Orient at home on Saturday!

3 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

This ref needs checking to see if he has any balls at all. 

One easy big decision to make - defender takes down striker from behind as last man.

Took an age over it, let himself be surrounded and intimidated and wimped out and gave a yellow.  

It's either not a foul, or it's a red. 

Pitiful. 

This

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

The ref didn't think it was a foul in the first place.

This ☝️

Ref waved play on initially but the lineman flagged for the foul. I wasn’t convinced he was last man as there was another player the other side so I think the lineman’s prob made the yellow card call based on his line of site. 

Am I the only one that thinks wheater is stealing a wage ,positional play is a joke leaves Stott exposed far to often ,powder puff heading ,hardly ever finds a blue shirt, far to slow in the head and foot , looks so disinterested. 

6 minutes ago, madlatic said:

Am I the only one that thinks wheater is stealing a wage ,positional play is a joke leaves Stott exposed far to often ,powder puff heading ,hardly ever finds a blue shirt, far to slow in the head and foot , looks so disinterested. 

Agreed

18 minutes ago, madlatic said:

Also no threat when he goes up for corners.

Great start to the game, should have capitalised.

Credit to Jonny Smith once again, by far our best attacking threat.

Chris McCann also continues to impress, hopefully will forge a good partnership with David Jones, who did contribute today.

Zak Mills very industrious, hope he stays fit.

I agree that left back is a problem area.

Playing with two up front at home should be the default option, sadly we are still struggling to find adequate quality.

Clearly there is much work to do and nobody is happy with the situation, but it appears Dino is shaping the team as he sees fit.

Im keeping the faith.

2 hours ago, madlatic said:

He's between a rock and a hard place, if he left us and went back to Bolton he'd be back next season playing in the same shit League.

I think there's only one direction he's heading 🔻

36 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Great start to the game, should have capitalised.

Credit to Jonny Smith once again, by far our best attacking threat.

Chris McCann also continues to impress, hopefully will forge a good partnership with David Jones, who did contribute today.

Zak Mills very industrious, hope he stays fit.

I agree that left back is a problem area.

Playing with two up front at home should be the default option, sadly we are still struggling to find adequate quality.

Clearly there is much work to do and nobody is happy with the situation, but it appears Dino is shaping the team as he sees fit.

Im keeping the faith.

Sorry mayfield, but that was big bore fest, against a team who are in a big free fall, but all is rosy with AL + MO 👍🤦🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Iacovitti is shit.  That’s all I have to say. 

3 hours ago, jsslatic said:

The ref didn't think it was a foul in the first place.

3 hours ago, super_blue said:

This ☝️

Ref waved play on initially but the lineman flagged for the foul. I wasn’t convinced he was last man as there was another player the other side so I think the lineman’s prob made the yellow card call based on his line of site. 

3 hours ago, madlatic said:

Yes, yes, yes and yes. This has restored my faith in this forum. 

Iacovotti is awful but so is Hamer stott and Wilson. It’s painfil.

The ref was a bit picky but he waved away that and rightly so, never a red. 

i was optimistic about weater but fuck me, he’s just a washed up old pro who doesn’t want to be here. 

I defended this squad and regime  earlier this season but I couldn’t have been more wrong, we are awful.

that team selection/formation today was criminal.

I went to the protest and liked the speech by the Orient fan who spoke with both passion and experience of what we are going through.

Imo it's the worst  standard in over 50 years of supporting the club and no wonder gates are so low.

So far as the game is concerned  after a great start Orient dominated most of the game apart from the last 20 minutes.Thought their 23 was excellent in defence.Well at least we didnt lose and had one hit the top corner post..Poor game yet again and sums it up when I was glad for a point!!!!

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

I went to the protest and liked the speech by the Orient fan who spoke with both passion and experience of what we are going through.

Imo it's the worst  standard in over 50 years of supporting the club and no wonder gates are so low.

So far as the game is concerned  after a great start Orient dominated most of the game apart from the last 20 minutes.Thought their 23 was excellent in defence.Well at least we didnt lose and had one hit the top corner post..Poor game yet again and sums it up when I was glad for a point!!!!

Good point. Not into being friends with other teams, especially London sides but can’t help admire orient recently. On the way back after looking dead, disaster in the summer and by all accounts assisting PTB. Most impressive though was their following today. Their team is as awful as ours yet they brought a good 300 up to the least atmospheric ground in the country. Fair play. 

Still would have got the V’s had that free kick gone in though.

11 hours ago, super_blue said:

This ☝️

If it's a foul, it's a red. 

If it's not, it's not a yellow. 

Yellow cards aren't there for when you're a bit unsure. 

11 hours ago, madlatic said:

Wheater hasn't been in great form (particularly yesterday with his heading) but he helps Stott through matches. 

Just watch the video of the match against Fleetwood. Without Wheater, Stott and Hamer were running round like headless chickens and we were three down in fifteen minutes.

Yesterday it didn't help that Iacovitti rarely got back leaving a massive gap to cover.   

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

No. 
Referees have to take into account three things if foul by last man:

Direction - was player fouled heading towards goal or away from it

Defenders - could other defenders have prevented a goal being scored

Distance - how far from goal was the foul committed 

There isn’t an offence about “ last man”. It’s preventing a goal scoring opportunity. Obviously refs make an assessment and their interpretation varies . 

40 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

No. 
Referees have to take into account three things if foul by last man:

Direction - was player fouled heading towards goal or away from it

Defenders - could other defenders have prevented a goal being scored

Distance - how far from goal was the foul committed 

There isn’t an offence about “ last man”. It’s preventing a goal scoring opportunity. Obviously refs make an assessment and their interpretation varies . 

Exactly. It was a goal scoring opportunity. Once he gave the foul it should have been red. 

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Only a red if he stopped a goal scoring opportunity, other than that just a yellow...I wasn’t convinced it was but I was sat on the half way line and the liner had a better view and gave it. I’d imagine he said yellow to the ref over a red card as the ref didn’t even think it was a foul in the first place. 

Another poor result because the team doesn't have a decent back four.  It was sort of five at the back because the wingers dropped back when we were attacked on their side which I think was a mistake because we gave them holes to run into.  It is difficult for Dino to play 4 4 2 because Wheater isn't interested, Stott has not improved (can't see what Stockport liked), Iacovitti is being asked to play out of position (what is his position?) and Hamer just isn't as good as he finished last season so Dino is protecting them instead of trying to score more goals than the opposition.  It was sort of two up front but Wilson is just Segbe without the desire.

Taking Iacovitti off and putting Mills in the back four was a good substitution and improved our play.  Let us pray Dino starts without him.  Segbe gave us desire and I think we saw the best of Maouche for the last time at Fulham.

McCann was good but I felt that with Jones doing a similar job they will need time to get used to each other before it is an improvement and we did lack a bit of pace.

Had a drink and watched us play on the tv.  Do we not look awful on tv?

50 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Was Missilou injured?

How did McCann and Jones do in central midfield?

Missilou is injured, McCann and Jones were ok, better in a 4-4-2 rather than the 5-3-2 which was employed for most of the game yesterday IMO.

Archived