Orient at home on Saturday!

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Another poor result because the team doesn't have a decent back four.  It was sort of five at the back because the wingers dropped back when we were attacked on their side which I think was a mistake because we gave them holes to run into.  It is difficult for Dino to play 4 4 2 because Wheater isn't interested, Stott has not improved (can't see what Stockport liked), Iacovitti is being asked to play out of position (what is his position?) and Hamer just isn't as good as he finished last season so Dino is protecting them instead of trying to score more goals than the opposition.  It was sort of two up front but Wilson is just Segbe without the desire.

Taking Iacovitti off and putting Mills in the back four was a good substitution and improved our play.  Let us pray Dino starts without him.  Segbe gave us desire and I think we saw the best of Maouche for the last time at Fulham.

McCann was good but I felt that with Jones doing a similar job they will need time to get used to each other before it is an improvement and we did lack a bit of pace.

Had a drink and watched us play on the tv.  Do we not look awful on tv?

Poor game. Poor performance and poor result.

Interesting that not a single #frenchlad started the game. 

We looked slow and disorganised. McCann and Jones were positively involved  throughout but we genuinely lack pace in the middle and at the back. Akpro looked like he might have been half decent at sometime in the past. Wilson just didn’t make much of an impact. Mills was okay but just okay, no more.

Like others on here, I am concerned at Wheater’s apparent lack of interest in what’s going on and Iacovitti simply looked ponderous in and out of possession. 

Only Smith stood out.

Yet another 90 minutes that left me cold. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Was Missilou injured?

How did McCann and Jones do in central midfield?

I feel that McCann and Jones are quite possibly abit too similar they both perhaps would benefit from a younger more mobile player playing next to them who could play box to box. Think the issues yesterday surrounded how lopsided we looked with Hamer Right CB Mills RWB and Smith on the right side of a front 3 we looked good enough going down the right. Down the left we got exposed Iacovitti and Stott are probably both more comfortable as Left sided Centre halfs both looke out of position for the goal. Wilson ahead of them had a poor game as the Left sided attacker. Akpo up.the middle didnt threaten much either. The only player who did threaten was Johnny Smith as ithers have said I hope we can keep him for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Interesting that not a single #frenchlad started the game. 

For clarity Jean Louis Akpa Akpro is French, as his name suggests. Iacovitti is clearly an AL signing, as is Zeus, although neither is French. The typical #frenchlads didn't start but I think it gets a bit confusing when we have a French player who isn't a #frenchlad and some #frenchlads who aren't French. Perhaps we need a new # for the #frenchlads? 

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

For clarity Jean Louis Akpa Akpro is French, as his name suggests. Iacovitti is clearly an AL signing, as is Zeus, although neither is French. The typical #frenchlads didn't start but I think it gets a bit confusing when we have a French player who isn't a #frenchlad and some #frenchlads who aren't French. Perhaps we need a new # for the #frenchlads? 

I did forget Zeus.

The #frenchlads label refers to the likes of Sefil, Nepo, Missilou, Maouche, Vera, Kokos, Sylla, Fane, Branger, Gonzales, Segbe etc. 

They are not all french but they are all ALMO signings who were going to propel us up the league 👀

Maybe #almolads?

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

They are not all french but they are all ALMO signings who were going to propel us up the league 👀

Maybe #almolads?

In view of the "backs to the wall" battles they will face perhaps;

#alamo

might be more appropriate

8 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

No. 
Referees have to take into account three things if foul by last man:

Direction - was player fouled heading towards goal or away from it

Defenders - could other defenders have prevented a goal being scored

Distance - how far from goal was the foul committed 

There isn’t an offence about “ last man”. It’s preventing a goal scoring opportunity. Obviously refs make an assessment and their interpretation varies . 

But given those three conditions were clearly fulfilled, it was a red. A yellow made no sense. 

6 hours ago, Hands on said:

Taking Iacovitti off and putting *literally anyone* in the back four was a good substitution and improved our play. 

This is always true. 

Fully agree with you on the rest of the back four. 

They're giving the rest of the team an impossible task with their poor ball out and erratic positioning. 

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The #mosqualidcrew? 

There's enough members. 

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I feel that McCann and Jones are quite possibly abit too similar they both perhaps would benefit from a younger more mobile player playing next to them who could play box to box. 

So Sylla then? 😉

Or Maouche, if we could get him to run. 

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

So Sylla then? 😉

Or Maouche, if we could get him to run. 

Far from an unreasonable suggestion. McCann and Sylla or Missilou could work in centre mid.

Maouche could work in a 3-4-3 playing as one of the front 3 one that drops in the pockets and links the play that is quite possibly his strength.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I did forget Zeus.

The #frenchlads label refers to the likes of Sefil, Nepo, Missilou, Maouche, Vera, Kokos, Sylla, Fane, Branger, Gonzales, Segbe etc. 

Maybe #almolads?

#Almolads is decent enough. 

Fane is definitely not an AL signing, though. Did you mean Fage? 

Get Iacovitti off. Just isn't League Two standard.

Know a few others mentioned it but he was so poor for us on Saturday and partly the reason they scored. Noticed Orient started putting the ball down our left wing eventually, helped them create some good chances. Can't afford to have a hole in the back given the situation we're in. Even brought a Liverpool fan with me for the protest who spotted how poor he was.

When we beat Morecambe at home he constantly kept hoofing the ball down his wing to the opposition when in reality he had time to keep his head up and find a pass. Really poor performances from the guy and I'm genuinely shocked at this point he's still out starting LB.

Maouche made a difference (don't shoot!), Akpa Akpro seemed to tire but might be general fitness, Smith was brilliant, Segbé seemed to bring a bit of life back into the attack (if that overhead kick would've gone in this entire board would be complementing how he runs around so much) and Mills had a really good game. Mills/Smith combo seems to work well.

Also AL out.

A quick, strong goal scoring centre forward from non league has been recommended.

Also keeping tabs on the big u21s Championship club goal poacher.

Hope both can be landed, if so fans would be in for a treat with this explosive duo.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

A quick, strong goal scoring centre forward from non league has been recommended.

Also keeping tabs on the big u21s Championship club goal poacher.

Hope both can be landed, if so fans would be in for a treat with this explosive duo.

It's hardly a goal poacher we need as they need to feed off a big partner or be on the end of crosses.

Our problem is, by only playing one up front, we don't get the ball into the box often enough for a poacher to feed of the scraps !

7 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's hardly a goal poacher we need as they need to feed off a big partner or be on the end of crosses.

Our problem is, by only playing one up front, we don't get the ball into the box often enough for a poacher to feed of the scraps !

Many goal poachers don't feed off a big  man, however both of these are strong.

37 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I might be in a minority on this but I've been dissapointed with Hamer most of this season. He's fortunate iacovitti is on the other side soaking up the criticism.

He was poor Saturday. Should have taken him off for Morais and put Mills at RB. But then as you say Iacovitti is at LB and should be nowhere near a starting line up. How bad is Smith-Brown? 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Imagine being David Wheater and looking at the shite that’s in the dressing room, half of which don’t speak the language. No wonder he can’t be arsed. 

If, as a senior player, this is Wheater’s attitude (not that I’m saying it is..) he’s as culpable as the rest of the “shite”

Archived