NEWPORT AWAY

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Fervid said:

What a 3 pts against a team who have been excellent at home the last 2 years, well played. 

We were hard to play against by the sounds, Stopped them playing . Hats of to Dino making the most of  the squad he has to play with 

34 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

15 April 2017(I think), when we beat Bolton 1-0 at home. I was at that game and don't think we brought a sub on.

We didn't despite having Ngoo sent off with 25 minutes left. 

I doff my cap at the knowledge too. 

25 minutes ago, maddog said:

3rd home defeat in a row I think I just read...

2nd home defeat in a row, in the league. 

3rd defeat in a row, in the league. 

3rd game without a win at home in the league. 

As I saw on Twitter they have the air of a cup team about them. 

42 minutes ago, Fervid said:

What a 3 pts against a team who have been excellent at home the last 2 years, well played. 

2nd best home record last season (behind Bury on Goal Difference), and had a decent record the season before too. 

1 hour ago, super_blue said:

What an earth was that free kick routine we tried to pull off with like 5 players dummying the ball? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

It was brilliantly worked and we very nearly scored from it. The corner routine a few minutes later where it was hit low and hard to the near post and flicked out to the edge of the box for Hamer to have a crack nearly came off as well.

After that first flurry of action, I thought we struggled to get out of our own half for the next 30 minutes, passes went astray and, thankfully, Newport fluffed their openings. 

The goal was very well taken and gave us the confidence boost we needed. I thought we were the better team second half, although Newport had their moments, but we looked pretty solid at the back.

All in all, a hard fought victory and, on the balance of play, just about deserved. To me, the formation looked more a 4-4-1-1 than a 5-4-1, but it worked. Well done Dino and the 11 in blue.

Archived