Orient at home on Saturday!

As well as the excellently organised fan protest on Saturday....we do actually have quite an important football game which could put us 8 points clear of the drop zone. 

Sustaining our league status is vitally important, and a win on Saturday would go a long way in helping us achieve this.

It would also maintain our recent decent league form and give us some more confidence going into next week's difficult game at Swindon. 

I know its hard to get excited about our football sometimes within the current circumstances, but let's not lose sight of our objective which has to be to make our club sustainable, and winning on the pitch can only help this goal. 

A bland 1-0 win will do for me! 😁

KTF. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're in freefall, we're part way to being in something I vaguely recall once referring to as a "run of form"....

I think we're becoming hard to score against and should be even moreso if Jones comes in.

As bad as his record is on the whole Akpa Akpro has produced the odd purple patch here and there.

Even if he doesn't score he's bigger & should have more nouse than Azankpo who's just an empty shirt.

1 or 2 nil to us..... 

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Will Dino approach the game as he did in the second half against Burton? Or will he adopt a more cautious game plan?

Leyton Orient are on a poor run of form. 

Attack, Attack, Attack! ... as the old chant used to go.

That was when we had attackers😁

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

That was when we had attackers😁

It's a fair point Dave.... 

Talking of attackers in the loose sense of the word, what's happened to Branger? 

Not that im a huge fan of his, he just seems to have disappeared and was wondering if he was injured or on the naughty step... 

6 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Talking of attackers in the loose sense of the word, what's happened to Branger? 

Not that im a huge fan of his, he just seems to have disappeared and was wondering if he was injured or on the naughty step... 

Injured. But I'm not sure we need him that urgently.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Injured. But I'm not sure we need him that urgently.

Another weird one this consensus that Branger is so shit...

He's been poor on numerous occasions but no poorer than many others amongst Mo's shite...

And probably less often....

He's also had some very good games and scored some goals, some good goals too....

7 in 45. 

That's better than most of the so called strikers we've had while he's been here. 

Baa...

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He's been poor on numerous occasions but no poorer than many others amongst Mo's shite...

He's also had some very good games and scored some goals, some good goals too....

7 in 45. 

That's better than most of the so called strikers we've had while he's been here. 

Baa...

We have too many in our squad who will have 4 and a half games where they're 4/10 and half a game where they're an 8.  The chances of enough of them putting in their 8/10 performance in the same game to get a good result are pretty slim.  Hence us being where we are.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

7 in 45. 

Baa...

7 in 45.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Not bad for a winger that so many dismiss as being shit 🤷🏼‍♂️

He has been out for months though, thought he only had a thigh strain

Think he has fallen foul of Al & Mo somewhere. 

Reasonably gifted but frustrating player, great 1 in 10, ok in 3 in 10, shit in 3 in 10, injured in 3 in 10 

23 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

He has been out for months though, thought he only had a thigh strain

Think he has fallen foul of Al & Mo somewhere. 

Reasonably gifted but frustrating player, great 1 in 10, ok in 3 in 10, shit in 3 in 10, injured in 3 in 10 

TBF its not impossible for his thigh strain to either have developed into or been an initial misdiagnosis of something more severe. 

Of course it is also possible for him to have injured something else since his thigh strain was announced. That's without considering other health related issues other than injuries. 

While not the best of AL's French lads I've no issue with Branger being in our squad on quality. 

35 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

TBF its not impossible for his thigh strain to either have developed into or been an initial misdiagnosis of something more severe. 

Of course it is also possible for him to have injured something else since his thigh strain was announced. That's without considering other health related issues other than injuries. 

While not the best of AL's French lads I've no issue with Branger being in our squad on quality. 

still think he is a victim of al & mo fallout policy  

6 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

still think he is a victim of al & mo fallout policy  

The sad thing is that any player who mysteriously stops appearing in the match day squad, a fall out with the owner and his brother is often the more likely cause. 

Apart from the PTB demonstration on Saturday, there is a game that Latics could do with winning.  I am hoping that we get more of a "second half v Burton showing" which if replicated over the majority of the 90 minutes should be enough to pick up the 3 points. 

If we get the "first half v Burton" showing be lucky to pick up a point even against an out of form Orient.

Currently got 19 points from 18 league games, if we can get to 25 from 23 and replicate that over the second half of the season, we should stay well clear of immediate trouble albeit it would represent another season wasted in truth.

Come on Latics   

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/december/04112019-leyton-orient-h-match-officials/

The ref is more card happy than Messrs Joyce, Kettle and Toner. 

Most of the time I think they must send us trainee refs.

The standard is usually appalling. I can’t believe how naive they are when it comes to players being ‘injured’ but get up and run around straight away afterwards. Plus I think they totally disregard timewasting these days!

Burton to their credit are the only team that I’ve seen at BP in the past few seasons that haven’t resorted to timewasting as soon as they went in front.

20 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

7 in 45. 

Baa...

I rate him. More good games than bad. And a big thing for me with him is that even on a bad day, he can keep the ball at his feet or draw a foul. We lose the ball in the final 2 thirds way to easily. Under dino maouche has only had a few sub appearances but played well in each one. Maybe dino can get consistency out of branger 

Archived