Swindon away 🙄

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Wellens, although doing well,

Really fell into a barrel of roses after leaving here, swindon have always been a decent set up and had he gone to a lesser club, then, I still think the same problems that dogged him here would be laid bare once more.

Let's see if he ever steps up from this temporary lofty position 🤔

Always been a decent club? One of the select few that have managed to find their way from the Premier League to here. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Dino on Swindon’s players:

"They're the best team in the league right now. I think that if you look at the players they have, Mathieu Baudry has won promotion from this level twice in the last three years with Doncaster Rovers and MK Dons and they've got Michael Doughty in the middle of the park with a terrific left foot, terrific box-to-box player.

"Also, they've Anthony Grant and he has won many promotions with different clubs and he's been around the block and their front three Kaiyne Woolery, Eoin Doyle and Jerry Yates they all can score and create goals and they're a real force going forward and they're a very good team."

:shock:

Grant played for us didn't he, on loan from Chelsea post the Phylliskirk transfer? 

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Really fell into a barrel of roses after leaving here, swindon have always been a decent set up and had he gone to a lesser club, then, I still think the same problems that dogged him here would be laid bare once more.

Well yeah, as a rule having good players and a stable working environment generally is a help rather than a hindrance...

4 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

For the same problems to dog him again he would have to work for AL, which is highly unlikely

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Always been a decent club? One of the select few that have managed to find their way from the Premier League to here. 

The decent comment was aimed at how stable a club they've been but quite right,

I'd forgotten that Ritchie is still in the same shit league he helped put us in, so in reality he hasn't really progressed at all

6 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Do that and we'll get slaughtered 

Can’t see any other way we can get a result. On a hiding to nothing, go at em and we’ll need an abacus and cue the hysteria about tactics. Parking the bus might end up the same way with aforementioned hysteria, but we might just be lucky and pull something off with the latter? Only if E Doyle puts his boots on the wrong feet though. 

12 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Can’t see any other way we can get a result. On a hiding to nothing, go at em and we’ll need an abacus and cue the hysteria about tactics. Parking the bus might end up the same way with aforementioned hysteria, but we might just be lucky and pull something off with the latter? Only if E Doyle puts his boots on the wrong feet though. 

We need to impose ourselves from the very start and they might think twice or sit back and take wave after wave of misery

Archived