Kuqi

Tarky

Jose

Gaz Harkins

Pete Clarke

Ripley

Gerrard

Doyle

Scrolling through Soccerbase the amount of players used is incredible, can't be a decade where we have used more.

Best game gotta be the Liverpool win although the Everton home game was the better day.

Here's to the next 10 years.

Due to the fact that he is the only one to win an England cap I'd pick James Tarkowski.

In what can be described as anything but a golden era and in a decade which has been characterised by relegation fights and being at the brink of bankruptcy the fact that a young local lad can come through our youth team into the first team and win full international honours (albeit not while he was our player) should be seen as an achievement. 

Been on Soccerbase and exported the information into excel. To say it doesn't make for very good reading is an understatement! 

I have made it run from 01/01/2010 to the current date. In ALL competitions (League, League Cup, FA Cup and JPT/Checkatrade) 

Here's some questions for you:

1) Just 2 players have scored more than 20 goals for Oldham Athletic across the decade, who are they?

2) Only 7 have scored 15 or more in a Latics shirt since then too. Who do these consist of?

3) Who has played the most games for Oldham Athletic during that period?

4) How many players have played over 100 games for Oldham since 01/01/2010?

5) How many players have played for Oldham since 01/01/2010 in ALL Competitive Competitions? 

10 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Been on Soccerbase and exported the information into excel. To say it doesn't make for very good reading is an understatement! 

I have made it run from 01/01/2010 to the current date. In ALL competitions (League, League Cup, FA Cup and JPT/Checkatrade) 

1) Just 2 players have scored more than 20 goals for Oldham Athletic across the decade, who are they? Philliskirk & Baxter

2) Only 7 have scored 15 or more in a Latics shirt since then too. Who do these consist of? Philliskirk, Baxter, Forte, Doyle (?),  Davies (?), Lang (?) not sure of the other one.

3) Who has played the most games for Oldham Athletic during that period? Clarke, Philliskirk or Baxter?

4) How many players have played over 100 games for Oldham since 01/01/2010? 1/2?

5) How many players have played for Oldham since 01/01/2010 in ALL Competitive Competitions? Got to be something like 120+?

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

And here's some pure guesswork from me. Potential score = 0

1) Just 2 players have scored more than 20 goals for Oldham Athletic across the decade, who are they?  Beckett, Porter

2) Only 7 have scored 15 or more in a Latics shirt since then too. Who do these consist of? Hughes, Baxter, Philliskirk, Eyres, Winchester, Davies, Vernon

3) Who has played the most games for Oldham Athletic during that period? Eyres

4) How many players have played over 100 games for Oldham since 01/01/2010? Four

5) How many players have played for Oldham since 01/01/2010 in ALL Competitive Competitions? 308 (average of 30 per season, plus a few)

PS, I'd be a little wary of Soccerbase's accuracy; they still have SC as Chairman FFS, Iacovitti and McCann on loan (they're both our players) and Robinson has been on loan at Crusaders for some time. I'll give them McHale, McKinney and Gaskell as they've only just been announced in the last week or so.

14 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

And here's some pure guesswork from me. Potential score = 0

PS, I'd be a little wary of Soccerbase's accuracy; they still have SC as Chairman FFS, Iacovitti and McCann on loan (they're both our players) and Robinson has been on loan at Crusaders for some time. I'll give them McHale, McKinney and Gaskell as they've only just been announced in the last week or so.

Noted! But following cross-referencing certain bits with transfermarkt they seem to have it spot on albeit certain bits like the chairman etc is incorrect.

As for the answers:

1) Beckett and Porter both prior to 2010. Porter left in 2007! Where does the time go?

2) You got 2 out of 7. Will wait for others to have a go before revealing answers

3) Eyres once again prior to 2010

4) No. More.

5) Too high

53 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Noted! But following cross-referencing certain bits with transfermarkt they seem to have it spot on albeit certain bits like the chairman etc is incorrect.

As for the answers:

1) Beckett and Porter both prior to 2010. Porter left in 2007! Where does the time go?

2) You got 2 out of 7. Will wait for others to have a go before revealing answers

3) Eyres once again prior to 2010

4) No. More.

5) Too high

I'm genuinely shocked that I was so far out with dates. I'll put it down to advancing years.

3 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

1) Just 2 players have scored more than 20 goals for Oldham Athletic across the decade, who are they? Baxter and Philliskirk

2) Only 7 have scored 15 or more in a Latics shirt since then too. Who do these consist of? Philliskirk, Baxter, Doyle, Lang, Kuqi, Forte and.... Peter Clarke

3) Who has played the most games for Oldham Athletic during that period? El Capitano Dean Furman

4) How many players have played over 100 games for Oldham since 01/01/2010? More than I thought, think it is 9.

5) How many players have played for Oldham since 01/01/2010 in ALL Competitive Competitions? My eyes started hurting beyond 2015, must be close to 250.

Answers to the questions:

1) Philikskirk - 25 and Baxter - 21

2) Philiskirk, Baxter, Doyle, Lang, Kuqi, Forte and Peter Clarke (Well Done Eyres!)

3) Carl Winchester - 140

4) 12 - Winchester, Brian Wilson, James Wilson, Clarke, Croft, Lee, M'Voto, Grounds, Philiskirk, Taylor, Furman and Wesolowski

5) 260 

Tarky for me, with honourable mentions to Peter Clarke, James Wesolowski, Jose Baxter (first time round), Danny Philliskirk (till he got injured and lost 1/2 yard pace), Johnny Forte and for sheer making the best of your ability, Brian Wilson who became a Latics stalwart.

Some great loanees - Ripley, Iversen and Lang all immediately spring to mind and Surridge pretty decent too.

Most unexpected decent performer of the decade - Adam Lockwood - led a fabulous backs to the wall performance at Port Vale after Lee Johnson had gone and half the players were injured and/or downed tools.

Best days out of the decade - Forest (FA Cup), Fulham (FA Cup), Chesterfield (league 1-0 Clarke)

Manager of the decade - Lee Johnson - last one who had Latics looking in good shape  

Archived