but so far has done nothing to back it up with any improvement on the pitch at all.

We are in a desperate situation, and are not even national league standard. Which was proven on Saturday by having rings run round us by a national league North team. 

We are sliding towards the abyss, and it looks like there is nothing, and nobody to stop us .

Very sad times indeed. 

55 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

The manager IS responsible for sending a team out in a game that we must win to stay in the competition, whilst playing a 15 year-old kid up front on his own, and against one of the best defenders in the lower leagues. 

It's football suicide. The manager talks a good game, but so far has done nothing to back it up with any improvement on the pitch at all.

We are in a desperate situation, and are not even national league standard. Which was proven on Saturday by having rings run round us by a national league North team. 

We are sliding towards the abyss, and it looks like there is nothing, and nobody to stop us .

Very sad times indeed. 

If the manager can't motivate most of his players to get out of a canter in a must win game its not looking good for him or the clubs future.

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If he cant instil desire he has a big problem, the lack of heart tonight was embarrassing.

You can blame the manager all you want. Get another one in if you think it will help. Personally I don’t think it would change anything because collectively this group of players is simply not good enough.

If they lack fight and desire then that is purely and simply down to them! 100%
They are supposed to be professional footballers! This is what they’ve always wanted to do isn’t it??

Changing the manager AGAIN won’t make a scrap of difference. 
Its a change in some of the playing personnel that’s needed here!

12 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

You can blame the manager all you want. Get another one in if you think it will help. Personally I don’t think it would change anything because collectively this group of players is simply not good enough.

If they lack fight and desire then that is purely and simply down to them! 100%
They are supposed to be professional footballers! This is what they’ve always wanted to do isn’t it??

Changing the manager AGAIN won’t make a scrap of difference. 
Its a change in some of the playing personnel that’s needed here!

And who is going to choose the new personnel, the same one that has assembled this shower

Archived