50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd certainly take second bottom now. 

Me too.  Sad indictment of how the Clown and his brother are killing this club.  Quicker they sell, the better.  

No prospect of any strengthening, let alone mass strengthening, of this squad.  See it weakening further as our only shining star in Smith will, no doubt, be gone.

56 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Me too.  Sad indictment of how the Clown and his brother are killing this club.  Quicker they sell, the better.  

No prospect of any strengthening, let alone mass strengthening, of this squad.  See it weakening further as our only shining star in Smith will, no doubt, be gone.

Six centre forwards identified by myself as possible loanees.

2 Premiership, 2 Championship, 2 non league. All are being followed up so hopefully  we can land one of them.

The  most likely is from a Championship club we have had players from in the past.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd certainly take second bottom now. 

We need to beat Crawley well and take the confidence from that into the Morecambe game, Morecambe have a winnable game against Newport but that one could go either way, Stevenage will get a massive boost from the return of their serial manager, Graham Westley but I'd still expect Crewe to turn them over.

I can't see anything less than 4 points from our next 2 games but ??????? 🙏

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

2 Premiership, 2 Championship, 2 non league. All are being followed up so hopefully  we can land one of them.

The  most likely is from a Championship club we have had players from in the past.

Wigan?

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

That’s all well and good but if the Clown won’t fund any of them then what’s the point?  

Unless you’re suggesting that DM has a budget now?

Quick Q - who are you recommended these to? DM or ML?

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

That’s all well and good but if the Clown won’t fund any of them then what’s the point?  

Unless you’re suggesting that DM has a budget now?

Quick Q - who are you recommended these to? DM or ML?

High level with feedback.

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He can only play for Bradford or Swindon this season.

True but another club could still sign him, they might well get him at a very cheap price too. But no club is going to buy him if he can't play for them until next season. 

Bradford recalling him to sit on their bench, and stop Swindon playing him, wouldn't be that unusual though. 

Edit: Slight caveat he would be eligible to play for an club with a different schedule though. So he could go to Ireland or the USA as examples. 

44 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

True but another club could still sign him, they might well get him at a very cheap price too. But no club is going to buy him if he can't play for them until next season. 

Bradford recalling him to sit on their bench, and stop Swindon playing him, wouldn't be that unusual though. 

Edit: Slight caveat he would be eligible to play for an club with a different schedule though. So he could go to Ireland or the US as examples. 

i very much doubt we will be in the running to sign Doyle, more like Owen Coyle 😂

• 2 weeks later...

So we finish the month with 7 points from a possible 15.  Pretty average overall, but average has been enough to take us a decent distance away from the drop zone.

Top 7 is a long way away, so the rest of the season shouldn't be particularly exciting unless it's for the wrong reasons.  January will be pivotal, a bad window will drag us back in, a decent one will get us comfortably into mid-table and maybe even looking up.

Over to you Dino, stay away Mo and Barry.

47 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Over to you Dino, stay away Mo and Barry.

Even if they completely duck out of football matters, which would be an odd thing for a sporting director to do unless he goes, they still have to sanction payments. 

Archived