Sign in to follow this  
unsworth blue

NEWPORT AWAY

Big win Rodney Parade isn't an easy place to go. Dare I say it probably our biggest win of the season so far 

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

No subs used! When was the last time that happened since subs could be named? 

15 April 2017(I think), when we beat Bolton 1-0 at home. I was at that game and don't think we brought a sub on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

15 April 2017(I think), when we beat Bolton 1-0 at home. I was at that game and don't think we brought a sub on.

Tremendous knowledge, was way too pissed to notice that day. 

• Like 1

What a 3 pts against a team who have been excellent at home the last 2 years, well played. 

• Like 1

fantastic result is this ! Another game unbeaten and a clean sheet away from home ! And McCann has been a fantastic addition to the squad..Hats of to whoever signed him 👏

11 minutes ago, Fervid said:

What a 3 pts against a team who have been excellent at home the last 2 years, well played. 

We were hard to play against by the sounds, Stopped them playing . Hats of to Dino making the most of  the squad he has to play with 

12 minutes ago, Fervid said:

3rd home defeat in a row I think I just read...

13 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Great result for the lads, really didn't see that coming!  Takes character to win a match like that. 👍💪

yes fully deserved today, sets things up nicely for Burton at home next Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, maddog said:

Got a decent frontline that causes most sides a big problem, top result that and a massive confidence booster 

34 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

We didn't despite having Ngoo sent off with 25 minutes left. 

I doff my cap at the knowledge too. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, maddog said:

2nd home defeat in a row, in the league. 

3rd defeat in a row, in the league. 

3rd game without a win at home in the league. 

As I saw on Twitter they have the air of a cup team about them. 

42 minutes ago, Fervid said:

2nd best home record last season (behind Bury on Goal Difference), and had a decent record the season before too. 

Decent 3 points, It made the trip worthwhile for the faithful who traveled down, Well played 👍

It has been said before but Dino obviously rates the non French speaking players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So in 9 league games Dino's record is W3 D3 L3, compared to Banide's W1 D4 L4.

That's pretty steady going considering what he's had to work with.

*Awaits a Club Statement*

• Like 3

Great performance particularly in 2nd half when we dug in with the type of performance you need every week to get out of this godforsaken division.

• Like 3

What an earth was that free kick routine we tried to pull off with like 5 players dummying the ball? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, super_blue said:

What an earth was that free kick routine we tried to pull off with like 5 players dummying the ball? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Nearly worked though 😂 newport players didnt know who to follow haha

38 minutes ago, super_blue said:

To be fair, anything is better than that one under Scholes that ended up on the roof of the Chaddy end!

Can I say "Well Done" to Dino, his tactics and team selection, the players and also a massive "Well Done" to ALL THE FANS who made their way to Newport, whether locally or from Oldham?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, super_blue said:

It was brilliantly worked and we very nearly scored from it. The corner routine a few minutes later where it was hit low and hard to the near post and flicked out to the edge of the box for Hamer to have a crack nearly came off as well.

After that first flurry of action, I thought we struggled to get out of our own half for the next 30 minutes, passes went astray and, thankfully, Newport fluffed their openings. 

The goal was very well taken and gave us the confidence boost we needed. I thought we were the better team second half, although Newport had their moments, but we looked pretty solid at the back.

All in all, a hard fought victory and, on the balance of play, just about deserved. To me, the formation looked more a 4-4-1-1 than a 5-4-1, but it worked. Well done Dino and the 11 in blue.

• Like 2