Club interaction and engagement - catchy eh?

My cousin has just taken his 7 and 9 year old to their first footy match at Wycombe Wanders . He tweeted about it and immediately got a response from the club welcoming him and the kids to the fold .

it made me think how poor our club has become at ‘ looking after’ its supporters.

it was the sense that you were important that really pulled me into the club in the 90’s and it was very important .

And now, we are left with the coach to Swindon being cancelled. I was appalled when I saw that. For those  who go to the footy week in week out .the club is very important. Why not get a smaller coach? It wouldn’t have taken much thought or planning. 
im not suggesting that a football club is a charity BUT it is a vital part of the community which means the world to people .

The way the club is going is really very sad. I won’t be the first or the last to say that on this message board - what a shame .

48 minutes ago, 4oakslatic said:

My cousin has just taken his 7 and 9 year old to their first footy match at Wycombe Wanders . He tweeted about it and immediately got a response from the club welcoming him and the kids to the fold .

it made me think how poor our club has become at ‘ looking after’ its supporters.

it was the sense that you were important that really pulled me into the club in the 90’s and it was very important .

And now, we are left with the coach to Swindon being cancelled. I was appalled when I saw that. For those  who go to the footy week in week out .the club is very important. Why not get a smaller coach? It wouldn’t have taken much thought or planning. 
im not suggesting that a football club is a charity BUT it is a vital part of the community which means the world to people .

The way the club is going is really very sad. I won’t be the first or the last to say that on this message board - what a shame .

+1

What about all of the times when the coach has been full and they have made a profit, sometimes with customers you have to take the rough with the smooth, its called customer service

I have a season ticket in the Main Stand paddock, towards the Chaddy end.

The food kiosk has been closed all season. Earlier in the season I attempted to use the one up stairs but that was closed too.

My other half brought up this article, https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/september/06092018-free-sanitary-products/ .. and needless to say, it hasn’t been followed up on.

The amount of familiar faces that usually sit around us, and no longer go is staggering.

The overall atmosphere is crap.

I’ve loved supporting this club over the years, but with all these issues and the performances on the pitch, why the hell would anyone other than a blind-loyal die hard want to come watch us?

The 'excuse' if you want to give one is that the rot set in a long time ago, well before the current ownership.    It's absolutely inexcusable that they have put none of this right and indeed made most of it worse over the last couple of years.  

The really bizarre thing is that so many of the points are nothing to do with cash, they're simple things to mend which just take a little thought and effort.  I can;t get my head round why they don't do any of it because it makes no sense for anybody.

I seriously think we are on the road to oblivion. The place is as dead as a dodo and fans are deserting in droves. There's precious little cashflow from supporters (i.e. vast majority of home fans are season ticket holders) and everything visible about our club is unprofessional. Even yesterday's match report on the official reads like it's been written by a 12 year old trying to grasp grammar, tense etc.

Just an all round shocking state of affairs.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

I seriously think we are on the road to oblivion. The place is as dead as a dodo and fans are deserting in droves. There's precious little cashflow from supporters (i.e. vast majority of home fans are season ticket holders) and everything visible about our club is unprofessional. Even yesterday's match report on the official reads like it's been written by a 12 year old trying to grasp grammar, tense etc.

The owners are not interested in their customers/ supporters - they treat us with utter contempt and appear incapable of actually doing anything right. Just totally unprofessional and unappealing in the extreme. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

That match report is truly horrendous!

10 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Even yesterday's match report on the official reads like it's been written by a 12 year old trying to grasp grammar, tense etc.

9 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

That match report is truly horrendous!

Somewhat of an overreaction I think. 

It seems like it has been lifted from the twitter match text feed in an effort to get a report out quickly. Yes it does have a few errors with tense but generally it reads well.

I'm registered with around 5 or 6 clubs as "a supporter" usually to for the purpose of making sure I get tickets for Latics playing away, if needed, or we just want an away day. Like Fleetwood Town, Bury and Morecambe. 

The point being on my birthday I got a happy birthday email from majority of them. Fleetwood Town send me a e-program on home match days. I get a lot of promotional emails from most of the clubs. Latics send me nothing. They know all my details as I've been a season ticket holder for 30 years.  Does anybody else get promotional emails from Latics?

11 minutes ago, Witty said:

I'm registered with around 5 or 6 clubs as "a supporter" usually to for the purpose of making sure I get tickets for Latics playing away, if needed, or we just want an away day. Like Fleetwood Town, Bury and Morecambe. 

The point being on my birthday I got a happy birthday email from majority of them. Fleetwood Town send me a e-program on home match days. I get a lot of promotional emails from most of the clubs. Latics send me nothing. They know all my details as I've been a season ticket holder for 30 years.  Does anybody else get promotional emails from Latics?

Think it's been said on here before, but after years of being a season ticket holder there wasn't any attempt by the club to get me to renew this year. (it's beside the point that I wouldn't have changed my mind anyway). 

Just had a look back on my emails. I had a personal email about the legends lounge in July 2017 and a commercial mailing list one in January 2018.

Nothing since.  Not even anything asking me to update my marketing preferences for GDPR.

One of the fan questions to the club's MD last week was primarily about contacting lapsed Season ticket contact.

IT caused quite a bit of a reaction on social media..well the lack of contact that is, so the club expanded on the reasons more. I did put the link in the Trust thread above. But I will put it on here now.

https://trustoldham.co.uk/meeting-with-natalie-atkinson-further-details/

Now I vaguely remember the club getting at CRM system about 2017 as it was the same time my works did and the same system. So I don't know what has happened to that one.

I cancelled my iFollow on 14th June 2019. A n auto reply about sorry to see you go from EFL/ifollow but that's it. nothing from the club. Like NZ Latic I've had nothing since 14th Dec 2018, an ad from the link up with Sporting Pay, from commercial@oldhamathletic.co.uk

I've not had anything from Supporter Liason (Natalie Seaton) since  29th Nov 2017.

Now even if there were issues with GDPR & new PC, some fishing contact or even some innovative contact methods to get in touch with lapsed fans should have bene done since then.

I'm not 100% commited to not renewing iFollow till Abdallah goes, so something could have swayed me.

17 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The 'excuse' if you want to give one is that the rot set in a long time ago, well before the current ownership.    It's absolutely inexcusable that they have put none of this right and indeed made most of it worse over the last couple of years.  

The really bizarre thing is that so many of the points are nothing to do with cash, they're simple things to mend which just take a little thought and effort.  I can;t get my head round why they don't do any of it because it makes no sense for anybody.

I honestly think they just don't understand. 

People they've sacked & volunteers who've left were probably often involved in doing & flagging up the little things to help fans that a football club does.

Abdallah and those around him probably literally have no concept of this. 

Not subsidising an official coach in order to have at least one going to an away match is beyond belief.

And they may not have even needed to had they hung on til the Friday and a few had booked on late. 

45 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I honestly think they just don't understand. 

People they've sacked & volunteers who've left were probably often involved in doing & flagging up the little things to help fans that a football club does.

Abdallah and those around him probably literally have no concept of this. 

Not subsidising an official coach in order to have at least one going to an away match is beyond belief.

And they may not have even needed to had they hung on til the Friday and a few had booked on late. 

I heard only 5 were booked on it, surely they could of found a way of getting them there?

What was the away attendance out of interest?

21 hours ago, 4oakslatic said:

Go Goodwins may not have smaller coaches, and as they have a contract with them they may not be able to get one from elsewhere. Saying that though Go Goodwins could have arranged one from another company, as they do when it's busy and they haven't enough coaches to cover their schedule. 

2 hours ago, singe said:

I cancelled my iFollow on 14th June 2019. A n auto reply about sorry to see you go from EFL/ifollow but that's it. nothing from the club. Like NZ Latic I've had nothing since 14th Dec 2018, an ad from the link up with Sporting Pay, from commercial@oldhamathletic.co.uk

I've not had anything from Supporter Liason (Natalie Seaton) since  29th Nov 2017.

Now even if there were issues with GDPR & new PC, some fishing contact or even some innovative contact methods to get in touch with lapsed fans should have bene done since then.

I'm not 100% commited to not renewing iFollow till Abdallah goes, so something could have swayed me.

You won't have had anything from Natalie Seaton for a while because she left the club a while ago. 

FWIW I've had an automated weekly update from the club every week since the start of the season. A few in the summer and every week for the 2019 portion of last season. 

Have any of you that haven't received an email checked your spam? 

45 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

FWIW I've had an automated weekly update from the club every week since the start of the season. A few in the summer and every week for the 2019 portion of last season. 

Not a sausage for me - think I`ve had one email about 2 years ago. They have my email address and I did not opt of sharing info etc. - so it's a complete mystery how one fan can get regular emails - and others nothing, or very little. I check my emails (including spam at least once every 2 days) and I haven't changed the one I used for my past season ticket purchases.

52 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I also get those on a Fridsy

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Not a sausage for me - think I`ve had one email about 2 years ago. They have my email address and I did not opt of sharing info etc. - so it's a complete mystery how one fan can get regular emails - and others nothing, or very little. I check my emails (including spam at least once every 2 days) and I haven't changed the one I used for my past season ticket purchases.

Think I opted in, as I used to get emails to 2 accounts, but now they only go to one. 

Archived