The rest of the matches this month give us a good opportunity to pick up points, assuming that we actually play football that's a level above shit (which can't be guaranteed with us).

On paper Swindon away is an absolute write off, but it's a game that I could see Dino relishing and he'd have no problem setting us up to dig out a point.  After that it's Crawley (H), Morecambe (A) and Salford (H).  Minimum of 6 points from those 4 games would keep us at arms length from the basement, with a win at Morecambe being essential, but I could see us picking more than that.

If we can go into January with a good gap from relegation, it could allow us to think about transfers to improve the team in the medium term rather than looking at emergency survival signings.

I admire your optimism Bosh and echo the sentiments about the 6 points but this is a team that has great difficulty winning. We played an out of form Orient side yesterday who were bottom of the form table over the last 6 matches and in truth were only worth a point. Latics had more possession, they had more shots on target. The only games we have won recently were 2-0 v Walsall after Sadler had a brainfart and got dismissed and Newport where we actually did a very professional if unexciting job.

I think any win at the moment is far from a given, Latics actually have to play well to win.

I don't believe there will be any marquee signings in January (certainly hope not like Kokos and Vera etc), and I fear that we may lose Johnny Smith who in truth remains our only realistic attacking threat.

Will settle for being out of bottom 4 at New Year and staying outside it till the end of the season, that's the extent of my belief in this playing staff I am afraid.   

27 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I admire your optimism Bosh and echo the sentiments about the 6 points but this is a team that has great difficulty winning. We played an out of form Orient side yesterday who were bottom of the form table over the last 6 matches and in truth were only worth a point. Latics had more possession, they had more shots on target. The only games we have won recently were 2-0 v Walsall after Sadler had a brainfart and got dismissed and Newport where we actually did a very professional if unexciting job.

I think any win at the moment is far from a given, Latics actually have to play well to win.

I don't believe there will be any marquee signings in January (certainly hope not like Kokos and Vera etc), and I fear that we may lose Johnny Smith who in truth remains our only realistic attacking threat.

Will settle for being out of bottom 4 at New Year and staying outside it till the end of the season, that's the extent of my belief in this playing staff I am afraid.   

Bottom 4 ? You do know we are no longer in League One ? Are you in denial like I am ? I still check for us on FlashScore in League One. 😳😩

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Bottom 4 ? You do know we are no longer in League One ? Are you in denial like I am ? I still check for us on FlashScore in League One. 😳😩

No Simply, bottom 4 in any division, I am aware relegation this year is bottom one unless someone goes bust in the EFL. 

The worst position Latics have ever finished in my lifetime was 19th in bottom Division in 1969/70, I can't see us getting as high as that sadly so will settle for the relative comfort of staying away from immediate danger.    

3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

i wonder if Al would sack Dino if we have a poor December? These coming are must win games and games we should be looking to take maximum points from.. Who knows? Its also crossed my mind about Dino joining back up with Westley at stevenage?.

We have averaged a point a game and won 1 in 5.

We aren't winning the next 3. 

11 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

i wonder if Al would sack Dino if we have a poor December? These coming are must win games and games we should be looking to take maximum points from.. Who knows? Its also crossed my mind about Dino joining back up with Westley at stevenage?.

You wouldn't necessarily have expected AL to sack Frankie Bunn this time last year. But lo and behold he did. 

We were then managerless for the Transfer window, so AL and Mo could bring in their own players- Sefil, Iacovitti and Vera haven't set the division alight since then. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dino was sacked no matter the results over the next few games. 

16 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Would not be surprised if he got the push just before the transfer window opens so we don,t have to sign anyone till we appoint a new man just before it shuts.

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

Def 3 huge games. We are v poor but only 5 points from 13th. 3 from  16th. There are some rank teams in this league and Dino needs to get points from these games For sure as we should be able to compete 

Unfortunately we are one of those rank teams. January will be crucial 

2 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Def 3 huge games. We are v poor but only 5 points from 13th. 3 from  16th. There are some rank teams in this league and Dino needs to get points from these games For sure as we should be able to compete 

We weren't very poor yesterday. In fact we were by far the best team. Our problem is the same as it's been all season. No strikers worth he name. Midfield is now decent, but holding onto McCann and Jones is an issue. Put Swindon's strikers into our team and we will climb the league easily. If Bradford recall Doyle, Swindon won't stay top and may even drop out of the play offs.

4 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

I'd never rule out AL&Mo sacking anyone at anytime, especially if it made sense not to sack the manager.

Archived