30 years ago today....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

They started with Scarborough in my eyes... 

Probably, but this was the first time it hit home we were onto something special. Remember looking at my dad at 3-0 petrified and asking if he thought we would win. When Quinn scored I was convinced it would go wrong.

Playing the league champions?  Lets go with an extra striker.

Amazing stuff, I grew up across the pennines so didn't get to see these games live but can remember most of that commentary off by heart I've watched it that much.  Brilliant memories.

oh what a night...

Is this the match were the newspaper tried to report that we had an advantage with regards to the plastic pitch and Arsenal manager George Graham totally dismissed that excuse?

and damn right....any of them could manage a match in this league now....in fact I would pay to watch them all now even at walking football

feeling nostalgic..sniff and this has cheered my up as I have a bloody gum abscess....I am not amused

25 minutes ago, underdog said:

oh what a night...

Is this the match were the newspaper tried to report that we had an advantage with regards to the plastic pitch and Arsenal manager George Graham totally dismissed that excuse?

and damn right....any of them could manage a match in this league now....

feeling nostalgic..sniff

Don't know if George Graham did but when we beat Aston Villa Graham Taylor dismissed it as an excuse and said it was down to the way we played.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Don't know if George Graham did but when we beat Aston Villa Graham Taylor dismissed it as an excuse and said it was down to the way we played.

you could be right...my brain is more foggy than usual today....gum abscess on anti-biotics to save my tooth.

And please you lot no singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth....".....hahah

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Probably, but this was the first time it hit home we were onto something special. Remember looking at my dad at 3-0 petrified and asking if he thought we would win. When Quinn scored I was convinced it would go wrong.

When Quinn scored, Andy Rhodes kicked the goalpost in frustration that he was not going to keep a clean sheet against the League Champions.

40 minutes ago, underdog said:

you could be right...my brain is more foggy than usual today....gum abscess on anti-biotics to save my tooth.

And please you lot no singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth....".....hahah

I'm amazed I can remember totally useless bits of information like this 30 years ago yet when someone asks for something at work which is hugely important I forget within about 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, underdog said:

oh what a night...

and damn right....any of them could manage a match in this league now....in fact I would pay to watch them all now even at walking football

feeling nostalgic..sniff and this has cheered my up as I have a bloody gum abscess....I am not amused

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

The story I heard was Arsenal players were moaning about our unfair advantage. George Graham dismissed it and dropped the news that Arsenal had their own plastic pitch at their training ground. 

That Arsenal team have always struck me as poor losers, that's without mentioning Ian Wright and Lee Dixon. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm amazed I can remember totally useless bits of information like this 30 years ago yet when someone asks for something at work which is hugely important I forget within about 5 minutes.

That's the first sign of........erm............erm...........what's it called?

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's called not liking your working colleagues enough to help them..oh I so do miss those days when I used to say " I don;t have to like you to work with you..." I have fond memories of saying that to my new boss in front of my ex boss....happy days..hahah

Archived