Orient at home on Saturday!

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Most of the time I think they must send us trainee refs.

The standard is usually appalling. I can’t believe how naive they are when it comes to players being ‘injured’ but get up and run around straight away afterwards. Plus I think they totally disregard timewasting these days!

Burton to their credit are the only team that I’ve seen at BP in the past few seasons that haven’t resorted to timewasting as soon as they went in front.

This one has only been on the League list since last season. But one of the refs that was promoted with him has been promoted again to the Championship list. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2019 at 10:53 AM, TheBigDog said:

Will Dino approach the game as he did in the second half against Burton? Or will he adopt a more cautious game plan?

Leyton Orient are on a poor run of form. 

Attack, Attack, Attack! ... as the old chant used to go.

I would like to see Ankpo(.is that how you spell his name?) and Desire up front today, playing a traditional 442.. i would like to see how Desire plays alongside a target man, he got unwarranted abuse against Burton playing against a big center back with poor service.. so yes love to see how he gets on alongside our new signing.

41 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I would like to see Ankpo(.is that how you spell his name?) and Desire up front today, playing a traditional 442.. i would like to see how Desire plays alongside a target man, he got unwarranted abuse against Burton playing against a big center back with poor service.. so yes love to see how he gets on alongside our new signing.

They are the same person. Desire Segbe Azankpo

For the first time in ages we look to have a steady team out. Not that I don’t like some of the french lads but the feel of today’s team from just looking at it gives me more hope. A bit of no how and a couple of strikers with a winger in the team. Good start as well 

7 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Most of the time I think they must send us trainee refs.

The standard is usually appalling. I can’t believe how naive they are when it comes to players being ‘injured’ but get up and run around straight away afterwards. Plus I think they totally disregard timewasting these days!

Burton to their credit are the only team that I’ve seen at BP in the past few seasons that haven’t resorted to timewasting as soon as they went in front.

This ref needs checking to see if he has any balls at all. 

One easy big decision to make - defender takes down striker from behind as last man.

Took an age over it, let himself be surrounded and intimidated and wimped out and gave a yellow.  

It's either not a foul, or it's a red. 

Pitiful. 

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Great start.

3-4-3 interesting.  I suppose Iacovitti does find himself quite advanced at times (see Walsall and Newport goals).

6 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

5 at the back, with two midfielders screening them, at home to a team who haven’t won a game in over a month.  Fuck off Dino. 

😂

It was hard to tell who was the home team at times. Really disappointing at home to the team struggling immediately above us in the table. 

Some comical defending and awful clearances today.  We don't look dangerous up front, but the back line has to be the priority in January. 

21 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

5 at the back, with two midfielders screening them, at home to a team who haven’t won a game in over a month.  Fuck off Dino. 

Dysfunctional  formation, too heavily weighted on the right. Looked like a bunch of strangers.

Took an hour for the manager to see this and change it. Akpro worked hard, but he won't  score many goals, while Wilson never looked like scoring. 

Good job we still have Jonny Smith, the one shining light in the gloom of this squad.

I expect he will be gone in January though.

Its shite, but we are 5 points clear with a game in hand. I honestly thought before the season kicked off, after the friendly results we wouldn't pick a single win. I'm in the anti AL group, but he does seem to be listening to some extent. Manger seems to be making decisions... let's hope we survive this year, clear the dead wood and crack on next season. 

Archived